First Question...

Started by primushead, Feb 13, 2005, 12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

I will generally agree with you.

But not PBR.  PBR tastes better out of a can.  According to me.

MMJ_fanatic

I, too, vote for glass over aluminum.  nothing sounds better than an empty bottle smashing into a big ole rock as you reach for a refill ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

You can't shotgun a bottle  and then crush it on your forehead.
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

awright ya got me on that point...  still there is a sense of closure when that empty goes kerrrrrash!

EC

QuoteYou can't shotgun a bottle Êand then crush it on your forehead.
Yeah, that might hurt and potetially be fatal.

Do you know, I have never done that.  Crushed a can on my forehead.  Perhaps I will try with this empty diet coke can that one of the gals in the office left behind.

oh.  ouch.  oh that sucks.

The Boar

QuoteWell, it's illegal in the sense that it would make the bourbon taste like shit.  Any length of time more than two days in that kind of can would taint it very badly.

Ah, yes, good point. What if we stored it in a beautiful wood barrel, say, oak?

The Boar

But I'm down with PBR in a can, as well. A good, easy-drinkin' beer.

EC

Ah, yes, good point. What if we stored it in a beautiful wood barrel, say, oak?
I think that just might work!

primushead

What if they made PBR in small, wooden cans?  It'd be like your own personal ol' time keg.  I hope it'd taste good though.

peanut butter puddin surprise

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bourbon.  

i'd have to say that anything called "bourbon" beats the shit out of beer any day of the week.  some of the cheapest, nastiest bourbon out there tastes leagues better than PBR...sorry I can't toe the party line on that.  PBR stands for "Purely Bad Rot" or "Probable Botulism Receptacle" or something like that.  This stems from being 15 and affording only PBR in quarts (32 oz) for $.99 and puking it right back up, I think...but to each his own.

Knob Creek, Elijah Craig, Maker's Mark...all have the JC Seal of Drunken Approval.  Just ask antoniostrohs, he knows!  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

antoniostrohs

Amen Brother John,We love the bourbon

EC

HA!  That's wicked!  

Who was I telling this to?  So, a couple of weeks ago I go to the liquor store before heading into work (something I always do, because otherwise how else can you get through the day? ;)).  Anyhow, what did I see?  A bottle of Knob Creek.  Well, you can NEVER find it here, so I was really, really excited.  Go to pay, no wallet.  And it was the same week my bike had been stolen, so I had a little panic attack (let alone it's always embarassing when you go to pay for something, and you can't - this happened to me in Europe in the summer, and it was really, really, really shitty... but I digress... what else is new. ha!)  Anyhow, I couldn't get it.  I'd left my wallet at home, and the cat must've been sleeping on it so I didn't see it. >:(

Anyhow, did I go back and try to get it the next day?  Yes.  Was it there?  No.  I think the cashier must've taken it because he seemed impressed by how excited I was.

So I bought one called Elmer T. Lee, and I'm enjoying it very much.

I do like the Maker's Mark.  I do for real.

I can even handle the Jack Daniels if there's no other option.  

antoniostrohs

Megan,you're my kind of girl,A whiskey drinkin' and smokin' musician.Maybe we can send you some Knob Creek in the mail from the bourbon capital of the world.

EC

QuoteMegan,you're my kind of girl,A whiskey drinkin' and smokin' musician.Maybe we can send you some Knob Creek in the mail from the bourbon capital of the world.
That sounds like a plan!  ;)

I could send you guys some maple syrup!   :D

sweatboard

Hey John, How about George Dickle white labe.  That's some good stuff also.
There's Still Time.........

peanut butter puddin surprise

QuoteHey John, How about George Dickle white labe.  That's some good stuff also.

hmmmmm....sounds like a new adventure in drinking as I haven't tried that!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

has anybody else noticed that many of the threads here degenerate into discussions about alcohol or other intoxicants? ;)

Quotehas anybody else noticed that many of the threads here degenerate into discussions about alcohol or other intoxicants? ;)

What do you weed all the topics are about drugs and alcohol?