My Movie Summer

Started by harristrensky, Jul 03, 2005, 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harristrensky

So anyway since ive been home i've rediscovered my passion for film, sometimes watching up to four movies a day.  It has become my hobby for this summer:

http://harristrensky.blogspot.com/

Please take the 4 star ratings as recommendations.
I was a big old bear once.

CC

looking good!
nice to see some David Gordon Green appreciation.

peanut butter puddin surprise

the last drive in theater in the state of Kentucky is less than a mile from my house.  we'll go down to see "war of the worlds" just for a kick...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Jellyfish

Quotethe last drive in theater in the state of Kentucky is less than a mile from my house.  we'll go down to see "war of the worlds" just for a kick...

Heard good things about that movie...it was filmed in VA about 4 hours away from me.There is a story that was reported in the news here that Cruise walks into a local Dairy Queen and there is a jar at the counter taking donations for a little girl(around 12 years old)that needed money for treatment for a disease(I can't remember what was exactly wrong with her).So Cruise,without being asked,drops 50 100$ bills in the jar.I am not huge fan of his but he gained a ton of respect from me.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

harristrensky

Its not good. I really don't have many outstanding reasons about why I didn't like it but i just had an empty feeling after seeing it.  The performances were all good but it just didn't work for me. So far Lords of Dogtown is my favorite for 2005. 2004 was Imaginary Heroes, Friday Night Lights and Closer.
I was a big old bear once.