Role Models on HBO GO right now...so dang funny
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Jun 14, 2018, 12:00 AM
Role Models on HBO GO right now...so dang funny

Also gotta support fellow Jacketeer Christopher Mintz-Plasee

APR

Three Identical Strangers.  I'm a big documentary fan, and this one is really good and worth seeing.  A great movie that you can dig into with a variety of discussion topics afterwards is always cool.  Try not to be too informed about the story before you go as not to learn of any spoilers.

jttouch2

Just saw the new Halloween sequel. It's better than the other sequels that have been made and definitely worth a watch if you enjoyed the original/like slasher films.

sillyboob

Saw the new A Star Is Born last weekend with the wife, we both enjoyed it a lot.  Great musical performances, Bradley Cooper's backing band is Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: jttouch2 on Oct 19, 2018, 01:33 AM
Just saw the new Halloween sequel. It's better than the other sequels that have been made and definitely worth a watch if you enjoyed the original/like slasher films.

I saw this last night and LOVED it! I really enjoyed David Gordon Green's work on Red Oaks and Vice Principals so I had to give this a shot. It was an absolute blast. Original Halloween theme song is always gold and the new score was fantastic as well, especially this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yAZprPJWA8

APR

RBG - Ruth Bader Ginsburg -- great documentary.

Free Solo - insane documentary.  Check out the trailer.  The skill, ability, and mind of Alex Honnold is really incredible.  The movie really makes you think about what's important in life.  Amazing scenery and views, and it's sometimes too intense/scary to watch.

LBSUNFLWR

Saw Green Book last night and it was excellent. Highly recommend!

parkervb

did anyone see The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (it's on Netflix)? I thought it was great. Dark and funny like much of their best work, Tom Waits is supreme, great shots of the American West, modern commentary.
Don't you ever turn it off

sillyboob

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 28, 2018, 09:09 AM
did anyone see The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (it's on Netflix)? I thought it was great. Dark and funny like much of their best work, Tom Waits is supreme, great shots of the American West, modern commentary.

Yup - saw it, dug it.  A great collection of short films, Tom Waits is great in it.  Visually, it shows what a canvas the travel west was.  Definitely recommend it.

jttouch2

Does this new Black Mirror thing count as TV or a movie? either way, it is quackin' awesome. i havent gotten a lot of the possibilities but im excited to see the rest of them.

sillyboob

Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 28, 2018, 11:58 AM
Does this new Black Mirror thing count as TV or a movie? either way, it is quackin' awesome. i havent gotten a lot of the possibilities but im excited to see the rest of them.

I'm checking out this Black Mirror thing as soon as I can.  Very curious about it.  The past Black Mirror episodes have not disappointed in the least.  The creepy vision of the future it projects is something to see.

jttouch2

Quote from: sillyboob on Dec 28, 2018, 02:53 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 28, 2018, 11:58 AM

I'm checking out this Black Mirror thing as soon as I can.  Very curious about it.  The past Black Mirror episodes have not disappointed in the least.  The creepy vision of the future it projects is something to see.

The storyline in this one isn't as awesome as the peak black mirror stuff but the execution of the whole "choose your own adventure" thing is pretty top notch. also its pretty meta which is something I always love.

Jackets N Pones

Shot Caller starring Ser Jaime Lannister is pretty cool prison story if you liked The Night of or Brawl in cell block 99.

jttouch2

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was pretty great.

APR

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jul 27, 2019, 12:01 AMOnce Upon a Time in Hollywood was pretty great.

I saw it last night and wasn't really a fan.  Not as great as I expected it to be.  I would temper my exceptions if you haven't seen it yet and plan to.

MMJ_fanatic

"What The Health?" on Netflix--depressing documentary on the shitstorm (literal) that large scale meat animal farming has become, its effects on the population around it and the overall unhealthiness of pretty much all of the finished products due to the way the creatures are raised, fed, medicated, etc.  Also disturbing look into the supposed "health" associations like the American Diabetes Association, American Heart Association, and American Cancer Society and their reluctance to back away from promoting these unhealthy foods.  Guess its time to look a little deeper at my diet again  :rolleyes:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Lonndown27

Quote from: APR on Jul 28, 2019, 04:35 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Jul 27, 2019, 12:01 AMOnce Upon a Time in Hollywood was pretty great.

I saw it last night and wasn't really a fan.  Not as great as I expected it to be.  I would temper my exceptions if you haven't seen it yet and plan to.

as a massive Tarantino fan and having seen it on August 9th the 50th anniversary, I was disgused by the film. What a bore and I'm not one of those people that thinks anything that requires thought in a movie theater as being boring. This was just awful from Tarantino. It had its moments but wow...what a shitty, lazy ending.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ZMan

I loved it too. Pitt and Leo were great!

dookie shoot bandit

Between Two Ferns: The Movie !!!!!!!!!!!