Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMc55

Yeah, it's an occasional feature. An Elvis impersonator (a really good one) takes and answers listeners' questions. They can be about anything - DIY, relationships, travelling directions, anything, but the cool thing is the guy does the research and answers them in a completely dead-pan way, as Elvis!

You've got to listen. It'll crack you up. Try the link on the radio 2 website.

dragonboy

Cheers Doc, you're a star!  ;D
Here's a link if anyone else is interested:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/wright/elvis.shtml

Hilarious!!!  ;D ;D ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Elvis sings the Muppet Show theme!!!  ;D ;D ;D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

SMc55

When he said "I hate you Butler" I could have died laughing.

BH

Just got back to work from lunch and a trip to the used CD store.

I  came out of there with the new Neko Case, a Neil Young disc and a Ryan Adams disc all for the grand total of $20.12 including tax. ;D

My work drive to KC tommorow just improved 10 fold.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Meddle

I just left the music store, and they usually charge 9.99 for new releases, but all WSP cds were on sale. Bought Space Wrangle (2nd copy) and Widespread Panic for $20... not as good as you Bermuda though.
...And Some Are Angels...

ycartrob

QuoteJust got back to work from lunch and a trip to the used CD store.

I  came out of there with the new Neko Case, a Neil Young disc and a Ryan Adams disc all for the grand total of $20.12 including tax. ;D

I love used CD gold!

Easy Morning Rebel

Knowing that I'm going to see Ryan Adams & the Cardinals twice during one week in october. ;D
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/"]http://www.last.fm/user/SoAlive/[/url]

Even cowgirls get the blues

ali

:D :D :D  FIRST DAY OF SPRING  :D :D :D
its sunny & warm outside today, the first official tshirt day of the season! summer is definitely on its way!

8)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

megisnotreal

Carnivale Season 2 on DVD

My starting a new semester and not loathing all my classes

The fact that it will be September in thirty minutes

My getting a promotion

Blue Bell Banana Pudding Ice Cream

BH

3 Day Weekends! ;D

The size of the chill I got this morning listening to IT BEATS 4U from Bonnaroo 06 on the way to work.

Megan's promotion!  That always feels good, huh? :)

The fact that Current Joys is catching up with Current Complaints on number of posts!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

Quote:D :D :D  FIRST DAY OF SPRING  :D :D :D
its sunny & warm outside today, the first official tshirt day of the season! summer is definitely on its way!

Fall is coming! It wasn't 180 billion degrees in Nashville today! (with the humidity around 600%). Looking forward to my leather jacket and the first bite of fall! Summer is on it's way out!

ali

(proper) italian vanilla slice & a coffee ....hmmmm
love a song for the way it makes you feel

FarmerYoda

school starts in a week :)

BH

Quoteschool starts in a week :)

awesome :)

Angry Ewok

Current joys... Kristin, My Morning Jacket, Ol Dirty Bastard's Return to the 36 Chambers, re-runs of the Twilight Zone, Mountain Dew.

8)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

my post count.

just capped 2000. and climbing.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Tree

I won yesterday night about 30€. I love poker. Now I have money to buy a shirt at the Mogwai gig!  :)

tomEisenbraun

my best friend just asked out this wonderful girl he's been amazing friends with, and they're now dating. frickin A. it's gonna be awesome.

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

MMJ_fanatic

PC based games--they're so immersive, especially if you sit in a completely dark room while playing.  I love it (course it make time go by at an unbelievable rate...)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.