roll call subscription?

Started by slappymoe, Dec 17, 2016, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slappymoe

any word on 2017? my 2016 subscription expires in 2 days.

it's kinda like health insurance: i hate the idea of not being covered, and i hate the idea of not being an active MMJ fan club member.

amskinz

No word yet. My expiration date is February 10, 2018. If I could give you my extra time, I would.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

pattilovesmmj

my expiration date is in February of this year.  I'm really hoping for a new subscription to come out soon!

PookdaddyG

I emailed WU about a week ago, and they said that they did not have any information about the 2017 Roll Call. Mine expired about a week ago, so I keep checking on a somewhat daily basis, but as I'm sure you already know, there is only the sold out 2016

bowwowmeowmeow

I renewed my Roll Call in July 2016, but I haven't received the live show download code or the holiday 7". UnWonderful Union's response:

"We have not received the End of the year bonus items to begin fulfilling orders. Upon receipt of the merchandise your order will be shipped...

If the code is available it will be included with your end of the year vinyl."

This is the 4th or 5th order -- I've lost count -- that WU has screwed up and I've had to contact them about. Now they're passing the blame onto MMJ. Is there anybody else I can speak to in the organization? It never used to be like this.

louisvilledanahys

Any idea if there is a pending "deluxe" membership coming soon?  Mine expired in mid-January and considering renewing.

millerjustin

Quote from: louisvilledanahys on Mar 07, 2017, 10:58 PM
Any idea if there is a pending "deluxe" membership coming soon?  Mine expired in mid-January and considering renewing.

nothing available to buy at this point - not even sure if WU will be in the picture going forward?
What's in here won't disappear

adam_pliskow

My subscription ends the 2oth, this was the exchange:

Me: I appreciate your quick response.  I don't want the digital membership, that is worthless.  I want to RENEW my subscription that I've had for 5 years.  Please advise me on how to reup that.

WU: Unfortunately, the Deluxe membership is out of stock. If and when the band & their team decide to reintroduce that level of membership, we will post an update on the website and add it back to the store. I definitely understand your disappointment; however, it is not within our control, and we do not have any information about when it will be re-stocked and what merch items may be included.

Wonderful Union Fan Support

parkervb

Quote from: adam_pliskow on Mar 10, 2017, 01:21 PM
My subscription end the 2oth, this was the exchange:

Me: I appreciate your quick response.  I don't want the digital membership, that is worthless.  I want to RENEW my subscription that I've had for 5 years.  Please advise me on how to reup that.

WU: Unfortunately, the Deluxe membership is out of stock. If and when the band & their team decide to reintroduce that level of membership, we will post an update on the website and add it back to the store. I definitely understand your disappointment; however, it is not within our control, and we do not have any information about when it will be re-stocked and what merch items may be included.

I hope their lack of knowledge about what is going on is a sign they are taking more control of their fan club.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 10, 2017, 01:44 PM

I hope their lack of knowledge about what is going on is a sign they are taking more control of their fan club.

Their lack of knowledge is encouraging in a way.  Meaning that I agree with Parker that WU could be out of the loop indicating a change is coming..... and the quick and polite response to pliskow are also positives.  Thanks for posting that exchange.  Hopefully we get some news soon so we can smoothly reup.  It would be nice if they kept our history in case seniority has some significance down the road (as it does for PJ's fan club).

Mr. White

Quote from: APR on Mar 10, 2017, 03:49 PM

Their lack of knowledge is encouraging in a way.  Meaning that I agree with Parker that WU could be out of the loop indicating a change is coming..... and the quick and polite response to pliskow are also positives.  Thanks for posting that exchange.  Hopefully we get some news soon so we can smoothly reup.  It would be nice if they kept our history in case seniority has some significance down the road (as it does for PJ's fan club).

I agree with APR. I've been a member (non-stop) of this Fan Club since it was first introduced. I had only just begun my journey with this band back in October 2010 after seeing them live at the KFC Yum! Center when I took a chance on them. The Roll Call Fan Club started right after that. I pre-ordered the Circuital Deluxe Box Set bundled with my Roll Call membership and have renewed each and every year. The only mistake I made was to jump on the 18 month extension version a couple of years ago, and this caused me to miss out on the peacock poster and the extra special bonus 7 inch record. If they had e-mailed us who got the 18 month version that they would be sending out the extra bonus 7 inch, I would have given them even more of my money. My membership "expired" on February 6, 2017. Let me spend more money! I just got paid today (to paraphrase ZZ Top).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

buymycar

Quote from: APR on Mar 10, 2017, 03:49 PM

Seniority in the 10 Club is a lot less significant than it used to be.

dexter

i emaild them and also got the "out of stock" line, which makes zero sense.  my membership expired and at no time would it add to my existing membership if i purchased another one a year ago, i actually tried that and it didnt work.  a 2017 version was never offered anywhere

so right now i am expired and dont see the point in buying the regular. 

millerjustin

tour tickets go on sale Friday and no presale announcement from MMJ or WU yet - unless WU announces something this morning, they are toast
What's in here won't disappear

parkervb

so no presale for these dates and no new Roll Call. I can see a scenario where they launch a new club with some sort of details about the next album. It would make sense to tie the two together to gather maximum interest. 
Don't you ever turn it off

bowwowmeowmeow

Roll Call presale announced today.
https://mymorningjacket.com/news/289023

But note at the bottom:
Not a Roll Call member? Join here now. Please note, only digital memberships will be available this year.

oistheone

So only digital memberships are available but there's still a deluxe member presale? Huh? Wouldn't those all be expired now?

bowwowmeowmeow

It's pretty ridiculous. But mine doesn't expire until July 2017 because I renewed in July 2016.

amskinz

I was one of the smart/dumb people to reup every time they offered, so mine doesn't expire until February of 2018. It's unfortunate many will have to buy a digital membership just for these shows. I'm guessing It's the easiest option the band had to deal as little with WU the rest of this year as possible. Let's hope it means a new partnership will roll out next year and we'll all be much happier.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

dexter

Quote from: amskinz on Mar 13, 2017, 10:37 AM
I was one of the smart/dumb people to reup every time they offered, so mine doesn't expire until February of 2018. It's unfortunate many will have to buy a digital membership just for these shows. I'm guessing It's the easiest option the band had to deal as little with WU the rest of this year as possible. Let's hope it means a new partnership will roll out next year and we'll all be much happier.

this implies it was offered in feb 2017?  i never saw that