Started by DayDrinkin, Jun 13, 2015, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHerm

Orch row d section 3 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjlemons

Quote from: Mr. White on Jun 16, 2015, 11:37 AM
Quote from: DayDrinkin on Jun 16, 2015, 11:32 AM
I got row J on Carl's side.  How did you all make out?

The first pair of tickets I got were Orchestra 3, Row E, and the second pair were even better in Orchestra 3, Row B (Jim's side).

I got Orchestra 3, Row B, also! See you soon, Mr. White!  :thumbsup:
It was great seeing you in Knoxville and Chicago!

Sheets Of Clay

Grateful Chabo

Orch 3 (Jim Side), row E for me x2.   :thumbsup: 
1. daydrinkin +1
2. Fully
3. Mr. White +3
4. BigHerm +1
5. GratefulChabo +1
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

rjlemons

1. daydrinkin +1
2. Fully
3. Mr. White +3
4. BigHerm +1
5. GratefulChabo +1
6. rjlemons +1

Mr. White

Quote from: rjlemons on Jun 16, 2015, 12:34 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Jun 16, 2015, 11:37 AM
Quote from: DayDrinkin on Jun 16, 2015, 11:32 AM
I got row J on Carl's side.  How did you all make out?

The first pair of tickets I got were Orchestra 3, Row E, and the second pair were even better in Orchestra 3, Row B (Jim's side).

I got Orchestra 3, Row B, also! See you soon, Mr. White!  :thumbsup:
It was great seeing you in Knoxville and Chicago!

Really cool seeing you too rjlemons! I'll be sitting with my younger brother on Row B in Nashville (I think seats 7 & 8). It looks like my cousin and his 20 year old son will be 3 rows back from us (using my extra pair in Row E).

I'll be going to Forecastle alone this year (like I did in 2012). I can't decide if I want to park myself in front of the soundboard (more likely than not) or tough out another 7 hour day on the rail (like I did for Jim in 2013 after the storm threat went away). Anyway, hope to see you there.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

halesdd

1. daydrinkin +1
2. Fully
3. Mr. White +3
4. BigHerm +1
5. GratefulChabo +1
6. rjlemons +1
7. halesdd +3

Can't wait!  Hope they offer sound check down the road.  4 seats on row A in section 103 is not too bad as it provides a unimpeded line of sight.  Would love to be closer but still, can't complain.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

Mike D

Long time lurker and Roll Caller, figured it was about time to get on the forums here :)

I'll see yall there!! Super pumped to finally see them in my hometown (besides Americanarama) and I finally lucked out and got a front row ticket from the presale!!! I may have a single seat up for grabs too if anyone here would be interested, Orch 1, row E seat 3. Gone to Fully

I am also doing the 2 nights in ATL and then Birmingham so I have a nice little run of 4 shows in 5 days :)

Sheets Of Clay

I walked by this place tonight on the way to see the Stones at LP field. It looks really cool and modern but they have a ton of work to finish before it opens on July 30.

MateoDeKY

Really wish I could go to this one. Ill be in Atl for the Saturday show, but this one almost set up perfect for me. My sister lives in Nashville and MMJ & Moon Taxi are 2 of my absolute favorites. By the end of the summer I'll have seen MMJ 8 times and Moon Taxi 12 times. If youre going make sure to show Moon Taxi some love. Theyre gunna bring it in their hometown.
Our earthly bodies will surely fall, But the love we share outlives us all

Mr. White

Why are there three different "official" start times for this show? On MMJ's site, it says 5:30. Over at Ticketmaster, it says 7:00. On the Ascend Amphitheater site, it says 8:00...

MMJ's Tour Information Page
THE WATERFALL TOUR 2015
ASCEND AMPHITHEATER
310 1st Avenue South
Nashville , TN 37201
08/06/15 5:30 PM
Support: Moon Taxi
http://mymorningjacket.com/events/321023

Ticketmaster
My Morning Jacket
Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
Thu, Aug 6, 2015 07:00 PM
Details: My Morning Jacket, Moon Taxi
Please Note: Box Office open event days only. All events are rain or shine.
http://concerts.livenation.com/event/1B004E93DA0B531A

Ascend Amphitheater
MY MORNING JACKET WITH MOON TAXI
THU AUG 6 8:00PM
http://do615.com/events/2015/8/6/my-morning-jacket-with-moon-taxi

ajclements004

ellisintransit

1. daydrinkin +1
2. Fully
3. Mr. White +3
4. BigHerm +1
5. GratefulChabo +1
6. rjlemons +1
7. halesdd +3
8. ellisintransit

Live Nation can suck it.  For real.  While I was waiting in a queue for 15 minutes to get a $76 seat halfway back they showed me a box on the same page with 15 resale tickets ranging from $100-$125, all orchestra or decent 100 section seats.  So fuck it, I'll just see my 30th show from the grass.  Never sat that far away at an MMJ show.  If anyone has an extra near the front for face value hit me up.  MMJ needs me to be closer  :grin:

Also, I need a whiny baby emoticon. 

TheDark

1. daydrinkin +1
2. Fully
3. Mr. White +3
4. BigHerm +1
5. GratefulChabo +1
6. rjlemons +1
7. halesdd +3
8. ellisintransit
9. thedark +1

Taking off work Thurs and Fri... Nashville>2 nights Atlanta.. 3 night run of Jacket! 

Mike D

1. daydrinkin +1
2. Fully
3. Mr. White +3
4. BigHerm +1
5. GratefulChabo +1
6. rjlemons +1
7. halesdd +3
8. ellisintransit
9. thedark +1
10. Mike D

I am sure I have seen some of yall at other shows and Roll Call events & soundchecks (Jim @ The Basement, Headliners a few months ago, and that amazing soundcheck under the bridge at Forecastle) but looking forward to a more formal introduction :)

I know a few folks are doing ATL too, anyone else doing ATL and Birmingham? I would be interested in a carpool and maybe a hotel split. I would likely be headed back to Nashville Monday night after the B'Ham show.

rmpotsy

if anyone has any decent pavilion or orchestra tix, please hit me up.  i couldnt commit to this till just now and all the decent tix are gone.

thanks,

ryan
out go the lights it begins

willsfc

-will

Mr. White

Quote from: ellisintransit on Jun 19, 2015, 11:50 AM
Live Nation can suck it.  For real.  While I was waiting in a queue for 15 minutes to get a $76 seat halfway back they showed me a box on the same page with 15 resale tickets ranging from $100-$125, all orchestra or decent 100 section seats.  So fuck it, I'll just see my 30th show from the grass.  Never sat that far away at an MMJ show.  If anyone has an extra near the front for face value hit me up.  MMJ needs me to be closer  :grin:

Also, I need a whiny baby emoticon.

This exact same thing happened to me! I made sure to log in with plenty of time before the general sale started. Within seconds, I had chosen 2 tickets and was told to wait for 4 minutes. That 4 minutes turned into 15 minutes. During the 15 minute wait, I opened a different browser and went through the same wait time drill. After the wait was over (and the time kept changing on me the entire time), I was offered tickets in the center section behind the Orchestra, but they were all the way back in the J row. The second attempt got me roughly the same tickets only a few rows further back. It's tripped out that while we are being forced to wait, other scalper sites are being shown the front of the line (behind the scenes), so they can snag up all the quality seats and begin charging the sucker/captive buyers as much as they think they can get away with. Hell, I even saw some lawn seats (that are not sold out) being sold for more than $60 something. They are still on sale for $30 something. Unreal!!! I hate scalpers, especially the "legal" ones!!!

DayDrinkin

ryno11111

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Jul 12, 2015, 08:15 PM
Any hotel recommendations near the venue?

Depends how much you want to spend and how close you want to be.  If you want to be within walking distance, I see three 'reputable' hotels within 5-6 blocks of the venue for under $150 on Thursday, August 6th.   The cheapest is the DoubleTree by Hilton for $123.  Other decent options are the Holiday Inn Express ($136) and the Courtyard ($149).  There are obviously cheaper options out there but not within walking distance really.