how is my evening ?

Started by sweatboard, Nov 04, 2004, 06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

so glad you asked! I have invented a new game, in this game i open up two different awesome album files on my computer and take turns playing one song from each album.  Tonights match up- White Stripes, Elepahant Vs. Pavement, Crooked Rain.  I haven't decided who the winner is........besides me.  I call this game "I'm Lonely".  Anyone got some good matchups?  I just decided that the White Stripes are no match for Pavement despite Jack White's performance in Cold Mt.............
There's Still Time.........

lfish

Cool game... if you're lonely  :)

Here's another challenge:

Songs Ohia: The black Crow

Versus

Palace brothers: Horses

lfish

EC

Townes Van Zandt - The Nashville Sessions
vs.
John Prine - Sweet Revenge

Emmylou Harris - Pieces of the Sky
vs.
Gillian Welch - Time (The Revelator)

(I didn't mean to pair sexes, necessarily...)

marktwain

(I didn't mean to pair sexes, necessarily...)

That shit is illegal in Kentucky. :P

howsabout Tennessee Fire vs Sticky Fingers?

EC

That shit is illegal in Kentucky. :P

Oh mylanta, that made me fucking howl.

(Except, it won't make me howl if it's actually true.  I assume you're talking about marriage?  Sorry to be o/t here.)

marktwain

Yep, not just illegal, but now it's an amendment to our state constitution (marriage, civil unions, etc.)

And I think oral sex is still illegal too.

(Sorry, everybody - I really don't mean to infect every thread with politics!)

lfish

QuoteSorry, everybody - I really don't mean to infect every thread with politics

Bloody well done! Now that we had a thread without politics...   ;)
lfish

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteYep, not just illegal, but now it's an amendment to our state constitution (marriage, civil unions, etc.)

And I think oral sex is still illegal too.

(Sorry, everybody - I really don't mean to infect every thread with politics!)
and they helped President Bush get 4 more years :D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

(I feel like it's all my fault for ruining the thread, so...)

The Smiths (Louder Than Bombs)
vs.
The Cure (Staring At the Sea)

The Boar

Oooh, I like this game.

The Chamber Strings: Gospel Morning

vs.

Gram Parsons: Grievous Angel

Coltrane

Bob Dylan and The Band: The Basement Tapes Vol. 1-5

vs.

Harry Smith's: Anthology of American Folk Music
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

The Boar

Got another one for y'all:

Stereolab - Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements

vs.

The Jayhawks - Tomorrow the Green Grass

sweatboard

Quote(I feel like it's all my fault for ruining the thread, so...)

The Smiths (Louder Than Bombs)
vs.
The Cure (Staring At the Sea)

Nice Save, I love the matchup!!!!!!!!!!
Some other good matchups but I'll have to download some of the albums first.  I've been wanting to listen to Gillian Welch and Townes Van Zandt and Songs Ohia.

sweatboard

how about

Cat Power- You Are Free vs. M. Ward- Transfiguration of Vincent.  

From what I read on Pitchfork these two team up on Chan's new video/song release.  Apparently M.Ward plays guitar and Chan sings over it for 18 min.  Sounds like something I must own!  If Chan likes M.Ward mabey she met Jim, which means my dream of a duet could be in play! ;D

Not to sound like a gay-wad but wouldn't Jim and Chan be the hottest rock couple of all time?............ The two could make beautiful music together ;)..........Ok I'll Stop Now!

EC

Not to sound like a gay-wad
mmmm...  mildly offensive...

sweatboard

no it's cool, it's kind of like when eminem uses faggot, it just means I'm cool and want to sing a duet with Elton John.  

EC

Hey man, I'm not trying to designate myself as the spokesperson for offensive, perhaps hurtful statements, but I just see a lot of stuff written on this board that isn't cool.  It's not that anyone's meaning to be hurtful (and fuck, I don't know, maybe people aren't being hurt, maybe I'm just being sensitive).  

Okay.  It's this.  I used to work with a guy who was gay.  And we would joke around, and one time I was telling him a story about this stupid thing that happened, and I said, "It was SO gay."  And it was stupid, and obviously I didn't mean it in any other way than the way I used it in grade six when I didn't really know what it meant, and it seriously just came out without my thinking.  But he was so upset.  And I explained that it wasn't intentional, and I was in no way meaning to hurt his feeling, and I felt like such an asshole about it.  And he explained that he knew I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but that the word "gay" described him, and when he kept on hearing it used as a derogatory word, it just got to him sometimes.  (And I can empathize with things like, "Man, that guy drives like a fucking woman.")  And I have a lot of friends who are gay, and I'm sensitive to the fact that it might be frustrating to hear the word "gay" spread around unthinkingly, making people feel like crap about it.  And then I know a lot of gay people who could give a shit what anyone says, so...

It's no offense to you, either.  I still do it sometimes without thinking.  I'm just pointing it out.  :)

(And eminem pisses me off.  I have a sense of humour, or whatever, and he can say what he wants, but I hate it.)

Okay.  whew.  Sorry.  

Led Zepplin - Houses of the Holy
King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King

Oz

Chan and Jim, yeah, that would look good. :)
I'm ready when you are