Official Recordings at nugs.net

Started by CC, Sep 02, 2012, 03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheThird

I'll be honest. I'm not quite sure I understand the theory behind not having every show available for download from now on, along with slowly adding some famed past shows. If you have a great tool available to you and your fans why not take advantage of it (a la phish)
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

ms. yvon

downloading night 1 now.  used the number under the bar code.  seems to be working.

CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR TYRONE -> TWILIGHT AGAIN. :shocked:
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

MOWJO8185

Quote from: TheThird on Jan 02, 2013, 09:11 PM
I'll be honest. I'm not quite sure I understand the theory behind not having every show available for download from now on, along with slowly adding some famed past shows. If you have a great tool available to you and your fans why not take advantage of it (a la phish)

To be honest, the completist in me is quite glad that it seems like for now they are only doing select shows, as otherwise I would be spending wayyy too much money on MMJ soundboards.

I understand particularly when so many other bands release every show, that many want to re-live the concert they were at or buy a show that has a very tasty setlist. But for me, there's something about it only being every few months that makes it seem like those shows are events, that there is excitement when those shows and the live SBD comes around.

As far as the economics, I have no idea how much livedownloads charges per show vs. the demand of people buying each show, so I can't comment on how much financial sense it would make for them to release every single show.

SVRDhand13

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 31, 2012, 06:36 PM
my dl worked for nights 1 and 2 but code is not being recognized for night 3.

hopefully this gets fixed soon.

I'm having the same issue  :cry:
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

oistheone

I didn't even bother with redeeming barcodes or downloading HD files, I just paid $12.95 for a FLAC download of each night -- and it was the BEST $40 I EVER SPENT! The FLACs sound AMAZING when blasted, and that's all I care about. I still find it unreal that these concerts barely happened a week ago and I can relive them all from my living room. THANK YOU!

I am also thankful for how prominent Bo is in these mixes. After years of being slightly buried in the mix (or maybe overpowered is more accurate), his keys and vocals are now just as defined as any other instrument in this fantastic-sounding mix. Love it!

CooGarn

I'm surprised no one's talking about it on here, but the NYE soundboard is fantastic!

http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/0,9002/My-Morning-Jacket-mp3-flac-download-12-31-2012-Agganis-Arena-Boston-MA.html?utm_source=livemymorningjacket.com&utm_medium=livedownloads

I have noticed a few odd spots where they cranked the volume or dropped it in between songs which isn't really an issue, but it is sort of annoying to hear the crowd disappear all of a sudden rather than fade down nicely. So far it's nothing I haven't been able to fix pretty easily in Audacity  :rolleyes:

Dillsnufus

I hope they do at least one Jim solo date
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

searchinbig

Has anyone created any crazy fancy artwork for cd cases for the live downloads that they would like to share?? ( I know, who still burns cd's?)

The PC and NYE show downloads don't come with any. I'm pretty bad at creating stuff like that so any help would be much appreciated!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Fully

Just use the posters, searchingbig. At least that's what I would do since that's what pops up on my phone when I'm playing one of them.

spence

You reckon we'll get a chance to get some of these AmericanaramA shows/songs?  Maybe a best of at least?  I would like to get some of these collaborations for sure....  Who can make this happen?

Rdylan99@yahoo.com

Can anyone suggest where I might go for a quality download of the CBGB show this past weekend?  Their cover with Jakob Dylan of the Band's "Don't Do it" was incredible.  Thanks.

Mr. White

Does anybody have a heads-up on if we can expect a June Official Bootleg release, like we did the last two months?

I sure hope so!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

Quote from: Mr. White on Jun 02, 2014, 09:28 PM
Does anybody have a heads-up on if we can expect a June Official Bootleg release, like we did the last two months?

I sure hope so!
It was stated, either to me or in a public forum such as this, that there would be monthly releases while waiting for the new album to drop.  I've learned, however, that time is fluid when it comes to all things MMJ...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bartel

something from 2010 or 2012 non album cycle tours would be great had some great sets...

robb

Quote from: bartel on Jun 03, 2014, 08:28 AM
something from 2010 or 2012 non album cycle tours would be great had some great sets...

like columbus 2012.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

bartel

Quote from: robb on Jun 10, 2014, 08:09 AM
Quote from: bartel on Jun 03, 2014, 08:28 AM

like columbus 2012.

yes!

bartel

can anyone guess or give me some info on when the new bootleg will be released?

robb

Quote from: bartel on Jun 10, 2014, 11:49 AM
can anyone guess or give me some info on when the new bootleg will be released?

last one was may 1st i think, so i would guess any day now.

i'm just gonna keep mentioning columbus 2012 until i get to hear that set again.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.