Carl covers Beck

Started by CC, Jul 29, 2017, 11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

"When I first heard about this 'Open Road' playlist project I immediately thought of Beck's 'The Golden Age,'" Broemel tells Consequence of Sound. "The original song is such a masterpiece, the sounds and production are impeccable, it is restrained and yet so powerful. I thought it might be fun to approach the song in a more live feeling bombastic way...more like Neil Young Crazy Horse might have played it."

The full list of personnel is as follows: "Russ Pollard from Everest on drums, Tom Blankenship from My Morning Jacket on bass, Adam Landry producer for Deer Tick on guitar, Robbie Crowell from Deer Tick on keys, and Caitlin Rose on vocals. Teddy Morgan engineered and Bill Reynolds mixing."

listen here:
https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/07/my-morning-jackets-carl-broemel-covers-becks-the-golden-age-stream/

Mr. White

I wasn't going to upload this to YouTube because the sound is kind of loud and blatty at points during the song, but the quieter parts and the general feel of the song make it worth watching/listening to.

Thanks for prompting me to share this CC Baxter.

Carl Broemel - "The Golden Age" (Beck Cover) - Musicians Corner - Centennial Park - Nashville, Tennessee - Saturday, June 3, 2017 (Audio is too loud at points but well worth watching.)

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

cshum372

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 29, 2017, 02:27 PM
I wasn't going to upload this to YouTube because the sound is kind of loud and blatty at points during the song, but the quieter parts and the general feel of the song make it worth watching/listening to.

Thanks for prompting me to share this CC Baxter.

Carl Broemel - "Golden Age" (Beck Cover) - Musicians Corner - Centennial Park - Nashville, Tennessee - Saturday, June 3, 2017 (Audio is too loud at points but well worth watching.)

awesome reindition of a great song!

Lonndown27

holy shit i saw this today, your video Mr. White and it melted my soul.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

MMJ_fanatic

Such a great song for Carl to cover, I love Sea Change and this song along with Guess I'm Doing Fine take me to another universe
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.