F'ing AAA Red Sox!!!!!!

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Oct 20, 2004, 10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

YEAH BABY!!!!!  History making baseball 4 nights in a row!!!  PLUS we're going to the SERIES!!!!!!  YEEEEHAAAAAWWWW! :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

katkillad

Yes!!! It was so amazing.  Nothing like playing cards, drinking some beers, and watching baseball history being made.  

I hate the yankees so much.  And alex rodriguez is a cheating ass cheater.

MMJ_fanatic

so dude--who's your favorite tonight--Houston or St Louie?

katkillad

I'm a little torn between the two actually.  I like Roger Clemens a lot...even though he was on the devil yankees for a while.  I also knew one of the pitchers who was on the astros, Rick Stone, but he got traded to the padres.  Pujols is amazing also along with the rest of the cardinals.  

If yankees would have won I would have wanted them to play the Astros.  Since Clemens is pitching tomorrow I will probably still be rooting for the astros.  However, I think I would rather see the Cardinals play Boston...and then boston for the win.  

antoniostrohs

Congrats to the Sox from a lifelong Yankee fan.You guys deserved to win.When a team can't finish the job up 3-0,then they don't deserve to win.Gutsy pitching in game 6 by Schilling,one for the history books.Good pitching always beats good hitting and the Red Sox have both.Congrats again and bring the championship back to the American League.
 p.s. that was a low class move by A-Rod,no way Jeter would have never done that.

wordawg

Fabulous stuff, I'm sure (probably).

Its not a real sport though, is it? Its rounders for Gods sake, a bairns game.

Now football, thats a proper game.

Toon versus Man City on Sunday. Come on the Toon!!!!! ;D
the future is Ginger

katkillad

baseball and golf are the only sports I enjoy watching, with the exception of billiards.  I agree soccer is a talented sport.  Football kind of makes me sad.  There isn't a "whole lot" of strategy involved.  Its more or less running, throwing, and hitting.  Of course you have to know plays, but i think in general that sums football up.  Basketball is too flashy for me, but I do enjoy the sport more than football.

Baseball just has so much talent and skill involved that starts from childhood.  Learning to throw a ball...throwing a ball well...and then throwing hard.  Same with batting; developing a stance and learning to hit pitches.  It takes some serious skill to put a bat on a ball coming at you 90+ miles an hour.  Not to mention all the other type of pitches.  Baserunning in itself has some strategy to it.  Catching a fly ball...being a catcher...the talent in baseball is endless.  Unfortunately, i havent been overly impressed with baseball in general until these past few years.  

Golf is the same situation...i've got a lot of respect for golfers.  So much talent.  

SMc55

Toon versus Man City on Sunday. Come on the Toon!!!!! ;D

Have you noticed how Alan Shearer can make a head bandage look cool?

Howay the lads!

MMJ_fanatic

marktwain

Quoteso dude--who's your favorite tonight--Houston or St Louie?

Looking forward to a series b/w Houston & Boston:  Texas vs. Massachusetts, sound familiar?
 ;)
Go Sox!!

wordawg

Football is a proper game.
Not the american type.
Not bloody soccer
Football is football

Right?

HowaytheToon!
the future is Ginger

SMc55

Quoteis that English? ;)

Sort of  ;)

People, like me and greggy, from the North East of England around Newcastle are called geordies, and our dialect is also called geordie.

Toon is geordie for town (i.e. Newcastle)
Howay is geordie for "Come on"

Howay the lads and howay the toon are friendly exhortations to our football team to do their utmost to win their next match.

Alan Shearer is the Newcastle captain (and the England captain until he gave up international football to devote himself to the toon) has god-like status here. This is very well deserved. I know for a fact that God asks his advice from time to time.

He wears a black and white shirt with a number 9 on it. I've got one of those  ;)

marktwain

My Morning Jacket dot com can be so educational!

wordawg

QuoteMy Morning Jacket dot com can be so educational!
.....and no extra charge!!! :D
the future is Ginger

MMJ_fanatic

thanks to all you tea-drinkers ;) for the clarifications.  I think soccer is great tho' most folks in the States don't dig it/take it seriously.  Baseball is the great American pastime tho' and football well that's another thing all together.  well, you know what they say--variety is the spice of life! :D

marktwain

Quote well, you know what they say--variety is the spice of life! :D

Nope, oregano is.

MMJ_fanatic

MMJ_fanatic

OOOOO ya baby can you say sweep?!!?!!?!!?!!  How 'bout that Curt Schilling?