Started by Ruckus, Mar 30, 2011, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcc0065

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 19, 2015, 09:58 AM
Quote from: jcc0065 on Oct 17, 2015, 12:46 AM

setlist from montgomery tonight.

Encore
Ski Chalet > Rocks off > Ski chalet

Sick! Both of their great covers (Wild Heart, Neon Moon) plus Tan Lines, Death Awaits, Serial Bowls and Ski Chalet!

and unknown legend! (neil young cover)

wcazcooper95

so Jacket fans are Jacket Junkies, what does that make Futurebirds fans?

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

If you are a Roky Erickson fan, the FBs covered him on Holloween and here is the audio link.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujyz8naqf30589n/Halloween-Futurebirds.mp3?dl=0

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

jcc0065

Quote from: BH on Nov 25, 2015, 11:07 AM
If you are a Roky Erickson fan, the FBs covered him on Holloween and here is the audio link.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujyz8naqf30589n/Halloween-Futurebirds.mp3?dl=0

thats tight. glad to see a decent number of birds fans here. going to see them close out their tour friday in atlanta with @wcazcooper95!!

vadermaul

Hi everyone,

Saw the Futurebirds in Ausitn over the weekend.  Really great show and crowded!  Love to see the success for these guys.

One thing of note, there Steel Pedal player (Dennis Love) wasn't there for the show.  Is everything ok?  That steel pedal is such a huge part of their sound.  I hoping he's still with the band.....

jcc0065

Quote from: vadermaul on Jan 25, 2016, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Saw the Futurebirds in Ausitn over the weekend.  Really great show and crowded!  Love to see the success for these guys.

One thing of note, there Steel Pedal player (Dennis Love) wasn't there for the show.  Is everything ok?  That steel pedal is such a huge part of their sound.  I hoping he's still with the band.....

really? thats odd. im good buddies with 2 of the members. ill try and see whats up....youre right, hes a HUGE part of the band.

vadermaul

^^^Really interested if all is well?  I should've ask one of the guys or souviner guys but I was a few drinks in and happy, lol

I saw a picture of there Dallas show & he wasn't on stage for that show either  :undecided:

Because of the show being a Saturday night I brought about 8 friends to the show & they all enjoyed it.  I felt they were a little cheated without that golden steel pedal.  But still a great show.

wcazcooper95

I'm friends with one of the songwriters and guitarists of Futurebirds and asked him about the steel pedal player, D Love. He said everything is fine within the band, but D Love had a family emergency he had to take care of the past couple of days. he should be returning to the tour shortly. you guys had me scared for just a second

jcc0065

Quote from: wcazcooper95 on Jan 26, 2016, 10:55 AM
I'm friends with one of the songwriters and guitarists of Futurebirds and asked him about the steel pedal player, D Love. He said everything is fine within the band, but D Love had a family emergency he had to take care of the past couple of days. he should be returning to the tour shortly. you guys had me scared for just a second

yep hes got it covered^

Come Closer

Bump. I kinda lost track of these guys after Hotel Parties. Looks like they were in the studio in the fall, so I'm guessing a new LP is coming this year. From recent pics it looks like they have a new drummer? And did they lose the pedal steel player after all?

robb

Quote from: Osistheones on Jan 22, 2019, 10:26 PM
Bump. I kinda lost track of these guys after Hotel Parties. Looks like they were in the studio in the fall, so I'm guessing a new LP is coming this year. From recent pics it looks like they have a new drummer? And did they lose the pedal steel player after all?

last i knew was "early 2019" on a new album.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Crispy

I just saw them last Saturday in Oxford, MS and they tore it up, like they always do. They do have a new drummer (Jeff) after Johnny Colorado hung it up, and they have never replaced the pedal steel man, though they have had guys sit in on occasion. Most notably at their recent anniversary show in Athens, Robb.

I always forget to ask about the new record but I'll see if I can't find some intel.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Hoptimus Prime

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 23, 2019, 04:09 PM
I just saw them last Saturday in Oxford, MS and they tore it up, like they always do. They do have a new drummer (Jeff) after Johnny Colorado hung it up, and they have never replaced the pedal steel man, though they have had guys sit in on occasion. Most notably at their recent anniversary show in Athens, Robb.

I always forget to ask about the new record but I'll see if I can't find some intel.

They recently released Portico (Vol 1 & 2) together on a 12".  Sounds pretty rad.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

Come Closer

I saw Womack & Cartez on their living room tour this weekend. Carter told me their album will be out sometime this year.

Murph

I'm pretty sure Carl is involved in this album.  This is all judging from their IG, so not sure if he is producing it or just guesting on it, but he was there in the studio with them.  Love that

parkervb

Carl STAYS working hard
Don't you ever turn it off

rkwedge

Quote from: parkervb on May 22, 2019, 09:03 AMCarl STAYS working hard
Isn't this the truth. The guy just loves music and loves helping others make it.
I already have tickets to see him with Tyler Ramsey and Ray LaMontagne this year but I'd add Futurebirds to list if need be.  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

SplatSplatSplat

You need it.  That's for sure.

StillWishing

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jun 04, 2019, 10:04 PMthe birds rule

I totally second this!!!!
Saw them a few months back at the Beat Kitchen in Chicago. Small club on a Saturday night, and the place was half full. I don't get how they don't have a bigger following as they make killer fucking, and sometimes spacey, music.
Futurebirds and the Felice Brothers should tour together. Hard working musicians who touch on various genres of music.