KCRW 2011-06-21 and Interview

Started by searchinbig, Jul 15, 2011, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchinbig

Hey all,

Here's the complete broadcast (Stream). Enjoy!

My Morning Jacket
2011-06-21 Village Studios - Los Angeles, CA    

1. Victory Dance
2. Circuital
3. The Day Is Coming
4. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
5. Outta My System
6. Holdin On To Black Metal
7. First Light
8. You Wanna Freak Out
9. Slow Slow Tune
10. Movin Away
11. Wordless Chorus
12. Smokin From Shootin
13. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.2
14. One Big Holiday
15. I Will Sing You Songs
16. DJ outro

I have also included the interview with Jim James because it's a great interview!

These are Wave files

Note:
KCRW Benefit

Stream > CD Wave Editor for tracking > You!

By: Searchinbig  2011-07-15

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P86AXAO0

Edit: Sorry folks, I had a senior moment and put 2010 on the included text and files. I hate getting old.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

johnnYYac

Dude, we just keep each other going lately.  Keep it up!  Find me the Portland tape!  This is awesome.  I hoped to grab it but struggle with my streaming audio software.  I refuse to buy it, so I've got these shitty programs that often have limited time or capability.  Nice to know someone has my back if I can't come through with a stream recording.   Thanks for including the interview, which was my plan had the software worked.  Also, my two oldest daughters were having a tough day getting along today, so I likely would have missed this tending to their battles. 

This has been a great day!
Got my Clinton Reno posters
Got a strap for my electric guitar
Got the ISM picture discs
Had a great meal at an Indian place on a rare date with my wife (should probably list this first)
Got a nice surprise from a fellow forum freak (actually, should probably list THIS first)
Got a Neil Young DVD for $4
Got the Montreal taping
Got this KCRW taping

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

does Wave mean windows media? I'm a mac guy, and need to make it mp3 some how. BUT THANKS FOR RECORDING
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

searchinbig

No. Wave is the way that I recorded the files. You should be able to play them on anything (I think!) I know most of you folks use MP3 or whatever. I still burn cd's or listen on the computer. I like wave files so when I burn a cd, it is a more continuous flow of music without the slight blip in between songs.  Being that I recorded it in Wave I don't want to further degrade the quality by converting to MP3. Streams are already compressed so that's my reasoning. I leave that up to the individual user. That being said, I use a free program called DB Poweramp that will convert any music file to any other music file, so it's very versatile.

I don't have a Mac, so someone else feel free to chime in! Hope that helps!

Oh and John....I use a free program called Free Sound Recorder. It has worked flawlessly since the day I installed it.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

JDUB

wheelhousetunes

Thank you!

I'd love to capture the video but keepvid.com is getting blocked. Anyone have any other ideas to get the video put to dvd?

JPV

NICE!!!! thanks a lot Sir Searchinbig!

any chance you wanna record and post this? http://www.npr.org/2011/07/08/137700641/my-morning-jacket-on-world-cafe

hey wheelhousetunes-- good to see you here.  im 4strongwinds over at demonoid

searchinbig

Okay, I'm on it. Always point me in the right direction if you find these and I'll do my best!

JPV

Will do, searchinbig. i'm listening to the KCRW sesh and downloading the NPR set now. great work and thanks again for sharing!

EasyRyder

Thanks searchin'!! Your pull sounds better than mine, AND you uploaded it faster...

You win  :embarassed:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

e_wind

it just doesn't wanna let me convert this file. It says its a .rar file, which should be fine. Anyone else have this in another format that can upload?

searchinbig

Oh a Rar file is the zipped file . They must be zipped to upload to megaupload. You need to unzip it!

Try this: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

After you download the file from Mega, just right click and use winrar to unzip it.

e_wind

i think something good is happening right now....

wheelhousetunes

Quote from: JPV on Jul 16, 2011, 12:05 PM
hey wheelhousetunes-- good to see you here.  im 4strongwinds over at demonoid

Cool! I hope they get that High Sierra FM broadcast download fixed! I was thinking maybe a correct version would show up here....  ???

johnnYYac

Here's the full video download.  Sorry, the software I used (Stream Transport) produces a flash video file (.flv) and I don't have conversion software. 

Just under 600 MB, .zip file, video is 1 hour 22 minutes, looks decent at full screen on my 24 inch flatscreen LCD computer monitor (a bit pixelated but eminently watchable).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QRJEUN1P

Screenshots

searchinbig

wheelhousetunes

Awesome vid! Thanks for capturing it a upping it to Mega.

.flv files are just fine for me. I use All Video Converter to get them to .mpg and then can burn to dvd.

Thanks again!  :dankk2:

darkglow

fellow users of mac... i ripped the yacksters FLV format to m4v for apple TV using a program i've gotten more use out of than any other computer program over the last 2 or 3 years.. it's a free program called handbrake and it took about 10-12 minutes to decode and re-encode... and it looks pretty sweet on a 46 inch TV..

/ end of product promotion

e_wind

handbreak is a great free program. i've been using that for as long as I've been using apple products

johnnYYac