Favorite Song By...........

Started by harristrensky, Feb 17, 2005, 08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harristrensky

Alright what is everyone's favorite song by The Band? Mine is "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down." The is possibly my favorite song period. They really deserve the name The Band. The voice power, the musical genius, the outrageous talent!!!
In the tie for second fav is 'Up on Cripple Creek'(I am from Lake Charles) and 'Acadian Driftwood'
I was a big old bear once.

MMJ_fanatic

harristrensky--I must say I'm very impressed with the maturity of your musical tastes for such a youngster (yea I peeked at yer profile).  anyway to the topic probably my fav album by the Band is "Rock of Ages" I know its a live album but they got some great horn players on it for the show.  If you can listen that straight through and pick out a favorite tune well what can I say.  My picks for tops there:  "Don't Do It", "King Harvest", "Across the Great Divide", "Stagefright"--see I'm already rambling. 'nuff said
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

wordawg

Unfaithful Servant
Rag Mama Rag
Ophelia

Wordawg
the future is Ginger

marktwain

Ophelia
Ain't No More Cane
Bessie Smith
Tears of Rage

marktwain

My first, and probably my favorite, album, is Before the Flood - live w/ Dylan

Jellyfish

"It makes no difference","TNTDODD","The Weight","Out of the Blue" and "Arcadian Driftwood".
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Coltrane

it MUST be "Tears of Rage." it is the perfect way to start a record and announce the true arrival of The Band!! Richard Manuel's voice is haunting....and just listen to the almost awkward drumming by Levon......turn it up real loud, with headphones, and you will never be the same again!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

whothrewthecake

oh boy. i LOVE the band.

it makes no difference
tears of rage
the weight
dixie down
i shall be released

so many more.
check out http://theband.hiof.no/ sometime. it is very detailed and wonderful.

Chills

I love When You Awake, real fun song and Lookout Cleveland!
And Whispering Pines...

Fav. album: The Band

It's all good though!