Who is the biggest ASSHOLE in rock??

Started by CTdeadhead, Feb 10, 2011, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Went to a Ryan Adams show 2 years ago expecting the worst. I've heard the stories - the walk offs, the cussing out of audience members, pretentiousness, all of it. Buyer beware I guess.

It was my first show too, so I didn't know what to expect, but had low expectations.

Ranks as the greatest "blew away my expectations" show ever. People were obnoxious, and on the recording of the show you can hear him mocking people yelling from the audience, but in no more of a stage banter way that was playful, if anything.

I probably just  caught him on a goodnight; rose to one of my favorite shows ever though.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jaimoe

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 11, 2011, 12:01 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 11, 2011, 12:16 AM
Kinda weak picks folks.

Here's a few for you to chew on (but the first a-hole is my #1):

Chad Kroeger, Jewel, Ke$ha, John Lydon, Sean Combs, Kanye, R Kelly, Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace frontman), all members of Kings of Leon, Eddie & Alex Van Halen, Billy Joel, Marilyn Manson, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, the Gallagher brothers, Billy Bob Thornton (he counts as a country a-hole), Mickey Hart, Mike Gordon, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jeff Martin (frontman from defunct Canadian trio, Tea Party - he's just a big a prick as Kroeger, but most of you don't know who he is... but trust me), and of course, Lauryn Hill.

Mike Gordon?  Really?  Please elaborate.  I've met Mike a few times, and chatted with him briefly.  He is indeed an awkward goofball, and not always the biggest people person, but asshole?  hmm.

Let's just say I wouldn't want my underage daughter hanging out with Gordon.

walterfredo

Taterbug

Maybe not the biggest but honorable mention should go to Scott Stapp. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

TheBigChicken

Quote from: Jon T. on Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 AM
This guy is a douche AND an asshole...

that's ROCK nowdays..... :-X
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

pawpaw

Varg Vikernes is the biggest asshole in rock. When you murder a dude and burn down churches...I don't really think there's much competition. There was a story in Mojo a while back about him and that scene, and I didn't even think it was real when I first saw it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varg_Vikernes
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

el_chode

Quote from: bbill on Feb 11, 2011, 05:31 PM
Varg Vikernes is the biggest asshole in rock. When you murder a dude and burn down churches...I don't really think there's much competition. There was a story in Mojo a while back about him and that scene, and I didn't even think it was real when I first saw it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varg_Vikernes

Wasn't he in the band that used the photo of the murdered guy as an album cover?

Jaimoe

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 11, 2011, 07:14 PM
I'm surprise Yngwie hasn't been said yet.  he loves himself.

Someone has to.

el_chode

ManNamedTruth

Ted Nugent gets my vote, Kings Of Leon and Nickleback are up there too. Regarding some things others have said - Ryan Adams' asshole tendencies kid of amuses me, so he gets a pass. I also saw him a couple years ago and there were no issues. I'd like to hear him sing like cookie monster, that's some funny shit. I could never call any of The Beatles assholes, that's just not right.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Feb 13, 2011, 02:12 AM
Ted Nugent gets my vote, Kings Of Leon and Nickleback are up there too. Regarding some things others have said - Ryan Adams' asshole tendencies kid of amuses me, so he gets a pass. I also saw him a couple years ago and there were no issues. I'd like to hear him sing like cookie monster, that's some funny shit. I could never call any of The Beatles assholes, that's just not right.

ringo blows dude.  solid studio drummer and masterful douchebag are his main personality traits.   he's the only beatle that was hired into the band.  he is the only beatle who hasn't been inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame for his studio work.  all of the songs he sings for the beatles suck for the most part.  to me the guy should be thanking god or whatever magical force is out there for making him as rich as he is.  ringo blows dick for sure.  Harrison and Lennon were my favorites.  McCartney kinda blows dick too.  some of his basslines are hot to trot tho.  she's so heavy is some good music. 

CTdeadhead

I must confess I have enjoyed Ted Nugents hunting show, its quite funny sometimes. 

weeniebeenie

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 13, 2011, 03:48 AM
ringo blows dude.  solid studio drummer and masterful douchebag are his main personality traits.   he's the only beatle that was hired into the band.  he is the only beatle who hasn't been inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame for his studio work.  all of the songs he sings for the beatles suck for the most part.  to me the guy should be thanking god or whatever magical force is out there for making him as rich as he is.  ringo blows dick for sure. 

I thought it was hilarious when he asked people to stop sending fanmail and requesting autographs.

"Peace and love man".
How loud can silence get?

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

ManNamedTruth

ringo blows dude.  solid studio drummer and masterful douchebag are his main personality traits.   he's the only beatle that was hired into the band.  he is the only beatle who hasn't been inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame for his studio work.  all of the songs he sings for the beatles suck for the most part.  to me the guy should be thanking god or whatever magical force is out there for making him as rich as he is.  ringo blows dick for sure.  Harrison and Lennon were my favorites.  McCartney kinda blows dick too.  some of his basslines are hot to trot tho.  she's so heavy is some good music.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Feb 13, 2011, 09:21 PM

Shut the Fuck up Donny

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 13, 2011, 11:36 PM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Feb 13, 2011, 09:21 PM

Shut the Fuck up Donny

Big Lebowski Nobody fucks with the Jesus.avi

MarkW

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 10, 2011, 10:50 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 10, 2011, 10:27 PM
or how bout these guys:

Prob not qualified to be considered assholes of rock, but we can definitely label them assholes in life.

watch yo mouth before I spray you faygo.  juggalos are f'in nuts.

Jesus told them to be assholes, so it's OK.

Axl Rose was a right twat the only time I saw him live.  Then again, having come on stage 30 minutes late, left again, and finally returned all the while threatening to leave for good, he proceeded to nail all of Guns 'n' Roses best ones with an astonishing live voice.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Cheetara

I've heard that Billy Corrigan, Corgan?, Whatever his name is from The Smashing Pumpkins, is just a total Douche Bag.

David Lee Roth was already mentioned, but he's a tool.

And Lenny Kravitz is an ass.

But I try not to spread the hate around. At least all of those guys get to do what they love each and every day, so you gotta give 'em props for that. Assholes or not, they're all still people  ;)

~The only thing you ever have to truly know in life is Yourself~