Morning In America!

Started by ms_yvon, Apr 17, 2008, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms. yvon

QuoteWhen they're on, My Morning Jacket have the power to stop time. This puts them in a rarefied category with Zack Morris from Saved by the Bell, Rufus from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Dr. Emmett L. Brown of Back to the Future (and even he needed a DeLorean, plutonium and/or well-timed lightning). Granted, this might sound a bit far-fetched, but I can assure you that it's true: I've seen them do it too many times and have heard too many stories from others to believe otherwise. On more than one occasion, I've had complete strangers turn to me and ask, "Are they always this good?" Sometimes they're even better, I usually answer.

Quotemessianic zeal.
;D ;D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

weeniebeenie

Thanks for posting. :)
How loud can silence get?

sweatboard

Yep, Hot Damn.  That was THE best article I've read on the band.  Kudos to the writer, awesome job.  I also like how he made sure he clarified "soundboard" recording when talking about the prom bootleg.  My recording sucked in comparison and I know it, in my defense they had the vocals unusually loud for those shows and it threw me off.  I really appreciate how in tune this writer is with what is going on, plus he didn't just relay the facts, he put a beautiful personal touch on it.  

Wow, I wrote that before I realized there were two more pages to read.  :o

He's serious and intellectual and smart as can be, yet he's still been able to retain that childlike imaginative quality that most of us lose somewhere along the way."

Bo nailed it.

Again, to echo everyone else here.....AWESOME ARTICLE!!!!!!
There's Still Time.........

LET_THE_FETUS_ROCK

Having been at the Fillmore New Years show myself I completely agree with his sentiments.  I still have vivid memories of many moments of this show.

the image of Jim jumping so high off the stage during the outro jam of easy morning rebel just flashes through my head sometimes otta the blue.

I'm glad i have these memories because i don't think they will ever play the puny fillmore again. So Sad but congratulations boys you made the big time.

I will be there when you die!

ChiefOKONO

Thanks for this article.. so awesome, one of my favorites really, and it brought back some amazing memories :)

eeeeViL Urges baby!!!!!!!!!

sweatboard

QuoteThanks for this article.. so awesome, one of my favorites really, and it brought back some amazing memories :)

eeeeViL Urges baby!!!!!!!!!

Ha, Jim likes to say "e" doesn't he?  Into The Woods I believe is a good example.  E!!!!

I'm starting to get some eeeVIl Urges.

ChiefOKONO

Eeeeee! is one my favorite MMJ associations ever!!! :)

sweatboard

ahhhh yes, it's veeeery nice.

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."