PLEASE release the taping of Portland, ME 2010-10-15 PLEASE

Started by Johnny_Yac, Nov 04, 2010, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 11, 2017, 04:57 PM
JOHNNY YOU GOT YER FAVORITE SHOW ON TAPE NOW! FINALLY!!!!! hell yes! how did you get it finally?!?!?

We seriously must hear the full story, this is too intriguing, just like the Columbus 2012 taper, just not daring to budge on it. Jerk! I gotta say you shouldn't have waited that long man, if that was me who taped it I put it out the next chance I've got, it doesn't belong to me, it belongs to ALL Jacket fans, let alone the people like you who were there.

BUT OH MY GAWWWD CHILLS?!?!?!? I'm just about to listen to it live for the first time EVER.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

MY MORNIN JACK-ATTACK

oh my hell that Chills is beautifully perfect. Carl with all this reverb and delay billows coming outta his guitar, Jim reaching those angelic notes perfectly, Bo and Carl helping him too. Ohhhhhhh man. THANK YOU JOHNNY! and thank you belatedly, Lynchie!

Well, this gives me hope that my favorite Jacket show (C'bus 2012) will eventually surface.  I had some hopes earlier this year but nothing has surfaced yet.  There is still hope though!!!   :beer:

iLikeBeer

BTW, I too can't wait to give this show a listen.  That setlist is REEEEEEDICULOUS!!!

Monkeyboy

My life is complete now, thank you Johnny!  I dusted myself off from the crypt to emerge for Portland last night and so glad I did.  While waiting in the pit, Johnny emails me the Portland show and I break out in tears as I share the news with everyone around me (total strangers).  Great night but nothing like this NIGHT in Portland!!!  The most holy of shows for me and My Morning Jacket.

Thank you and appreciation to the taper. 
Bos 06,08,11,12 RCMH 08, Burlington 10, Portland 10, T5-ISM,Z,EU 10, Bangor 11, Newport 12

subinai

Lynchie

Looks like me finally getting this show out was timed just right! I won't wait 7yrs to get last nights smoker out.

I promise!

johnnYYac

Quote from: Lynchie on Jul 12, 2017, 03:53 PM
Looks like me finally getting this show out was timed just right! I won't wait 7yrs to get last nights smoker out.

I promise!

God bless the tapers. You assholes in Vermont need to buy this man many beers tonight!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

CountSA

Lynchie is the man!! He hooked me up with Carl's solo show from last summer. 

Looking forward to hearing last night's show.

zordonsbigtits

Hey guys will the Portland show be up on the live recordings site?

It was my first MMJ show and i'd like to buy the recording of the show that melted my face off 100x

This show was fucking ridiculous, non-stop destruction at the end!

:cheesy: :beer:

MMJTX

Quote from: zordonsbigtits on Jul 13, 2017, 12:07 PM
Hey guys will the Portland show be up on the live recordings site?

It was my first MMJ show and i'd like to buy the recording of the show that melted my face off 100x

This show was fucking ridiculous, non-stop destruction at the end!

:cheesy: :beer:

Very very doubtful, but sounds like Lynchie was there taping and will put it up on the archive website and you can listen to it through the Relisten app on iPhone.
Anytime

Lonndown27

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

https://archive.org/details/MMJPortland2010

dont know if it works yet for all of you who dont have it already but i got it uploaded today it said it may not show up in steam engines for 48 hours? 

but yeah THANK U LYNCHIE!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

searchinbig

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 07, 2017, 10:13 PM

dont know if it works yet for all of you who dont have it already but i got it uploaded today it said it may not show up in steam engines for 48 hours? 

Hey Lonndown....

Thanks for uploading. Do you know which files you uploaded? Is it the original tapers Flac files or the Mp3 from Yac??

Thanks.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Lonndown27

Quote from: searchinbig on Aug 08, 2017, 07:42 AM

Hey Lonndown....

Thanks for uploading. Do you know which files you uploaded? Is it the original tapers Flac files or the Mp3 from Yac??

Thanks.

we never got the FLAC files to my knowledge just the MP3s , but if they're in FLAC somewhere and I can get them then I will upload them again as FLAC too

johnnYYac

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 08, 2017, 08:45 AM

Hey Lonndown....

Thanks.

we never got the FLAC files to my knowledge just the MP3s , but if they're in FLAC somewhere and I can get them then I will upload them again as FLAC too
Lynchie sent me the show on three CDs, which I ripped as mp3s. It was the only way to grab the audio from the CDs. Maybe Lynchie can provide the FLACs sometime.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 09, 2017, 03:17 PM

Hey Lonndown....

Thanks.

Lynchie sent me the show on three CDs, which I ripped as mp3s. It was the only way to grab the audio from the CDs. Maybe Lynchie can provide the FLACs sometime.

it didn't matter much to me because it sounds so fucking perfect already, I dont know why it ever matters unless there's an attainable higher quality. THIS IS the highest quality and it IS high quality. It really is one of the best shows, setlist and band quality wise combined with sound wise and a perfect taping makes for JACKET HEAVEN. Seriously peoples, if you haven't heard this, you MUST.

All the dues go to Lynchie and Johnny for bringing this mystery to light and life.

searchinbig

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 09, 2017, 03:17 PM

Hey Lonndown....

Thanks.

Thanks John for clearing that up. I'm totally happy and grateful to hear this, I just thought there might be a higher res version available.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Lonndown27

im having a hard time knowing how to insert this upload into the My Morning Jacket collection...instead it keeps being labeled community audio and i dont know how to change it so people browsing through the MMJ collection can stumble upon this show without having to be in the know.

opsopcopolis

You'll most likely have to send an email to etree@archive.org and ask them to switch it for you. You have to do that in the upload phase

CTdeadhead

I can't seem to connect to media fire via that link .   Can anyone help me grab this show?