1. Deftones - Elite
2. Turbonegro - I Got Erection
3. afi - Dancing Through Sundays
4. Foo Fighters - Low
5. Soundgarden - Jesus Christ Pose
6. Pearl Jam - Satan´s Bed

marktwain

Just a few:

full-grown - JSBX (can't help but smile)
nata di marzo - pizzicato 5 (dance yer ass off)
where eagles dare - Misfits (screaming "I ain't no goddamn son of a bitch" always makes me feel better")
and almost all of Appetite for Destruction, esp. It's so Easy, You're Crazy, My Michelle (very misanthropic - but singing along gets it out of my system)

JacketGal

Not for You, Spin the Black Circle - Pearl Jam
Idiot Wind - Bob Dylan
Sometimes Salvation - The Black Crowes
Misunderstood - Wilco
Think, Respect - Aretha Franklin
Pretty Vacant - Sex Pistols
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

aMillionDreams

Most Likely You'll Go Your Way and I Go Mine - Bob Dylan
Song for the Dumped - Ben Folds
Bombtrack - Rage Against the Machine

I'm usually a pretty mellow guy so I don't have much blow-off-some-steam music in my collection so I make do with what I have.  Good thread :)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

dragonboy

where eagles dare - Misfits (screaming "I ain't no goddamn son of a bitch" always makes me feel better")
Love that song - love that line!

When I was a teenager it was angry songs like Pantera's Fucking Hostile. Now I listen to calmer songs like Steam Engine. The live version of that song from 2003/9/26 helps me let off steam (no pun intended!) & chills me back down to earth.
Thin Red Line OST by Hans Zimmer is another good one for me.
Great thread Patches!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

October

sweatboard

Quotepearl jam - leash

Pearl Jam - Rearview Mirror
There's Still Time.........

corey

Concerning "Rearview Mirror":
One of my good buddies used to sing that at the top of his lungs and after the last line, he would scream "I will never die!". He kept saying that the "I will never die" was from beavis and butthead, but I don't remember that. Was it something to do with Cornholio?

Hmmm... some of my "let off some steam" songs:

"Buttholeville" by DBTs
Anything by RATM, but I haven't listened to them in forever.

McGuire

All right, all right I'll ask her. Miss, miss! Do you know where the high school girls hang out around here? What? What? That's right, I'm the asshole! I'm the asshole!

October

Pearl Jam - Rearview Mirror

yes, definitely my second pick

Half

4 kicks- Kings of Leon
Brain of J- Pearl Jam
Mexicola- QOTSA
Speaking in Tongues- EoDM
Have it All- Foo Fighters
One Big Holiday- MMJ
but i done went and plum forgot it

Chills

Hey October, love your signature line. Townes is the man!

On topic

Fugazi - Waiting Room
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Homage
Nirvana - Tourette's
AC/DC - Squealer
Stooges - Loose

October

QuoteHey October, love your signature line. Townes is the man!

On topic

Fugazi - Waiting Room
And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - Homage
Nirvana - Tourette's
AC/DC - Squealer
Stooges - Loose

god yes he's amazing

EC

god yes he's amazing
Agreed.  Have you dudes seen Heartworn Highways?  And old doc about music in the early 70s?  It's really, really, really fucking awesome, and there's loads of Townes in there.  :)

Chills

Nope haven't seen it, but I'd love to!
Is Blaze Foley in that documentary too? He is an other amazing Texan musician and was a friend of Townes.

I'm listening to his "If I Could Only Fly" (which was also covered by Merle Haggard) right now, it's sooo beautiful.
John Prine covers Blaze's "Clay Pigeons" on his new cd, but I haven't heard it yet.

Ok, check it out!

EC

QuoteNope haven't seen it, but I'd love to!
Is Blaze Foley in that documentary too? He is an other amazing Texan musician and was a friend of Townes.

I'm listening to his "If I Could Only Fly" (which was also covered by Merle Haggard) right now, it's sooo beautiful.
John Prine covers Blaze's "Clay Pigeons" on his new cd, but I haven't heard it yet.

Ok, check it out!
Blaze Foley, Blaze Foley... hmmm It doesn't sound familiar, but you know, I'm not the greatest with names.  And I lent it out to a pal, so I can't check.  But check it out for sure.  Oh god it's so good.

Chills

Blaze Foley, Blaze Foley... hmmm It doesn't sound familiar, but you know, I'm not the greatest with names.  And I lent it out to a pal, so I can't check.  But check it out for sure.  Oh god it's so good.

I'm sure it's good, maybe I'll get to see it sometimes!
If you can, check out the song "If I Could Only Fly" anyway, I'm pretty sure you'd love it.

marktwain

Reading these made me think of some more:

good call on 'Sometimes Salvation, JacketGirl.  My favorite Crowes song.

Johnny Cash - Understand Your Man
and Dylan has a lot: add Don't think Twice... & Shooting Star to those already mentioned

when I just need to mellow - Bob Marley: Rastaman Chant, Time will Tell

Chills