Who is the biggest ASSHOLE in rock??

Started by CTdeadhead, Feb 10, 2011, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTdeadhead

This prompted an interesting discussion the other day, so I thought it might be interesting to try it here.   

My vote for the biggest asshole in rock goes to..........AXL ROSE!!

Opinions?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

hmm asshole is harder than douchebag.  Ringo Starr is an asshole for sure.   Worst beatle ever.  Lars Ulrich?  John Mayer isn't a rock star he's a pussy - otherwise he'd be top of the list for me. 

Ruckus

Axl was absolutely the 1st person that came to mind.
Also that guy named Oasis and all the Misfits from Jem
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

walterfredo

also, on any given night...Isaac Brock from Modest Mouse or Jeff Tweedy can both be pretty big assholes, especially the former. 

Crispy

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 10, 2011, 06:28 PM
hmm asshole is harder than douchebag.  Ringo Starr is an asshole for sure.   Worst beatle ever.  Lars Ulrich?  John Mayer isn't a rock star he's a pussy - otherwise he'd be top of the list for me.
Ringo's an asshole? I never got that idea, and everything I've seen makes John Lennon seem like the asshole of the bunch, regardless of his well-deserved god status.

Roger Waters was a pretty big asshole, not sure if he still is.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Cheetara

~The only thing you ever have to truly know in life is Yourself~

johnnYYac

Not sure about now, but at my very first concert, Aerosmith in 1983, Steven Tyler was a drunk, snarling 10 ton asshole, spitting on the folks in the front rows, just a dick.

David Lee Roth always seemed to exhibit the qualities of the anus.

Ted Nugent?

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

lucylew

I would have said Axel until I saw the pic of Ted.

wolof7

Johnny Rotten and prob the rest of his band for me...It's crazy people looked up to them at one point...buncha talentless assholes
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

wolof7

or how bout these guys:

Prob not qualified to be considered assholes of rock, but we can definitely label them assholes in life.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 10, 2011, 07:40 PM
Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 10, 2011, 06:28 PM
Ringo's an asshole? I never got that idea, and everything I've seen makes John Lennon seem like the asshole of the bunch, regardless of his well-deserved god status.

Roger Waters was a pretty big asshole, not sure if he still is.

Ringo's a dbag for sure.  a few years ago he was on howard stern and stern asked him a question about the beatles and Ringo was all "I don't want to talk about the beatles blah blah blah I've got a new record blah blah blah".  it's like "wtf dude? you're the only beatle whose solo work hasn't made it into the rock n roll hall of fame...".  barely remember it, maybe he's a nice dude, who knows.  all I know is if I ever ask that bitch a question about the beatles he better fucking answer it or I'm going to punch him in the nuts. 

Roger Waters does seem assholish for sure.  good call.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 10, 2011, 10:27 PM
or how bout these guys:

Prob not qualified to be considered assholes of rock, but we can definitely label them assholes in life.

watch yo mouth before I spray you faygo.  juggalos are f'in nuts.

el_chode

The kid who tried to kill me in high school is now a juggalo. He's also classified as borderline retarded, which is why he was given a semi-free pass.

I'm surrounded by assholes

el_chode

I'm surrounded by assholes

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 10, 2011, 10:50 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 10, 2011, 10:27 PM
or how bout these guys:

watch yo mouth before I spray you faygo.  juggalos are f'in nuts.

fuckin magnets, how do they work?
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Jaimoe

Kinda weak picks folks.

Here's a few for you to chew on (but the first a-hole is my #1):

Chad Kroeger, Jewel, Ke$ha, John Lydon, Sean Combs, Kanye, R Kelly, Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace frontman), all members of Kings of Leon, Eddie & Alex Van Halen, Billy Joel, Marilyn Manson, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, the Gallagher brothers, Billy Bob Thornton (he counts as a country a-hole), Mickey Hart, Mike Gordon, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jeff Martin (frontman from defunct Canadian trio, Tea Party - he's just a big a prick as Kroeger, but most of you don't know who he is... but trust me), and of course, Lauryn Hill.

Ruckus

Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 11, 2011, 12:16 AM
Kinda weak picks folks.

Chad Kroeger, Jewel, Ke$ha, John Lydon, Sean Combs, Kanye, R Kelly, Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace frontman), all members of Kings of Leon, Eddie & Alex Van Halen, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan, the Gallagher brothers, Billy Bob Thornton (he counts as a country a-hole), Mickey Hart, Mike Gordon, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jeff Martin (frontman from defunct Canadian trio, Tea Party - he's just a big a prick as Kroeger, but most of you don't know who he is... but trust me), and of course, Lauryn Hill.

Woahhhh!  Dem hosers come yellin' outta nowhere.  Ummm, 1st of all, I already mentioned that dude named Oasis. ;)  Plus I don't think half of them are from the ROCK genre. ;D  3rd, I LOVE the Van Halen brothers so go pick on some other brothers. :beer:

The one other guy that comes to mind for me is Mustaine.  I love him to death and that dude is all about his fans.  Nonetheless, a total douchetesticle.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jaimoe

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 11, 2011, 12:20 AM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 11, 2011, 12:16 AM
Kinda weak picks folks.

Chad Kroeger, Jewel, Ke$ha, John Lydon, Sean Combs, Kanye, R Kelly, Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace frontman), all members of Kings of Leon, Eddie & Alex Van Halen, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan, the Gallagher brothers, Billy Bob Thornton (he counts as a country a-hole), Mickey Hart, Mike Gordon, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jeff Martin (frontman from defunct Canadian trio, Tea Party - he's just a big a prick as Kroeger, but most of you don't know who he is... but trust me), and of course, Lauryn Hill.

Woahhhh!  Dem hosers come yellin' outta nowhere.  Ummm, 1st of all, I already mentioned that dude named Oasis. ;)  Plus I don't think half of them are from the ROCK genre. ;D  3rd, I LOVE the Van Halen brothers so go pick on some other brothers. :beer:

The one other guy that comes to mind for me is Mustaine.  I love him to death and that dude is all about his fans.  Nonetheless, a total douchetesticle.

I'm not saying I don't like some of the work from the artists I listed. I love Van Halen (pre-Hagar), but Alex and Eddie are notorious jerks, especially in the way they treated Mike Anthony. Andrew Lloyd qualifies because he's a rock opera/theatre pioneer - and a class A asshole too. Most of the "fringe rock" artists I listed can be categorized as pop stars, so I stretched it a bit. I forgot to add Gordon Lightfoot. I'm friends with his first-cousin and hear from him that he's a fucking asshole.

CTdeadhead

Perhaps I should have call the thread the Biggest Asshole in Music...