Christmas lists?

Started by sweatboard, Dec 15, 2004, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

What does everyone want this year?

1. A new guitar amp
2. a bean bag chair
3. the 7" heartbreakin man single
4. For M. Ward, Cat Power and My Morning Jacket to start a world tour together and invite me along to do the video documentation.  ;D

There's Still Time.........

corey

I want a Tivo. real. bad.

EC

I still don't know what a Tivo is.  

SmoothOprtr

Can Santa get rid of about two inches of gut without reducing my beer consumption?
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

SMc55

I would like a claw hammer and some chocolate.

Not necessarily in that order  ;)

marktwain

QuoteI would like a claw hammer and some chocolate.

Wow, doc.  This is really telling - I can see that you are both sweet and not to be crossed.

For Christmas, I would like some new music, including  MMJ's chapters 1 and 2.
And a banjo.

JacketGal

A new MMJ record and a tour w/at least 3 shows in Chicago :)
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

dogandponyshow

Hand signed flying V guitar by Jim
Week in Vegas to win big money
Health and Happiness
New disc every day
Guided by Voices get back together
40 gig IPOD
Huge Plasma t.v.
Big raise at my job
An in with whoever makes Don Julio Silver tequila so I have at all time in my house for free

D.

corey

Banjoes rule. I got one earlier this year and I enjoy the hell out of it. I'm still not very good, but I can get my way around G,C,D, and Em pretty well.  :)

SMc55

I can see that you are both sweet and not to be crossed.

Ah, we've met then  ;)

A banjo! Wow! What a fab idea.

marktwain

QuoteBanjoes rule. I got one earlier this year and I enjoy the hell out of it. I'm still not very good, but I can get my way around G,C,D, and Em pretty well.  :)

What else do you need?  F, maybe.  Playing any Jacket songs? and if so, how do they sound?

EC

'wiggum - you got a BANJO?  That is so rad.  Wowee.

MMJ_fanatic

I was Christmas shopping the other night and splurged on Pearl Jam "Rearview mirror"  nice collection!  I could care less what I get for Christmas tho' money is always nice :)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

Wait, maybe a leglamp!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

corey

They had the leglamps at Spencers a couple of months ago. I should have bought it... although my better half says that we should have bought it, dropped it, then glued it back together.  :)

I haven't tried to play any MMJ songs on the banjo, but I made an arrangment for an acoustic version of "The Day John Henry Died" by the Drive-By Truckers.

I may record a version of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" just so I can actually play something on the banjo and record... just to hear how it sounds.  Did that sentence make any sense?

(I hope you get a banjo!)

sweatboard

Hand signed flying V guitar by Jim
Week in Vegas to win big money
Health and Happiness
New disc every day
Guided by Voices get back together
40 gig IPOD
Huge Plasma t.v.
Big raise at my job
An in with whoever makes Don Julio Silver tequila so I have at all time in my house for free

D.

That is one sweet ass list.
There's Still Time.........

EC

Oh man, I would love a banjobedo.  
Quote"The Day John Henry Died" by the Drive-By Truckers.
(There are a few acoustic versions that came along before the DBT's, I think...  Actually, I think I have a couple if you'd like ideas.  :))