Main Menu

Bruce!

Started by harristrensky, Feb 19, 2005, 05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harristrensky

http://pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=3823

Acoustic! Theatres! Small Venues!! Count me in!!

Who's with me!?
I was a big old bear once.

BIGVICLBI

yeah!!ok i live in nj. can you tell?

MMJ_fanatic

doesn't say if the E Street band is with him.  no band no tickie
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

antoniostrohs

From what I heard,is that he is  recording a solo acoustic album without the E Street Band.So probaby the band won't be on the road with the Boss.It'll still worth seeing if he if he plays the smaller venues and as long as ticket prices aren't through the roof.One of the best all time songwriters in music.Of course that's just my opinion.

primushead

An important question though is, "how much will tickets be?"  Small venues with big names usually bring sky high ticket prices with them.  Last year when Bob Dylan came to Asheville to play at the Orange Peel, he was charging like $70...but still, seeing Springsteen at a small venue would be very cool.

BIGVICLBI

i'm guessing bruce tix will be more than $70.00. his tix are always outrageous for small venues, maybe if he plays in some small place down south...here tix for his asbury shows are like 500.00 easy.Antoniostrohs that pbr/mmj logo rules!!!!

kymoose

That's rad that there are other Boss fans on the forum.  I'm always trying to expose folks to the early work--such as Greetings from Asbury Park and The East Street Shuffle album.  His songwriting was no less than prolific at that point.  He was like 20 years old and writting about pimps, ho's, Jimmie The Saint, The Ratt, and junkmen.  Unbelievable--when you hear that old stuff the word "genius" repeatedly comes to mind.  

Oz

Bruce rocks! But I hate rockstars asking crazy amounts of money for their gigs, when they're only going to play alone with an acoustic guitar. I mean, what does that cost? He could take the bus!
I'm ready when you are

primushead

I agree...how much money do they really need?

harristrensky

"Money should never prevent you from doing something you love to do." - HarrisTrensky
I was a big old bear once.

EC

Quote"Money should never prevent you from doing something you love to do." - HarrisTrensky
True.  Unless you really, really can't afford it.  That happens, too...

O,
QuoteHe could take the bus!
That is hilarious.  

MMJ_fanatic

I know I'm gonna offend somebody so:  IF YOU'RE SENSITIVE ABOUT BRUCE SKIP MY POST.  I think Bruce has become somewhat self indulgent lately and I miss the days when he ran with the whole band.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

EC

Looks like the boss is listening to some good tunes! (and is a fairly nice fella)

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/news_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_86_3765493,00.html

MickeyReds

i saw the boss with e street,and it was 85$.
so without it should be about 50$.
but he is playing small shows,so it could be more.
As long as you keep a straight face...