Main Menu

Homebrew

Started by mmztaylor, Apr 11, 2005, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmztaylor

Okay, I bottled my batch of "Bonnabrew" today to bring this June and wanted to get a batch going of "My morning brew"...but I dont know if I am down with the name so I am looking for some inspired names for the beer. Also, any ideas on cool designs for the labels would be appreciated.  Lastly, I NEVER sell my beer but would be happy to share with any and all that enjoy a good brew if a meeting spot is settled upon somewhere at Bonnaroo.  

EC

QuoteOkay, I bottled my batch of "Bonnabrew" today to bring this June and wanted to get a batch going of "My morning brew"...but I dont know if I am down with the name so I am looking for some inspired names for the beer. Also, any ideas on cool designs for the labels would be appreciated.  Lastly, I NEVER sell my beer but would be happy to share with any and all that enjoy a good brew if a meeting spot is settled upon somewhere at Bonnaroo.  
Hm.  That's tough.  I think that bonnabrew is fucking genius, though.  And you should get a kickass picture of bull horns for the labels on those babies.

God, I can't think of any names that aren't really stupid for the MMJ Brew.  And I won't post the stupid ones because they are really, really stupid.  (Okay, I thought about My Morning Dew.  See?  Noooooooo....)

But yes, I think we should organize a meeting spot with a dodgeball court, a jam spot and a "bar".  (We can use my tent for the bar.  It's from the 80s and I just spent my entire Sunday cleaning up all the mould, so it won't really matter if we spill bonnabrew on it.)

I am gonna say bonnabrew all night, now.  My roommate is going to kill me, and you're responsible. :)

tomEisenbraun

Well, if you take song names and try and fit brew in, you come up with some cool ones:

-Old September Brew
-Just Because I Brew
-What Will I Brew?

and of course (this ones for you EC)
-Tonight I Wanna Celebrate with Brew

so yeah, I guess those are a bit lame

Or you could call it
the Run Thru Brew

Back Door Brew in honor of "Phone Went West"

Cobrew ("Cobra" + brew)

Possibly, Pier Beer (from "the Bear")

of course, Rock Bottom Brew (or Ale) works just fine.

Red Patoka Brew also has a nice ring to it

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

EC

Holy fucking hell, Eisey, those are hilarious.  Possibly the farthest thing from lame I ever saw.

Hell, you could just label each beer separately and stick 'em in a case.  They could be collector's items.

Okay.  Here's my shortlist:

Tonite I Want to Celebrate with Brew
(or TIWTCWB for short)  holy crap that's awesome

2nd choice is Cobrew.  which is also kick ass.

3rd choice is Red Patoka Brew.

:)

Howabout:

BEER REEB (in honor of Acoustic Citsuoca)

tomEisenbraun

Oh, I forgot!

Cold Cold Lightnin.

Now, if you could find a way to statically charge it, then we could be drinkin cold cold lightnin with the buzz in my hair.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

sweatboard

QuoteHowabout:

BEER REEB (in honor of Acoustic Citsuoca)

Remember in Kalifornia how Brad Pitt (Early) calls them "reeb's"...."Reeb, that's backwards for beer Bri"

Anyway..... I like Cobrew.  With A sweet Close up of a Neon Blue Cobra Face and lightning in the background for the label.
There's Still Time.........

mmztaylor

QuoteOh, I forgot!

Cold Cold Lightnin.

Now, if you could find a way to statically charge it, then we could be drinkin cold cold lightnin with the buzz in my hair.

Eureka!  That is brilliant...in honor of PBR's we can call it CCL for short!  

marktwain

Have to know what kind of beer it is to help with the name, but here's a good label: (since you aren't selling it, I don't think anyone would mind you using a pirated image)

dogandponyshow

Speaking for beer, let's hear some of your favorites.  I am not a beer drinker anymore, tequila is my drink of choice.  Try Don Julio Silver if you like tequila and stay away from the Cuervo.  Beers in the past that I liked....Lowenbrau, Rolling Rock, Steinlager, Mickey Big Mouth, Moosehead, Little Kings(came in the 8 pack), Country Club(could only buy in a liquor store they were so potent), Olympia and the classic Rainier.  The old 11 oz. stubby.

D.

peanut butter puddin surprise

man, beer names kick ass.  there's shit like "fat tire" and "santa's butt" and whatnot...so why not straight song titles/album titles like:

Steam Engine Ale
Chocolate and Ice Stout
Honest Man Amber Bock
Chills Pilsner
Easy Morning Rebel Malt Liquor
Bermuda Highway Cream Ale
Golden Brown Ale
etc...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Chills

Quoteman, beer names kick ass.  there's shit like "fat tire" and "santa's butt" and whatnot...so why not straight song titles/album titles like:

Chills Pilsner
etc...

MMM, yeah!

As for beer, can't go wrong with belgian 'Jupiler' or a tasty 'Duvel' (it's the devil if you have more than five!)

Oh yeah should try to find some of that near mythical southern bourbon... but i guess it won't be available over here... For now, i'll do with a Jameson or Chivas Regal to end a night out.

EC

I know we're in the Bonnabrew section, but we're talking about beer, so I needed to say that I was very excited to find PBR in a can on my way home from work.  I thought that perhaps I had lucked out at the ONLY store on the way to my Dad's farm last weekend, but hell no!  It's Friday.  It's still sunny.  I'm about to go sit on my deck and eat my dinner with a chilly PBR.  Lots of fun things are happening this weekend, including M Ward on Sunday.  

Huzzah!