Main Menu

The Flu

Started by olwiggum, Feb 11, 2005, 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

Anybody else have it?

I was diagnosed last night.  :(

EC

I guess that answers my private message.

Poor guy.  Drink a LOT of water (unless you're barfing, which you probably are.)  Do you have a fever?  

I think you're supposed to stay at home and watch movies and listen to music all day when you have the flu.  I know that you're NOT supposed to work or do anything tedious or un-fun, because you have the flu, and that's crap enough.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what doctors say...  :)

(Sorry about the flu.  Stupid, crappy asshole flu.)

corey

Yeah, it started on Tuesday and I was at work all day, then I went to my 2nd job that night. I thought it was just a bad cold. It got worse on Wednesday and I had a 102 degree temperature when I got home from work. I had to go work last night (Thursday) for a few hours until someone could come in and relieve me, but I mostly had my head on the desk in the office. When I got home, I was really dizzy and ended up puking several times. That's when I decided to go to the doc.

I did manage to watch "Gigantic: A Tale of two Johns" yesterday. We got it in from Netflix a couple of days ago. I loved it! That explained why I was able to get Flansburgh's autograph and not get Linnell's.  :)

Sauce (that's my wife for those of y'all that don't know. EC knows her) and little Sauce have it as well, although she hasn't thrown up, but he has. Poor little guy.

We're gonna use this weekend to DEFINITELY watch some movies.

I'm getting in my web time this morning before I completely start feeling like shit again. I was OK for a couple of hours yesterday morning, but last night proved to be the worst night so far... so I figure I'll catch up on e-mail and boards this morning while I can.

EC

Little Saucey Sauce is sick.  :(

Ah.  Poor little sweet pea.   :-[

SMc55

Take care of yourselves. Hope you all get well really soon.

marktwain

I'm feeling it, too, wiggs.

My wife has had it for over a week.  Now Abe and I are sick.  But I'm at work today anyway, feeling lousy and taking it out on everyone, I'm sure.

The Boar

I'm still alright myself *knock on wood*. Hope you all feel better soon.

MMJ_fanatic

already been thru bronchitis so hopefully I'm done for the season.  every time I coughed my lungs felt like chopped meat ugh :P
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

corey

Thanks everybody. I'm feeling a little better. I just get really light-headed if I sit up for more than a few minutes at a time.

EC

QuoteThanks everybody. I'm feeling a little better. I just get really light-headed if I sit up for more than a few minutes at a time.
Try to drink lots of water, and eat if you can.  Brown rice is good in little amounts.  :)  

(sorry to hear about little Abe, too, Tundra. :()

The Boar

Well, rats, I got it now too. Must have been infection through cyber-contact.  :-[

tomEisenbraun

i didn't get the flu, but i had a case banana yellwo snot every morning for two weeks straight. I'd blow my nose and, despite the vivid colors, it sucked a lot. Especially since it made my voice total crap so I couldn't sing at all...argh.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.