The Old Tab Thread

Started by New Fan, Oct 10, 2002, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfish

haai,

I submitted Picture of you on powertabs.net.  Hope you like it.

lfish
lfish

POO

ok, i know iz a pretty easy sounding song, but I really suck at picking up chords by listening to the song....can anybody help me with the tab for "hopefully"?

Thank you mmj, iz beauuuuteeeful!

yeppers

Can anybody help with "strangulation" ??  Sounds like it starts on a G#  and works up to maybe a C# but I know thats just not quite right...are they tuned weirdly? or playing high on the neck or something?

bad bad leroy brown

Put your capo on the first fret for strangulation...

G
strangulation

C                                                                                            G
I don't wanna feel a thing

C                                                                                                                        Em
When your hands close tight around my neck

D  
force the air that I breathe...

C
I don't want to feel a thing

G
I don't want to feel a thing.

Then G  C  Am through the next part...

It repeats pretty closely for the next verse...  And the intro and outro obviously works poorly on a single acoustic guitar, but you can just bang on Em if you want to.

I know it's nowhere near the studio cut, but it is a similar facsimile thereof.

lfish

Yo, yo, yo

For the moment I'm working on a tabbed-out version of Strangulation and I have to admit, it sounds great, but I think it will take a while to finish it because exams are coming my way  :-X  . I'm also tabbing "I will be there when I die" for the fans amongst us.  The release date of this songs is been expected within a few months. All will be posted on powertabs.net, so check it out.

greetz
lfish
lfish

Oz

I often visit this topic and see all those tabs and I really want to play them and I wanna tab out things myself, but when I play guitar, I always play my own songs for hours, and I just never get to MMJ-songs. But still, y´all keep up the good work, and maybe I´ll get to it someday.
I'm ready when you are

thelastbastard

Quoteok Here are the chords for the way that he sings, just to help you out, so no solo's are included.

Intro: Bb/E: x1333x
      Fadd11/E:x1321x
verse: Eb/E: x6888x (play four measures)
      Bb:    688766 (play four measures)
Chorus: Dmadd9/E; x5776x (play two measures)
       Cm/G:x35543 (play six measures)
       F   : 133211 (play four measures)
       Cm/G:x35543 (play two measures)
       F :  133211 (play two measures)

Go back to intro.
Play verse again
chorus
verse
outro: You play the chords of the intro and the second guitar just repeats this lick all the time:
--6-6-6-4-4-3-3-3
--7-7-7-3-3-3-3-3

Enjoy your show!

PS Possible solution:  Did you download the software(the powertabeditor) to read the files?

TRY PLAYING THIS SAME SONG WITH A CAPO ON THE FIRST FRET, and TRANSCRIBE YOURSELF OUT OF ALL THOSE HARD ASS FINGERINGS...

THERE"S A REASON GOD MADE THE CAPO...

GOOD WORK STILL...

THANK YOU...

AND THANK YOU FOR INTRODUCING ME TO POWERTAB..

I LOOK FORWARD TO HOOKING EVERYBODY UP WITH MY OWN TRANSCRIPTIONS

_GEne
Gene Offcourse
The Last Bastards
MMJ RULES SON
Gangs and Government are no different..it makes me one percent..

lfish

Thx for the tip man, but I don't have a capo, so I all have to tab it without it. And yes I know the fingersetting isn't that easy, but it's good for the fingers.  They become more flexible and it allows you to take more difficult fingersettings in the future. But considering the advantages of a capo, I think I'll buy one in the future.
lfish

BeatTheDiese

here is hopefully

intro:
e:----9---3~--
B:---7-7--3~--
G:--7---7-0~--
D:-0----------

verse:
G D, G D, G D, A D,

chorus:
G, F#m, G, A, D

listen for the rythym. it's not too complicated.
- Adam

marktwain

oNE BIG HOLidAy
For strummin'.  I haven't mastered the pickin'.
(I got the lyrics from an earlier post by Boss Hog)

Cwakin up feelin Fgood and limber
Emwhen the telephone it Dmrings
Cit was a fat man from FCalifornia
Emtellin of a stormy Dmdream

Fin the Gbetter Amdays
when this FtownG we'd Amescape
all Faloud G- make a Amwave
we'd all Flive Gone big holiAmday

Cso we left summoned Fup the river
Emand record in all thoseDm towns
Cwas some shakin and some Frecord playin
Emall the leather kids were Dmloud

mike

Hi guys, I pretty much know all MMJ songs on guitar if you have a particular song you wanna know just email me (mike_nix@beer.com). -Mike (www.mp3.com/the_axis_band.com)

Hipster_Doofus

I figured out mahgetta a while ago, just the solo so far but i can put the rest up in a few days..

marktwain

I've been doing a whole lot of sitting around and playing along with the new album, and I'll post what I've figured out when I have time.  Let me know if you've got requests. :)

lfish

Gee,
thx guys for keeping up the good work. Long time since I visited this thread.  It makes me reach for the guitar again.
lfish

lfish

Hey, I was wondering, as you guys have so many tabs worked out, isn't it possible to put them into powertabfiles. It's much better then just the chords. I've put already some tabs on powertabs.net but for the moment, I don't have much time myself to work it all out. But I will be glad to help working it out if help is needed.
lfish

joyopposite

That other guy had the verse and chorus chords correct for "One Big Holiday", the song they played on Conan.  Heres some intro stuff I figured out.

------8------8------8------8|------10-----10------10------10|------12---------
-8h10---8h10---8h10---8h10--|-8h10---8h10----8h10----8h10---|-8h10------------
----------------------------|-------------------------------|-----------------
                                                                      x4      

--------5-5------------77-----------------------------------------------------
---5b6------6r5----7b8----8r7---8b10-10-10------------------------------------
----------------7-------------9------------7-9-9-9-9--9p7---------------------
----------------------------------------------------------10p7----------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

joyopposite

Ooops chords underneath lead and for intro are F, G, Am

ben grimm

have a look at altcountrytab.com theres a couple of mmj tabs on there and plenty of other stuff too, I use it quite a lot.

mymorning-username

i figured out the tabs for how to play death is the easy way, hopefully, just because i do and picture of you, i kinda got run thru done aswell, just in case anyone is interested

mymorning-username

does anyone have the tabs for i will sing you songs or golden? please someone must have these theyre such good songs