What Movie Did You Just See?

Started by wellfleet, Dec 21, 2005, 12:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Oasis: Supersonic.  It makes you appreciate how great they were and what type of characters they are. It's a documentary the Gallagher's produced so it may be "sanitized," but it does allude to their fights, problems, drugs, etch but it doesn't dig deep into that type the drama.  It does show how amazing they were.  I forgot how huge they were especially in England.  I never loved them in the 90s like some other British bands (I was more intoRadiohead, The Verve), but I realize I was wrong..... those first two albums had a crazy number of amazing songs.  And what attitudes those guys had in interviews and on stage. So cocky so good. They pulled it off saying they were the best and backing it up.

sillyboob

Quote from: APR on Oct 05, 2019, 10:05 amOasis: Supersonic.  It makes you appreciate how great they were and what type of characters they are. It's a documentary the Gallagher's produced so it may be "sanitized," but it does allude to their fights, problems, drugs, etch but it doesn't dig deep into that type the drama.  It does show how amazing they were.  I forgot how huge they were especially in England.  I never loved them in the 90s like some other British bands (I was more into Radiohead, The Verve), but I realize I was wrong..... those first two albums had a crazy number of amazing songs.  And what attitudes those guys had in interviews and on stage. So cocky so good. They pulled it off saying they were the best and backing it up.

The other thing to mention when talking about Oasis's first two albums were the b-sides to the singles.  Some of those songs are are right up there among the best Oasis tracks.
2012: 8/3   2015: 1/31 2/1 2/3 8/14   2017: 2/4 2/5 2/7 7/7   2018: 3/2 3/3 3/5   2019: 8/9  8/10

dookie shoot bandit

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off