Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

My current joys:

My wife and boy.

The fact that my boy is learning to play guitar. (He's 6!)

My fluffy dog.

My band. We're totally cheesy.

The Flying V that I just ordered. (According to the UPS tracker, it is in Nashville. So hopefully it will be here tomorrow).

tomEisenbraun

my job.

playing soccer and football outside with a bunch of kids and getting dirty sweaty and loving every minute of it. and getting paid for it, on top of that.

the fact that John Prine's and Ben Folds' kids attend this school that i work at, and will be in the afterschool program. I will be working with famous peoples' kids. How weird is that?

How in the hell did I score this job? This is pure resume beef and I thought I just sumbled on a decent paying after-school job. Not one of the most elite in Nashville, by any means.

Frickin weird.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

corey

Ha. Very cool, Tom. Maybe you can teach them guitar too.  :)

ali

i thought ben folds lives in adelaide? (his wife is australian)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

tomEisenbraun

nope. lives right down the street from me here in nashville, TN. my friends have seen him at starbucks or while they were out jogging. he's got a for sale sign up at his house, though...
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

MMJ_fanatic

I'm actually more excited for you over having the chance to run into John Prine
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

oh yaeh I forgot to mention my silly Shar Pei, Baby, who rolls over almost every time you touch him for a belly rub and Sable the German Shep mix who sleeps upside down and Teddy my personal snuffleupagus (all canines in case I wasn't crystal clear  ;))
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

FarmerYoda

I got my school scheeeeeeeedule!!!

i got free F! and photography! and steve for chemistry! and mr. curnen for spanish!

of course this means nothing to anyone, but let's celebrate!

SMc55

QuoteI got my school scheeeeeeeedule!!!

i got free F! and photography! and steve for chemistry! and mr. curnen for spanish!

of course this means nothing to anyone, but let's celebrate!
Hoorayyy!!

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteThe fresh watermelon & cinnamon shake that I just made, lovely!

how do you make that? That sounds strangely good.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

dragonboy

Quotehow do you make that? That sounds strangely good.
Real simple - crushed ice, watermelon, clear honey, a dash of cinnamon & away you go.
It's summer-tastic!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EAZYE

this forum board.

people who start great topics like this.

beer, and other things that give you a head change.

the fact that fall and the football season are around the corner.

my english bulldog.

copious amounts of red wine. ;D

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

SMc55

It's summer-tastic!
Ha ha. Shades of Tony Blackburn there  :D

dragonboy

Ha ha. Shades of Tony Blackburn there  :D
Who dat?!! Never heard of him...

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

FarmerYoda

i just saw fucking black dice in the basement of MIT.

it was the fucking illist shit i've ever seen.  it was like animal collective live, just weirder and more amazing.

whoa.

Easy Morning Rebel

I just ordered my ticket to see Ryan Adams & the Cardinals w/ support by Neal Casal in Copenhagen the 10th of October. In three or five days the ticket will arrive and I'll have it in my hand. I'm so, so excited and can't fucking wait! ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

SMc55

Who dat?!! Never heard of him...

An early beeb disc jockey. He used to say things like 'summer-tastic' and talk about things he was doing for 'charidee'. On independent radio now. Harry Enfield did a running sketch based on him.

dragonboy

QuoteAn early beeb disc jockey. He used to say things like 'summer-tastic' and talk about things he was doing for 'charidee'. On independent radio now. Harry Enfield did a running sketch based on him.
Haha, I was kidding, I know who he is.
I used to love Steve Wright in the afternoon & the king of the airwaves, Mr. Terry Wogan! I still tune in on the internet & listen to Wogan sometimes  :)

SMc55

I thought you would have, but couldn't be sure because you're a lot younger than me.

Speaking of Steve Wright, have you heard Ask Elvis? It is just hilarious and that rare thing, a truly original idea. I know you can hear it on bbc.co.uk so give it a try if you haven't already.

dragonboy

33 this year Doc, there's nothing young about me any more!
Is Ask Elvis part of the Steve Wright show? Cheers for the heads up, I'll def tune in  :)