The Grammys

Started by Coltrane, Feb 14, 2005, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltrane

Wow. The Grammys suck ass.

....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

primushead

Don't they?  I'm glad I've never won one.

dogandponyshow

A bleeping waste of time.....

D.

The Boar

TOTALLY agree, almost. Wilco did win a couple, and I think those are well-deserved: Recording Packaging (i.e. the egg) and Alternative Music Album. Note, that is not the same as Rock Album, won by Green Day.

The Boar

And, although it appears the Grammys drew the 2nd-lowest viewing audience in Grammy history, I doubt that would change the way they handle their business. Sigh.  :-/

fitzcarraldo

I almost threw my tv out the window during Jennifer lopez and Mark Anthony's duet. Congrats to Wilco and Kanye West though!

Jellyfish

I was glad to see Loretta's album win a couple but other than that......it sucked...and Tim Mcgraw and Dickey Betts together onstage...wtf?  Disgust...Dickey belongs with the Allmans.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

MMJ_fanatic

I can't stand those award shows in general just a bunch of pinheads hanging around kissing each others butts.  "look at us!  Look at how great we are!"  PUKE :P
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

primushead

And what's the deal with the performances?  It seems every year they stage a really corny duet with two random people.  

MMJ_fanatic

Quote It seems every year they stage a really corny duet with two random people.  

oh but that's "KEWL"  ::)

primushead

yeah, i guess you're right. And TRL is really kewl too ;)

EC

Quoteoh but that's "KEWL"  

Oh  man.  GREAT new spelling.  Are we allowed to use it, or is it considered lame amongst the young ones?

p.s.  Don't watch tv.  Your life will be better!  :)

primushead

I think I've cut down my TV watching by 70% just by posting shit on this forum.  It's much more rewarding, and someday, i'll get another star!

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI think I've cut down my TV watching by 70% just by posting shit on this forum.  It's much more rewarding, and someday, i'll get another star!
don't you feel better already :D?

primushead

marktwain

My grammy is an awesome lady.  Man, she loves her crosswords.  And fiddle-faddle.

SMc55

QuoteMy grammy is an awesome lady.  Man, she loves her crosswords.  And fiddle-faddle.

;D