When people really know you.

Started by EC, Jan 31, 2005, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

Okay, even though I'm trying to cut down on posts, I want to share.

I work in the theatre field, and a few years back some guys called Artscape came into this huge old Distillery District, and re-did everything.  All the buildings were restored, and there was office space available to artists at a much more reasonable rate than we can normally afford.

There's no real purpose to that story except to describe that it's a very cool place.  No cars are allowed.  There are cobblestone walkways.  All the original beamwork is exposed, and you can see the grid letters and numbers, and the big rolling conveyer belt where they used to send the whisky down.  It's special.

So, I started working there about a year ago, and I like my job, but after a year you start to get attached to a place, and I've never really had a section of the office that was mine, so I kind of had to move and shuffle all the time.

This morning I came to work and the woman I work for had made me a desk.  Like, actually made it.  And got me a phone and a lamp.  And file cabinets.  And a big bulletin board.

And on the bulletin board, there was a little red paper square.  And when I looked closer, I saw that it was a miniature picture of Acoustic Citsuoca that she had downloaded and printed.  

It made me very happy.  :)

SMc55

It made me very happy.  :)

I'm not surprised. It's things like that that make the world go round. What a cool woman  8)

Why would you want to cut down on posts? I like hearing your thoughts. Sometimes they're a bit random, but they're the best ones.

peanut butter puddin surprise

YEAH!  why cut down on posts?  bring it on, we're all ears here.  

besides, it's great talking with you and hearing your thoughts.

glad to hear that, she is really cool for doing that for you.

I have a similiar story...see "why Marcy is a good friend"  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

I totally dig on you guys.  I am giving you each big old hugs right ... now!

And when my plan for touring with the band as Riny's photo assistant comes into gear, I will be at every show, and will give you real hugs in person. ;)

:)

Oz

Now that's a wicked story, EC! I hope that when I get an office one day, the cover of 'Horses' will be on the wall. :)
I'm ready when you are

MMJ_fanatic

My favorite part is you realizing your coworker posted the Acoustic Citsuoca cover image :)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

QuoteMy favorite part is you realizing your coworker posted the Acoustic Citsuoca cover image :)

(That was my favourite bit, too!)

EC

So I've had a night.  My goodness.

My dear friend, who I love tremendously, moved to a faraway place with her boyfriend a while back.  This girl was my partner in crime, so to speak, and I hardly get to see her.

So she comes into town tonight, and I give her one of my cds right away.  This is no fancy cd, it's just a compilation of a few songs that I recorded mostly live from the floor (At Dawn was included in that session) in early January.

Anyhow, we meet at a bar we used to like to go to when she still lived here, and begin our catch-up marathon.  La la la, talking, blah blah blah, and oh!  What is that?  Is that, holy shit yes, that is Golden.  I should preface this by saying that the music was fucking amazing beforehand, and I had actually asked, twice, what was playing.

So Golden starts to play, and I look at V., and she goes "Hey, it's your favourite band!  We play this song all the time.  We love My Morning Jacket."  And then this gal beside us goes, "Yeah, they're so amazing.  I just love these guys."  (We were outside smoking in the snowstorm, amongst twelve others.)  Those who knew the band agreed, and those who didn't were all "Oh my god, this is wicked.  I must have this."

Anyhow, so I go to the bathroom, when I come up, Lowdown is playing.  So the guy has heard us talking, and decides to make it an MMJ fest.  Then, suddenly, right before the big break, the music stops, and one of my fucking songs comes on.  I have a moment of panic, then of what the hell, then of confusion.  V. points at me and shouts "This is the girl who's singing!!"  And the guy played my songs.  And, well, okay, it was completely weird and bizarre.  To be in the middle of Lowdown, to stop, to be outside of my home, and to hear me.  

And then, when I was done, Lowdown started again, and then the rest of ISM after Golden.  It was the absolute CRAZIEST thing ever, and we have some new converters, that's for sure.

Just had to say.  I'm still reeling in the weirdness.

kymoose

EC, that seems like a truly wonderful night--old friends, MMJ, outdoor smokes--truly magical.  Good times...good times....

marktwain

QuoteEC is a rock goddess.

I second that!  ;)

MMJ_fanatic

Quotefeel the love... ;)
sheeeit, missed my cue:
                          spread the gospel :)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.