Main Menu

Futurebirds

Started by Ruckus, Mar 30, 2011, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Ruckus

Thanks Tracy.  Well that just made me like the Futurebirds song even more.  That is a nice cover of that song!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

kotchishm

Never heard of them.  Amazon MP3 app doesn't have this newest EP included, have to wait to get home.  Video sounds awesome though
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Ruckus

Quote from: kotchishm on May 17, 2011, 05:28 PM
Never heard of them.  Amazon MP3 app doesn't have this newest EP included, have to wait to get home.  Video sounds awesome though
Oh how I love their exuberance and reverb.  I'd definitely grab either their s/t debut ep which used to be free on their site (still might be) or Hampton's Lullaby (only LP) before checking out the new ep.

kotchishm

Quote from: Ruckus on May 17, 2011, 05:52 PM
Oh how I love their exuberance and reverb.  I'd definitely grab either their s/t debut ep which used to be free on their site (still might be) or Hampton's Lullaby (only LP) before checking out the new ep.

Ruckus thanks for posting this thread.  Went home last night and bought everything.  They are truly awesome.   :thumbsup:
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Penny Lane

Quote from: kotchishm on May 18, 2011, 09:48 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on May 17, 2011, 05:52 PM

Ruckus thanks for posting this thread.  Went home last night and bought everything.  They are truly awesome.   :thumbsup:

i love this band, reminds me of early Jacket---gonna see them for the first time in June (Asheville-Orange Peel)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Caseydog

Bummed that I'll miss them on Thursday at Roo (getting in too late).  They are also playing at the same time as MMJ at the Solar Stage.  WTF????

AJ Green

I love FUTUREBIRDS.  I go to school in athens and have seen them at least 20 times, and they are as good as any band I have ever seen live!!! And they are rad dudes too, I really think they are going places, and I believe that I have been witness to the rise of one of Athens' finest bands since REM, no disrespect to wsp.

What I think sets them apart from most any band is that they all change/trade instruments/vocals on different songs, and it just adds so much to the live experience. 
I have spent many goofy nights in the real ski chalet, its a real live haus in athens GA!!

long live FUTUREBIRDS.

Ruckus

davymac

Quote from: AJ Green on May 26, 2011, 11:08 PM
I love FUTUREBIRDS.  I go to school in athens and have seen them at least 20 times, and they are as good as any band I have ever seen live!!! And they are rad dudes too, I really think they are going places, and I believe that I have been witness to the rise of one of Athens' finest bands since REM, no disrespect to wsp.

What I think sets them apart from most any band is that they all change/trade instruments/vocals on different songs, and it just adds so much to the live experience. 
I have spent many goofy nights in the real ski chalet, its a real live haus in athens GA!!

long live FUTUREBIRDS.

I'm in Athens too! I have also seen Futurebirds twice and they definitely rock, by the way speaking of WSP I partied with Jo Jo the keyboard player at square one the other day! Small world

wolof7

Quote from: Ruckus on May 29, 2011, 09:03 PM
Solid live video from SXSW
http://www.roxwel.com/player/futurebirdsliveperformance_2011.html

holy shit! thanks Ruckus....that's the first live vid I've seen of them, they are tighter live than I wouldve imagined. They are captivating to watch, love how they are all dancing through Johnny Utah. Can't wait til they roll on thru up here.  This makes me think I don't like them enough even though I like them a lot already.

Had no idea they had a singing drummer. Love seeing those! :thumbsup:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

TheBigChicken

Athens GA has a way of just pouring these kind of bands out......any of you peeps ever listen to the Starroom Boys ?  Used to LOVE seeing them in Normaltown....that USE to be an area on Prince Ave in Athens that was demolished.... :embarassed:
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Ruckus

wolof7

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 27, 2012, 05:40 PM
http://www.futurebirdsmusic.com/2012/03/introducing-seney-stovall-for-record-store-day-2012/

Awesome! Guess I'm gonna need to call my local record shops for this one as Futurebirds cds are hard enough to find up here.

Penny Lane

That is awesome! I need that one...I got a really rare Futurebirds pressing as an Xmas gift. I think I'll be down in ATL to see DBT 4/21. Would have loved to have been at the Futurebirds show in Athens that night.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

wolof7

Found this link from heyreverb.com in which the Futurebirds play for their Mile Marker sessions posted last week: http://www.heyreverb.com/2012/04/20/futurebirds-downloads/#17

It contains 3 new tracks:
- Virginia Slims
- Keith and Donna
- Death Awaits

and a slow version of Yur Not Dead....good session, its available for dl too!

Ruckus

Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 22, 2012, 02:05 PM
Found this link from heyreverb.com in which the Futurebirds play for their Mile Marker sessions posted last week: http://www.heyreverb.com/2012/04/20/futurebirds-downloads/#17

- Virginia Slims
- Keith and Donna
- Death Awaits

Thanks Wolof!  Just d/l'd :thumbsup:

wolof7

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 22, 2012, 02:06 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 22, 2012, 02:05 PM

- Virginia Slims
- Keith and Donna
- Death Awaits

Thanks Wolof!  Just d/l'd :thumbsup:

Wow this new stuff is pretty droney stoney sounding...I listened to it pre and post inebriation and it took me on a whole different ride the 2nd time around

you could call this genre: Drone Country

joey_rogo

Gonna go ahead and bump this bad boy up. I JUST noticed the heartless bastards/futurebirds tour is making a stop in my town, so I'm pumped. The venue's website has the show listed as 'Heartless Bastards w/ special guests: Future Brides.' derp.

Has anyone seen them since forecastle?? Have they started playing any of the old drummer's songs??