Main Menu

Newport!

Started by bronzejoy, Jun 17, 2015, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itrainmonkeys

I'll be there with my group from Inforoo. Look for us wearing lanyards with the title "Quack Club" on them :)

I believe there are a few others from here who will be there, too.

beardedwonder

Band of Horses added to Friday at 7pm??!!
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

parkervb

Quote from: beardedwonder on Jul 22, 2015, 02:32 PM
Band of Horses added to Friday at 7pm??!!

is it BoH or the Ben and Sam Beam collab?
Don't you ever turn it off

beardedwonder

Not sure. Just got email saying BOH is playing the gig.  My apologies if nothing has changed.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

itrainmonkeys

Can you post what the email says specifically (unless it's some private/insider info)? This would be interesting if they were added.

beardedwonder

Sorry for replying so late. Went to see Martin sexton last night - front row w my wife - amazing performance.

Looks like I'm an idiot and have no clue who the band mates are & how they intermingle. My bad. Upon further review, while the email says "BOH", it then in parentheses says (iron and wine and Ben birdwell).

Murph

CountSA

Damn, this is going to be unbelievable.  I wish I was able to go.

Mr. White

I've been so excited about this ever since reading the rumors two days ago! I sure hope this is true! I'm not going, but all those who are had better get some quality recordings (video and audio) and post them here!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

headhunter

H o l y   s h i t !
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Mr. White

Quote from: headhunter on Jul 23, 2015, 09:13 PM

H o l y   s h i t !

You said it Headhunter!

This is major (if real and all)!

I was just telling my brother about this last night on the phone. I said it was too much...my favorite current/active band playing alongside the founding member of my all-time favorite band for what could be an hour and a half of stunning musical wonderfulness! My Morning Jacket pretending to be Pink Floyd with the blessings of Roger Waters!

THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

ericm

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 23, 2015, 09:21 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Jul 23, 2015, 09:13 PM

H o l y   s h i t !

You said it Headhunter!

This is major (if real and all)!

I was just telling my brother about this last night on the phone. I said it was too much...my favorite current/active band playing alongside the founding member of my all-time favorite band for what could be an hour and a half of stunning musical wonderfulness! My Morning Jacket pretending to be Pink Floyd with the blessings of Roger Waters!

THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

It IS happening Mr. White!  :cool:   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

Mr. White

GO4IT, I see you are logged in right now. You are going to Newport, right!?! You had better rest you're video recording arm tonight, so you can report back posthaste!

GO4IT

We saw the possibility, but knowing it's now real is hard to fathom. I feel fortunate to be able to experience what's sure to be an epic show. I will try to capture some photos and video but hopefully you'll all get some quality streams in real time.

LESS THAN 19 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO4IT

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 23, 2015, 10:46 PM
GO4IT, I see you are logged in right now. You are going to Newport, right!?! You had better rest you're video recording arm tonight, so you can report back posthaste!

I'll do my best but I'm recovering from major shoulder surgery in March and it's hard for me to hold my camera up for extended periods.  If anything can give me strength, it will be this incredible pairing.

beardedwonder

CRAZY!!!

Taking my wife. Just scored 2 instant tix for $123.10 total w fees from Vivid Seats. 

FYI - SH was not recognizing my order

I hoping for anything off of Animals!!! and SOYCD

getinthevan

Will the MMJ/MMJ w/ Waters sets be on the stream?
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

parkervb

Maybe it's just my tendency to not get overly excited, but are we certain this is going to Waters & Jacket doing Floyd at NFF?
Don't you ever turn it off

GO4IT

Just got up and getting caffeinated at the Courtyard in Port Chester. Brings back great memories.  They are still trying to get the stains out of the carpet in Fully's room :grin:
On to Newport!

rdylanoconnor

Just heard a rumor that MMJ may join roger waters on stage in Newport. How sick would that be?