Bonnaroo Order of Excitement

Started by EC, Mar 22, 2005, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marktwain

Quote I mean I don't want a show to be the background music while I play hacky sack, smoke a bowl, dance the same as the 180,000 people around me, and don't shower for three days.  Oh wait, I'm going to Bonnaroo.   ???

This is one reason why I avoid the big festivals.  

I've always wondered how a "scene" sprouts up around certain bands.  I've known so many people that are so turned off by a band's fans that they don't give the music a chance.  But I do like some Dave Matthews.  I'd just rather listen to him at home.

kymoose

Yeah I was in college in the mid-1990s and at that time it became really cool to wear Patagonia and The North Face and go to Phish, Widespread and Dave Matthews shows.  It was definitely the "in" thing to do.  Eventually most of us got burned out of the 17 minute jams in the middle of every tune and realized that it was probably a lot more difficult to write a great song than to jam for 17 minutes in the key of A minor.  

Anyway, I still have plenty of friends that are still into the jamband thing--not that there is anything wrong with that.  They spend their time and money going to String Cheese Incident shows.

wordawg

I still have plenty of friends that are still into the jamband thing--not that there is anything wrong with that.  

Us old Deadheads have made it a way of life.
17 minute jams - not really trying!

wordawg
the future is Ginger

wordawg

Saw Toots about 20 odd years ago.
It was a magic set! Try and catch him, if you can fit him in.

wordawg
the future is Ginger

CC

So my list goes like this:
Joanna Newsom

saw her last night and she's really amazing!
just like a little angel :)

EC

Quotesaw her last night and she's really amazing!
just like a little angel :)

Nice!!  That's awesome, I knew she was going out.  "like a little angel" - hee hee.  We play her record almost every day - I can't wait to see her!!

CC

Nice!!  That's awesome, I knew she was going out.  "like a little angel" - hee hee.  We play her record almost every day - I can't wait to see her!!

oh yeah. even with nancy sinatra playing after her, she stole the evening. not that nancy was bad or anything, she was cool. when she was shaking her sexy hips she sure as hell didn't look 65 to me! ;)

EC

Quotewhen she was shaking her sexy hips she sure as hell didn't look 65 to me!
HAHAHAHA!!  Hee hee, Riny.  

And then there's Joanna Newsom, who's like, 18, right?  ;)

CC

And then there's Joanna Newsom, who's like, 18, right?  ;)

I'm sure she's in her 20s...

peanut butter puddin surprise

isn't she the folkie from scotland who was popular in the 60's? just wondering...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

CC

Quoteisn't she the folkie from scotland who was popular in the 60's? just wondering...

joanna? no, she's pretty new on the scene.
from california and plays a gigantic guitar:

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there