Main Menu

MLB 2015

Started by armando, Mar 27, 2015, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armando

Baseball season is upon us with spring training is full swing and opening day just over a week away.

I'm a Marlins guy and the season is looking good. Stanton is a monster, one of the best young outfields in the NL, pitching is ok to decent with Fernandez hopefully coming back around the all star break. Looking for 10-15 more wins this year, maybe wild card contention? Ah, the optimism of spring!

Who's your team and how are they looking this year?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Derek713

Quote from: armando on Mar 27, 2015, 08:37 AM
Baseball season is upon us with spring training is full swing and opening day just over a week away.

I'm a Marlins guy and the season is looking good. Stanton is a monster, one of the best young outfields in the NL, pitching is ok to decent with Fernandez hopefully coming back around the all star break. Looking for 10-15 more wins this year, maybe wild card contention? Ah, the optimism of spring!

Yeah, I'm ready! Astros for better or worse. Can we fast forward to 2017? We have slowly been getting better, but we are still a ways off. At least it has been real easy to get good seats at the games. We are going to see MMJ at Red Rocks this year and are planning on squeezing in a Rockies game. Should be a good time.

Sassbox

Nats' fan. We're looking good...real good  :grin:

Scherzer starts opening day, which is eight days away! It's going to be 24 degrees tomorrow night  :angry:
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

armando

You got some good young guys in Houston, Derek713. What do you think about Gattis playing for you guys now?

And Sassbox, your Nats are loaded. Best rotation in the majors, man. That Scherzer pick up was huge.

Derek713

Quote from: armando on Mar 27, 2015, 09:47 AM
You got some good young guys in Houston, Derek713. What do you think about Gattis playing for you guys now?

And Sassbox, your Nats are loaded. Best rotation in the majors, man. That Scherzer pick up was huge.

As long as Gattis can stay healthy he will be an nice addition. It sounds like we are mainly going to use him in left and DH. Our left field is one of the easiest to play since it is short. Hell, we were able to have slowpoke Carlos Lee out there and not get hurt too bad.

pattilovesmmj

Grew up in California a Dodger fan - moved to the Chicago area years ago and now I bleed Cubbie Blue.

Go Cubs!  If they win it all, it will be the end of the world!

MusiKel Mama

My friend, WHEN the Cubbies win, it will be a signpost that our collective reliance on the illusion of the material world has ended. Transcendence will abound. It has been written. Jesus talked about the cornerstone at Clark and Addison in the omitted versions of the Bible dating back to the reign of Tiberius.

Murph

Optimism of Spring is basically my motto as a lifelong Mets fan... but I love my team this year.  Losing Wheeler was heartbreaking, but I still love our rotation.  I really think we should contend for that second wildcard. You guys are definitely loaded as well and it should be a fun race between our two teams, but we all know this division is the Nats'.  I wouldnt be surprised if they win 100+ games

Sassbox

Bah! Opening Day is 10 days, not 8. I'm ready!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

manonthemoon

Quote from: Murph on Mar 27, 2015, 02:59 PM

Optimism of Spring is basically my motto as a lifelong Mets fan... but I love my team this year.  Losing Wheeler was heartbreaking, but I still love our rotation.  I really think we should contend for that second wildcard. You guys are definitely loaded as well and it should be a fun race between our two teams, but we all know this division is the Nats'.  I wouldnt be surprised if they win 100+ games

Mets fan as well.  Love the rotation, hope the bullpen will be okay with Parnell coming off of TJ, Mejia finally getting healthy,and losing Edgin as a lefty option, but the lineup still leaves a lot to be desired IMO.  Only power is Duda, who strikes out a ton, Wright should bounce back since he is fully healthy, Cuddyer(sp) will be another in a long line of FA bust since he was a power bat in a launchpad but is now in a major pitchers park.  Hope that D'naurd (sp), and flores, improve with more time, Murphy will probably be traded as they aren't going to bring him back, unless they want the draft pick.  Granderson can only get better right and I love the center fielder Lagares for his Glove and arm, hope he can get a little more consistent with the bat or a better eye and use his speed on the base paths.  I really feel like 16 or 17 is when this club will really come around with Wheeler coming back and Noah and the other pitcher making their way up.  That is if they ever improve the lineup.
Alive or Just Breathing

armando

Quote from: Murph on Mar 27, 2015, 02:59 PM

Yeah, Harvey being back and looking good is a bright spot after the Wheeler loss for you guys. Mets and Marlins will have to work together to beat up the Nats.

Come Closer

iLikeBeer

I too am a lifelong Cubby fan.  Grew up watching them on WGN in Florida.  I love the young talent Epstein has been amassing on the northside and the hiring of Maddon might have been the best free agent signing in baseball over the off season!  :cool:

I'm also a big Tribe fan as I've been living in NE Ohio for most of my adult life and things are surprisingly optimistic on the shores of Lake Erie as well.  We have the returning Cy Young winner along with a promising young rotation that was lights out after the All Star break last season.  And Terry Francona is arguably one of the best managers out there and seems to always get the most out of his team!   

Can't wait for opening day!!!   :beer:

Murph

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Mar 31, 2015, 04:43 PM
I too am a lifelong Cubby fan.  Grew up watching them on WGN in Florida.  I love the young talent Epstein has been amassing on the northside and the hiring of Maddon might have been the best free agent signing in baseball over the off season!  :cool:

I'm also a big Tribe fan as I've been living in NE Ohio for most of my adult life and things are surprisingly optimistic on the shores of Lake Erie as well.  We have the returning Cy Young winner along with a promising young rotation that was lights out after the All Star break last season.  And Terry Francona is arguably one of the best managers out there and seems to always get the most out of his team!   

Can't wait for opening day!!!   :beer:

Michael Brantley was my second pick over the weekend for my fantasy team. Do you see him regressing at all this year?

Horace Hucker

Glad to see the Cubs are well represented here. Hoping this season is the start of a special time. God knows we need it.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Murph on Mar 31, 2015, 05:27 PM
Michael Brantley was my second pick over the weekend for my fantasy team. Do you see him regressing at all this year?

I hope not.  He seems to be a pretty steady hitter and I wouldn't see him as the type player to have a down year like we saw from Kipnis and Swisher last year. 

I will say if Brantley regresses, so too will the Tribe's chances of contending this season...

Murph

ayan143

pitching is ok to decent with Fernandez hopefully coming back around the all star break. Looking for 10-15 more wins this year, maybe wild card contention? Ah, the optimism of spring!
watson

Jaimoe

I'm rather enjoying the recent nasty edge to the division rivalry between the Blue Jays and Orioles. I can never really hate the Os given we share the division with the two most disgusting teams in baseball and all of pro sports (although as organizations, I have the utmost respect for Boston and NY).

walterfredo