MMJ songs used in TV Shows and Soundtracks

Started by jimsflyingv, Apr 22, 2012, 04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimsflyingv

Hi I want to make a list of TV shows and soundtracks in which the great music of MMJ is used:

1) TV Shows
a)
First of all of course we have the American Dad episode My Morning Straight Jacket and in one episode of last year Slow, slow tune was used at the end

b)
How I met your mother

XMas Time is here again
Off the record
Look at you

c)
Californication

Rocket Man

d) Heros
Chills (Master Mix)

johnnYYac

On CW's Vampire Diaries, they appeared and played "You Wanna Freak Out".  The show also featured "Holdin' On To Black Metal" and "First Light."

A portion of "Victory Dance" was used in an episode of House.

Victory Dance (My Morning Jacket) on House
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

verycherry

Spring (Among The Living) was used/played on last night's, March 5, episode of The Blacklist (Ep 14 Season 2.)

AlwxanderD10

Quote from: verycherry on Mar 06, 2015, 11:45 PM
Spring (Among The Living) was used/played on last night's, March 5, episode of The Blacklist (Ep 14 Season 2.)
Wait..... Wat?
EDIT: Just watched the entire episode to hear it. Comes in around 38:30. From what I can tell, it freaking rocks.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: AlwxanderD10 on Mar 07, 2015, 09:55 AM
Quote from: verycherry on Mar 06, 2015, 11:45 PM
Wait..... Wat?
EDIT: Just watched the entire episode to hear it. Comes in around 38:30. From what I can tell, it freaking rocks.

Interesting! I listened to it.  It sounds good, but it is too short.  I feel like the song is building to something before the clip ends.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

LB

no you never gotta fight with me

CTdeadhead

Cant forget elizabethtown they did several tracks for that flick.  THey used OBH on an episode of House I think the 3rd season with the race car driver..

ffghtrs

Everyone should know the episode of American Dad dedicated to their music.  IT's a classic.  It's from the third season entitled My Morning Straghtjacket.  and then there are a couple or at least one episode from the sixth season that uses their music.  Check it out.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Penny Lane

Heard OBH in the outro for Howard Stern's Wrap Up show (the one Shully and Ba Ba Booey do). It's on after the actual broadcast every day but they replay it on channel 100 (Sirius) all the time.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

MMJ_fanatic

Ummm there was a great use of Victory Dance in a hugely tense scene from House :shocked:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

Oh and The Lookout is a really good flick if you haven't seen it yet--totally stoked me when I caught Old Sept. Blues in the background.

johnnYYac

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Mar 11, 2015, 03:18 AM
Oh and The Lookout is a really good flick if you haven't seen it yet--totally stoked me when I caught Old Sept. Blues in the background.
I think One Big Holiday is used during the car crash scene, if memory serves.

According to IMDB, Lay Low, too!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427470/soundtrack
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Drizzler

one time I heard them play I'm Amazed on the weather channel during the "weather on the 8's"...Does that count?

HAHA

Jackets N Pones

Not an MMJ original but "Goin' to Acapulco" with Calexico in the movie "I'm Not There" is too good to leave off this list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HN_is9hcW8

Also kind of embarrassed to mention this but "I'm Amazed" in "He's Just Not that Into You" comes to mind...
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Jackets N Pones

JJ solo but State of the Art was played at the end of the recent Ray Donovan episode.

"What did YOU do, Raymond? What did YOU DO?"

MMJ_fanatic

I've been going through past seasons of "House" because I missed a lot of the show over the years and season 4 episode 6 (titled "Whatever it Takes) featured One Big Holiday in the opening scenes

Jackets N Pones

Victory Dance in Big Little Lies on HBO was real tight

parkervb

Jim's "Here in Spirit" was used in the most recent run of eps of Ozarks (Great show!)
Don't you ever turn it off

MMJTX

I believe State of Art (AEIOU) was used in the beginning of the The Accountant?
Anytime