...And You Will Know Them by the Ass Kicking!!

Started by harristrensky, Mar 22, 2005, 09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harristrensky

...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead is by far one of the greatest bands out there.  There latest endeaver, Worlds Apart, is beyond me and I can't even start to dive into it's genius. So I am going to see them next Thursday.  Please leave your thoughts on the band and any takes on live shows. It'll be my first time seeing them. Peace
I was a big old bear once.

MMJ_fanatic

yea I've read nothing but good stuff about em.  picked their latest up and got it in heavy roatation on my player
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

wordawg

I like them, but haven't seen them live.
Report back, young Skywalker.

wordawg
the future is Ginger

Chills

Yeah, saw them live in Brussels two weeks ago. Had a real good time.
The sweat, the beer, the rock, the two drum kits, the destruction of those drums, mmmm.... nice.

If you can smuggle in a fragment of Mr Tambourine Man into a song which further lyrics consist of poetic thoughts as 'Let's have a Riot' and repeated chants of 'Kill Kill' you're cool in my book. Perfectly friendly guys too.

However I surely recommend 'Source Tags and Codes' or 'Madonna' over Worlds Apart.

peanut butter puddin surprise

...aren't they playing at Headliner's sometime soon?  :)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Drunkre

I saw them live on their Source Tags and Codes tour, at the Cow Haus in Jacksonville, FL.  They were pretty badass, but no thrashing the stage as I'd heard they do in concert.  Oh well.  Got a drumstick though.
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

harristrensky

VERY AWESOME SHOW!!! If they come to your town see them!  Yes the crowd was insane! Yes there was much thrashing! Yes it is WORTH EVERY PENNY!
I was a big old bear once.

Garth69

I saw these guys open for Queens of the Stone Age and they didn't do it for me at all. In one of the lamest, most un-rock 'n roll moments I've ever seen, they trashed their drum set near the end of the show, but only with a drum roadie knelt down next the kit, ready to put it all back together for another couple songs. Did Keith Moon ever do that? Of course not. Wow! What intense rock 'n roll attitude! These guys are way punk! Seriously? No thanks. Of course the crowd ate it up.
QOTSA blew them away before they even got onstage, with their cool 'hanging tree' silouette on the screen behind the stage. Their set only pounded that fact home. I did hear some of Trail of Dead's first album and it sounded nothing like the live show, which was a good thing.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there