Name/Avatar Origins

Started by primushead, Sep 28, 2005, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

My picture at present is from a trip I was on in June. :)

Where's it from? I've often wondered...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Quoteyeah, definitely yoinked the ernie ball ad for that one.

For me Eisey, regardless of what you really look like, you'll always be the guy in that picture.

I remember noticing it when I first started lurking & thinking man, that dude is rocking a mullet!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jennifer

I was given the name Jennifer at birth. I'll most likely die with this name. Unless, of course, I become a transexual and legally change my name to Ray N. Carnation.

My avatar is Can's album cover for Ege Bamyasi.

dragonboy

QuoteTo be honest, I want to change the name...but, what the hell.

What would you change it to? How's about radiohead?  ;)

EC

Where's it from? I've often wondered...
Well, I think it's from the Smokey mountains when we took the Blue Ridge Parkway, and had to stop at EVERY single stop place to look at the scenery.  Now, I believe this is somewhere close to Grandfather mountain.

But it could also be close to the KOA we stayed in on a twilight drive.

But I'm pretty sure my first answer is correct. :)

It was a beautiful, albeit scary (Jen driving + misty roads = terror) drive.  

MMJ_fanatic

self explanatory.  'nuff said!  Excelsior!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

fitzcarraldo

"More Cowbell" olwiggum, and ratspayer I finally got it, know where to seperate the letters. and Ever Classic and Primushead & everyone here...good thread!

marktwain

Tundra is just an old nickname, from when I was a kid.  It sounds like my last name, kind of.

My avatar is Zoot, the sax player for the Electric Mayhem.  I used to think he was the epitome of cool, back when the Muppets were on. (Not that I consider myself the epitome of cool.)

But I change the pic pretty often, I think.

primushead

That's so funny - I really did think you were a big Primus fan!

Don't get me wrong.  I am a big primus fan.  I've got all of their albums and I've seen them 3 times...but I just thought the name sounded kind of cool. :)

primushead

What would you change it to? How's about radiohead?  ;)

Radiohead...like the Talking Heads song, right? :)  That's just crazy enough to work!

tomEisenbraun

wait, so what is it now, Tundra?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

marktwain

That's Hurley, a character from 'Lost.'

He's almost as cool as Zoot.

primushead

He was the drug dealer on a 'curb your enthusiasm'.  I think he was also on Becker.

marktwain

I was a drug dealer on Curb Your Enthusiasm

primushead

QuoteI was a drug dealer on Curb Your Enthusiasm

Lol, that fucking rocks! [smiley=guitar.gif]

sideroad32

I just put the U2 avatar on in preparation for seeing them in atlanta (sorry ya'll, u2 is my true guilty pleasure).

Don't feel guilty you are not alone.  I saw U2 on the 12th in Toronto.  It was amazing.

My name is from my business, Sideroad 32 Productions.   I usually just use sideroad but it was taken mysteriously...

My Avatar is a Hammond B3.  Why? I don't know. just thought it looked cool.

primushead

Don't feel guilty you are not alone.  I saw U2 on the 12th in Toronto.  It was amazing.

Lucky...how were the lights?  Good set?  Favorite song from the evening.  I must know!

sideroad32

Lucky...how were the lights?  Good set?  Favorite song from the evening.  I must know!

The lights were incredible, they get more ambitious with every tour.  The set was very solid, and they even did a bit of a rehash of the ZooTV tour so that was very cool (I love Achtung Baby) playing a couple songs in a row in that style.  They played for almost 2 1/2 hours.  Its was fantastic.  I always love Bullit the Blue Sky and Edge did a killer solo in it so I'd have to go with that for a favourite song but its very hard to pick with U2.
Hope you have as good a time in Atlanta.

primushead

The lights were incredible, they get more ambitious with every tour.  The set was very solid, and they even did a bit of a rehash of the ZooTV tour so that was very cool (I love Achtung Baby) playing a couple songs in a row in that style.  They played for almost 2 1/2 hours.  Its was fantastic.  I always love Bullit the Blue Sky and Edge did a killer solo in it so I'd have to go with that for a favourite song but its very hard to pick with U2.
Hope you have as good a time in Atlanta.

Nice.  I'm a big fan of AB too.  If they did zoo station, that'd be sweet.  Glad you had a good time, and thanks for the review.  Only 47 more days! Woo!

sideroad32

They Played ZooStation in TO so keep em crossed.