What Movie Did You Just See?

Started by wellfleet, Dec 21, 2005, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Oasis: Supersonic.  It makes you appreciate how great they were and what type of characters they are. It's a documentary the Gallagher's produced so it may be "sanitized," but it does allude to their fights, problems, drugs, etch but it doesn't dig deep into that type the drama.  It does show how amazing they were.  I forgot how huge they were especially in England.  I never loved them in the 90s like some other British bands (I was more intoRadiohead, The Verve), but I realize I was wrong..... those first two albums had a crazy number of amazing songs.  And what attitudes those guys had in interviews and on stage. So cocky so good. They pulled it off saying they were the best and backing it up.

sillyboob

Quote from: APR on Oct 05, 2019, 10:05 AMOasis: Supersonic.  It makes you appreciate how great they were and what type of characters they are. It's a documentary the Gallagher's produced so it may be "sanitized," but it does allude to their fights, problems, drugs, etch but it doesn't dig deep into that type the drama.  It does show how amazing they were.  I forgot how huge they were especially in England.  I never loved them in the 90s like some other British bands (I was more into Radiohead, The Verve), but I realize I was wrong..... those first two albums had a crazy number of amazing songs.  And what attitudes those guys had in interviews and on stage. So cocky so good. They pulled it off saying they were the best and backing it up.

The other thing to mention when talking about Oasis's first two albums were the b-sides to the singles.  Some of those songs are are right up there among the best Oasis tracks.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

dookie shoot bandit

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Jackets N Pones

Peanut Butter Falcon is a fabulous film

Randomly watched Talented Mr. Ripley for the first time, decent

Speaking of Jude Law, The Holiday is a good rom com for the holidays for couples movie night

Can't wait to go see Uncut Gems starring the Sandman

Speaking on the Sandman, Disney's Bedtime Stories is a great kids movie for the holidays for babysitting
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

parkervb

Ford vs Ferrari was really good.

Gonna try to see Uncut Gems and Star Wars over the holidays.

sillyboob

Saw the Gorillaz documentary Reject False Icons last night.  To say that Damon Albarn was born to play music I think is an understatement after seeing this documentary.  Good stuff - I recommend it.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

parkervb

Quote from: sillyboob on Dec 17, 2019, 04:49 PMSaw the Gorillaz documentary Reject False Icons last night.  To say that Damon Albarn was born to play music I think is an understatement after seeing this documentary.  Good stuff - I recommend it.

my wife will like this, will look for it when it streams

MMJ_fanatic

Just watched 2 different documentaries:

1)  "Woodstock:  3 days that defined a generation" really good behind the scenes stuff in this I really liked hearing about how when the festival ran out of food the people in town rallied and basically emptied their pantries to feed the kids at Yasgur's farm.

2) "Long Time Running" great documentary about the final tour of The Tragically Hip one of my other favorite bands--great story of this man, Gord Downie, overcoming a horrific health blow and completing this tour
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

LBSUNFLWR

I watched Parasite last night. It was great. I see why it won best picture.
I'm not always in the mood for subtitles but it was well worth it.

I think my favorite movie from last year was Waves. I didn't see it get much attention or recognition but I really loved it.

Jackets N Pones

Jackets N Pones

parkervb

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Feb 18, 2020, 05:50 PMAlso Honey Boy is good

would like to check this out, thanks for reminding me about it

LBSUNFLWR

I really liked Honey Boy too.

APR

I never heard of Honey Boy.

Parasite is great.  1917 is also great.... incredible movie making.

Jackets N Pones

Damon, Bale, Balfe and Bernthal are really good in Ford vs. Ferrari. Wish I would have seen it in the theater. Cool movie

parkervb

let me add to the talk about Parasite being awesome.

Jackets N Pones

On HBO rn
Big - 3.5 Stars
What About Bob? - 3 Stars
Working Girl - 3 Stars
Mr. and Mrs. Smith - 2.5 Stars
Match Point - 1.5 Stars

Prob gonna watch Joe Dirt tonight

Jackets N Pones

Catch Me If You Can - 4 stars

parkervb

smh at that low What About Bob? score ;)

gonna watch Palm Springs tomorrow night, heard good things.