Magnolia Electric Co.

Started by Coltrane, Apr 21, 2005, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltrane

Jason Molina is awesome!!!!!!!!!  

I think everyone hear would enjoy the new album, "What Comes After The Blues."

Very cool. Of course everything Molina does is cool!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

biscuitbobo

my band just played with Molina& Magnolia Electric co.  Great band  and all very,very,very nice guys.  One of those prolific songwriters  whose writing could be considered "art"  I'd advise anyone to go see those guys.  Mike Brenner is also a monster on the lap steel.  Check out The Impossible Shapes, too, also comrades of Magnolia and on Secretly Canadian records, too.
[url="//www.myspace.com/thehellsayers"]www.myspace.com/thehellsayers[/url]

lfish

Yeah Molina rocks! I just missed the gig in Belgium a few months ago.  Newer knew it was Molina who was behind Magnolia Electric.
lfish

Builtolast

I'm so glad y'all started this thread...EVRYONE needs to listen to the Songs:Ohia album "Magnolia Electirc Co."  It is by far one of the best albums I have ever owned.  You're right, Molina is amazing, Magnolia Electric Co. just came to Chicago, which is Molina's stomping grounds and my new home and I missed them!  had to hit up night 3 of 3 of the Panic, first time seeing Panic since Summer '03.  My buddy went though and said it was awesome, I hate when two killer bands are playing the same evening, especially when you haven't seen them in forever.  Oh well, I suppose that'a a good kinda "problem" to have, like two great songs on the radio at the same time, or two great shows/movies airing at the same time.  Happy Friday!
 ;D