Main Menu

the South

Started by LennytheTent, Sep 28, 2005, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

QuoteProps to our Northern friends.  Seems like all you guys do is make music and play hockey!
We also enjoy drinking beer and frying up back bacon (aka Canadian bacon) and going on canoe trips and wearing lumberjack jackets.  We eat real cheese, and according to Michael Moore, we don't need to lock our doors. :)

TheLink

oh, so that is the Canadian way.  thanks for the clarification. ;)  i forgot.  "America, fuck yea!"  not much different here in Mass.  We watch a lot of Magnum here and we where Hawaii shirts in 5 year cycles.  

Lenny, are u back.  Sorry to yell on the other thread. ;D

darkglow

drunkre.. are you going to the nashville show? if so you got a drinking buddy in me.. it will be like the good ol days of yor

dragonboy

next time go for The Heartbreak Hotel and ask for The Burning Love Suite.
it's kinda cheesy but you'll love it anyway ;)

I stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel for my last night in Memphis & loved it! I had a suite but it wasn't as cool as that one.
Close to Graceland, all the guests are fans of the king, 24hr Elvis movies & no crackheads!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

darkglow

Whuuut?!

You be goddamn careful, darkglow.  Do NOT allow them to ship you anywhere.  

:-/

don't give the :-/ face to me. i'm really looking forward to this. i get to travel the world and meet people from all walks of life.. and get paid to do it.. not to mention get to finish up my degree for free.. i've always had it in my mind that i wanted to get out and see EVERYTHING and experience everything before i settle down, otherwise the thought of possibly settling for short would always linger in the back of my head. i think there's alot that can be learned from the things that are ahead of me. also, in the USN --

a) there's not near as many fuckbags who are just trying to stay out of trouble or running away from reality or whatever.. most of the people i have met who are going to or already are in the navy are really personable people and this is mostly because of the Navy's recruiting standards, and

b) if in fact i were to get "shipped off", the possibilities of me having to stand in a desert or any enemy territory with a gun in my hand are about as slim as lindsey lohan.. i'd be out on a boat and in an air conditioned work environment miles and miles into the ocean.

i got a really cool job according to some of the people i've found on myspace with the same job. and i'm thinking of getting my ABC to bartend at some point during to make a little bit of extra money to put away

i cant believe it's getting so close.. i'm really looking forward to it

EC

Hoookay, well that's awesome, then.  :)  

(I totally didn't mean to be a granny, you know, it's just that I like you and don't want anything bad to happen to you.)

darkglow

i know.. and thank you for that

sideroad32

i live in southern ontario... does that count?

TheLink

darkglow, the Canadians don't have any forces, so they don't have a clue about that stuff.  it sin't their fault.  But they do make good music, send us funny comedians, and play some good hockey.  oh, and they don't need to lock their doors either.  Man, i wish i could go there, but like us, they have a justice system.  so, i guess they at least try and keep their own country safe. ;)

no offense Candians, we love ya. ;D

EC

Quotedarkglow, the Canadians don't have any forces, so they don't have a clue about that stuff.  it sin't their fault.  But they do make good music, send us funny comedians, and play some good hockey.  oh, and they don't need to lock their doors either.  Man, i wish i could go there, but like us, they have a justice system.  so, i guess they at least try and keep their own country safe. ;)

no offense Candians, we love ya. ;D
And we love you, too. :)

ratsprayer

my family is from NE tennessee, but i was wondering what people consider the south?  i knew a guy from south carolina that tried to convince me tennessee wasnt a part of the true south.  florida is right down there as south as can be, but it  doesnt seem to fit in, either.  wot do y'all think?   ;D

Drunkre

Last time I checked, anything below the Mason Dixon line was "South."  Tennessee is most definitely South.  During the Civil War, it and Mississippi were probably the two main sites of the Western campaigns.  Which reminds me, I live in Birmingham now, so I'm not so far from Shiloh.  Think I'll go there next April.  Anyone been?

Back to the main subject though.  The only "southern" states that I think are arguable are probably West Virginia (established because the mountain dwellers of Virginia didn't want to secede), and Kentucky.  
it's a voice. and it's a choice
to call you out. or stay at home

marktwain

Kentucky is a mix.  Some parts of Western KY can be very mid-western.  Some parts of Northern KY are basically a Cincinnati suburb.  And if someone were going to visit a typical southern city, I'd send them to Atlanta or Nashville, not Louisville.

But much of Kentucky is WAY southern.

DD

kentucky really isnt part of the "south".  just some of its redneck citizens like to think it is.  the south kinda sucks, and is kinda awesome all at the same time.  there is great history and a lot of really nice people but at the same time its hot as fuck, its boring, and there are a lot of fucking racist homophobic assholes.

i grew up in southern arkansas an loved it.  lots of reptiles, amphibians, and other such creatures to catch along with a lot of cool forests and fun places to do recreational stuff like lakes, rivers, etc.  i wouldnt want to live anywhere south of louisville though unless it was west of texas.  really its just up to a persons personal preference but for me the louisville area is the ONLY place i would live in the midwest.  other than that i choose the west.
[url="//www.myspace.com/rednails"]www.myspace.com/rednails[/url]

www.garageband.com/artist/rednails

marktwain

Quotekentucky really isnt part of the "south".  just some of its redneck citizens like to think it is.

My man, have you lived anywhere in Ky other than Louisville?!

marktwain

oops, I posted twice. :-[

primushead

QuoteLast time I checked, anything below the Mason Dixon line was "South."  Tennessee is most definitely South.  During the Civil War, it and Mississippi were probably the two main sites of the Western campaigns.    

I went to Shiloh last year.  It was incredible (but I'm a history buff so I'm way into all of that stuff).  

Half

Zaxby's is in the SOUTH
but i done went and plum forgot it

Angry Ewok

Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

ps. Roll Tide
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

corey

Catch of the century, bitches! Recognize!

Too bad we won't have him back until next year. He had a helluva game against Florida too.
:(