Columbus, OH 2012 appears...

Started by johnnYYac, Aug 10, 2017, 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Just as my long, sought after Portland 2010 taping surfaced on the day MMJ returned to Portland, the long-lost Columbus 2012 taping surfaces on the day MMJ returns to Columbus.

Listen to My Morning Jacket Columbus OH 2012 by AMD #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-999308834/sets/my-morning-jacket-columbus-oh-2012
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

searchinbig

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 10, 2017, 11:20 AM
Just as my long, sought after Portland 2010 taping surfaced on the day MMJ returned to Portland, the long-lost Columbus 2012 taping surfaces on the day MMJ returns to Columbus.

Listen to My Morning Jacket Columbus OH 2012 by AMD #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-999308834/sets/my-morning-jacket-columbus-oh-2012

Thanks for posting that find! What an amazing setlist.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

parkervb

courtesy of forum member brocklanders.

what a great setlist. Come Closer is perfect right before the Carried Away-Lay Low-Run Thru-Anytime-OBH run that is almost too good to believe.
Don't you ever turn it off

Lonndown27

he found out how to do it last night....I knew it was coming hahahahahaha this is even better than expected oh my fucking christ

OH SOLDIER YOU LOOK SO STRONG....
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

View Profile    Email  Personal Message (Online)
Re: COLUMBUS2012
« Sent to: brocklanders on: Yesterday at 12:51 PM » ReplyQuoteDelete
Quote from: brocklanders on Yesterday at 12:18 PM
First, sorry I haven't gotten any farther with this.  I had issues uploading and after a few hours of messing with it, I gave up.  Meant to get back to it but life got in the way and forgot.  I think my problem was converting the music files into MP3 files.  I'll try again this week and worst case, will mail a copy  to you and maybe you can have better luck.  Nothing sketchy, just want to share it and not have my computer savvy, or lack of, interfere with it.  Thought to burn it and be done with it and maybe someone else would have better luck file sharing it.

How I got the music?  There was a taper at the show standing in front of where my wife and I were sitting.  He asked if his equipment would be a nuisance to us.  I said no problem but asked if he would send me a copy of the show. 

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 07, 2017, 06:18 PM
Brock you could try to upload it again on archive.org I can help you.

Just drag and drop the MP3 files from their folder and drag them into the uploader on archive.org.

Your original upload only had a single xfm file or something, so you must've selected the wrong thing to drop into the uploader.

Where it says Choose Files To Upload, click on that button and it'll pull up the FINDER of your computer, containing all of your files. Search for Columbus 2012 and it'll show ALL 25 songs from the show all you do is drag and drop and make sure they're all included and then watch it upload. That's all bro! Try it that way and save yourself some postage!

ooooooh hell yeah man!!! send the show ASAP ill even send back postage in return seriously i'm dying for this show at least try to make it sent out before the weekend if you could! also, if they are FLAC files and thats what the problem is, converting them into MP3s , the program ALL2MP3 is a free and extremely easy converter. Just drag and drop and convert and they go right back into the folder, this time as MP3 duplicates. It's 100% free and just googling ALL2MP3 would probably get an easy way to download it. Anyway I can help, anything I can do to speed this up (this is a show I've been dying to hear, as with every single Jacket fan and it's quite amazing that you're the only one this taper gave the show to) .

Thank you so much for this Brock! Seriously just send the discs if you dont wanna deal with them but also burning FLAC files to discs doesn't always work. That ALL2MP3 FLAC converter (if these ARE FLAC files) would make it a breeze to convert and then send them that way or upload them to archive.org that way. You can also upload them in the files they are and archive.org should upload it just fine.

If you have a moment this would be unbelievably appreciated. I can even send money if you need that prodding to send it out or upload it bro, I'm serious about that.

A LITTLE PRODDING NEVER HURT ANYONE......

BROCK.....YOU'RE THE BEST MAN....DRINKS OR JOINTS ON ME.....I guess i'm skipping work today
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

CHIMMJFAN ITS HERE BABY!!!!

my review so far:

WHAT A WHITE HOT "XMAS CURTAIN" THAT IS!!! I dunno what drug this band was on that night but my god they were in some otherworldly avenue as told so much before. It's literally the best version of Xmas Curtain I've ever heard. It's my #1 right now, it's that divine. My other favorites were RR2012 and the Okonokos version, as well as CappyTheatre2012. That was  TOO good. Carl is just melting my mind with that Duane Allman-esque slide..what a burner too bad we have three missing tracks before this that were probably earth melting.

that COME CLOSER is divine. Carl's fluttery Les Paul guitar work is divine!! I really wish this went on longer and included them doing the outro lead part, but oh well i am so fucking happy to have heard this finally! THIS IS MAGIC!! 2012 was their greatest year touring....the shows they played were outta control. They push the limits! It feels so special to hear this...when I saw this first thing when I woke up i grabbed my headphones put them on and put Come Closer on full blast and laid back listening with eyes closed to this majesty. Oh my god they capture the vibe of the studio version PERFECT. I didn't think it was possible for it to sound this amazing.

CHIMMJFAN your head's gonna spin!  :cool:

As for the rest of this perfect show, it's full of some unbelievable gems: that Hopefully with the audience clapping participation and the fans going nuts IS BLISS! What a goddamn perfect way to start an encore! Jim's speech after Hopefully is beautiful! Saying he has a weird circular vibe every time he goes there and feels like he's there quite often in "circular orbit" or something hahha with another mention to Jim's many walks around that town.

Not a fan of Tyrone, but this was a fantastic performance!! I ALWAYS skip Tyrones...this one wasn't skipped. Says a lot about the band on this night and frankly that year of 2012 (so fucking thankful that I saw them in the perfect month of August 2012) .

That "O Is The One That Is Real" is just sexy and outrageously heavy and rockin. Might be one of my all time O's...this one was right up there with that steamy and molten lava burnin version off of OKONOKOS, with a really cool strange outro jam that segues from it into a very heady and expansive version of Touch Me II.

Besides Come Closer, the coolest thing about this show is this Steam Engine closer. This IS the greatest Steam EVER. I have many favorites and they all have to go scoot to one side right now. That included: 5/31/2011 Louisville Palace, 8/17/2012 Mann Center, 1/31/15 OBH w/ Granduciel and of course BOTH Bonnaroo 2004 and Bonnaroo 2008, but this 19 minute behemoth has it all. It slowly builds over 7 and a half minutes before the "fact that my heart's beating" part makes it even MORE EPIC and emotional when it hits to those G-A chords . those ridiculous drum fills by Patrick during that explosion at the 7 and a half to 8 and a half minute part are just outrageous....this guy IS the reincarnation of John fucking Bonham.

Jim is yelping with the gods, singing the way that he sings from a mountain on high in the universe of the mind. This is just magical waves of tectonic bliss coming from the two growling and snarling guitars of Carl and Jim as Steam Engine heads for the black hole sun of the toggle switch tremolo of Jim's black or sunburst ES335. The jam it enters into at 10 minutes is absolutely stunning, it doesn't mess the Steam up or go into some brainless jam, it reaches to the skies with peeling lead guitar lines from Carl and then Jim and Carl begin some dueling bends on the bridge theme. This is like the prophets coming to our land, unafraid and with gifts of virtuous bounty.
This is insanity guys.....Brock Landers I apologize for even thinking you may be a troll who was trying to take advantage of our obsession with MMJ and this show because of the rarities, the vibe, the length, everything and you delivered bro. I appreciate it, and as you can see, SO DOES the entire Jacket community. If only the taper would come to his sense and send out Heartbreakin Man and the next two from Circuital that are off of the show, missing in action. Something I doubt highly, just some tapers do these types of subtractions or additions (little sounds at certain times in the show) to spot who circulated what show of theirs. No doubt this hoarding taper did that.

THANK YOU Brock Landers or we may have never gotten to hear this show, thanks to the hoarding taper. If I had something this good I'd wanna share it. Wouldn't you? Thank you Brock for doing that brotha.

:cool: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Murph

It really is the best setlist I can remember seeing.  Come Closer has to make a reappearance somewhere down the line.  Amazing recording THANK YOU

parkervb

Quote from: Murph on Aug 11, 2017, 08:57 AM
It really is the best setlist I can remember seeing.  Come Closer has to make a reappearance somewhere down the line.  Amazing recording THANK YOU

there's some $$ setlists in 2012 for sure.
Don't you ever turn it off

iLikeBeer

I said after that show that was the best setlist I've seen in person in an non-multi night run.

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 11, 2017, 01:29 PM

there's some $$ setlists in 2012 for sure.

Spontaneous Curation was such a good thing!!!  I wish they would bring it back!!!

MOWJO8185

Sooo is there a way to download this?

joberschlake

Lonndown27

Quote from: joberschlake on Aug 11, 2017, 04:41 PM
Is it available in FLAC?

who cares, its actually available at all for the first time ever!

but i think those are the FLAC files actually because they werent MP3s , Brock had a hard time trying to convert whatever files they were ( he never said) to MP3

joberschlake

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 12, 2017, 04:18 PM
Is it available in FLAC?

but i think those are the FLAC files actually because they werent MP3s , Brock had a hard time trying to convert whatever files they were ( he never said) to MP3

Who cares???  Some of us would like to Download a high quality copy to have vs having to stream from SoundCloud.  I don't think the question was out of line.  Right now it's not downloadable.

Lonndown27

Quote from: joberschlake on Aug 12, 2017, 04:41 PM
Is it available in FLAC?

Who cares???  Some of us would like to Download a high quality copy to have vs having to stream from SoundCloud.  I don't think the question was out of line.  Right now it's not downloadable.

im not saying it was out of line i'm just saying this holy grail just came out, let's give a second before wishing for the world. We just finally got our long lost show finally out there to be heard. No offense meant bro.

joberschlake

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 14, 2017, 02:18 PM
Quote from: joberschlake on Aug 12, 2017, 04:41 PM
Is it available in FLAC?

im not saying it was out of line i'm just saying this holy grail just came out, let's give a second before wishing for the world. We just finally got our long lost show finally out there to be heard. No offense meant bro.

No offense taking, sorry if my response came across that way! I can't stream SoundCloud at work so that's why I was looking for a download option!!

johnnYYac

I would have sworn it was downloadable when I first got wind of its existence. I also didn't realize it was missing the first three songs. I've contacted to OP to see if we can get it downloadable and to find out its origin story. Stay tuned...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 15, 2017, 05:04 PM
I would have sworn it was downloadable when I first got wind of its existence. I also didn't realize it was missing the first three songs. I've contacted to OP to see if we can get it downloadable and to find out its origin story. Stay tuned...

hell yeah Johnny! this is so weird. Brock Landers is a badass for leaking it finally, but Brock please lets get this off of soundcloud , which is supposedly going under soon. lets get this to the people. I thin this may be Ryan Pickett leaking this to the fans or something , without the first three tracks so that we'll buy the livedownloads full show  they'll release of Columbus 2012 in a few years hahah, just a jokey theory.

joberschlake

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 15, 2017, 08:49 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 15, 2017, 05:04 PM

hell yeah Johnny! this is so weird. Brock Landers is a badass for leaking it finally, but Brock please lets get this off of soundcloud , which is supposedly going under soon. lets get this to the people. I thin this may be Ryan Pickett leaking this to the fans or something , without the first three tracks so that we'll buy the livedownloads full show  they'll release of Columbus 2012 in a few years hahah, just a jokey theory.

Agreed, let's get a downloadable release PLEASE!

Lonndown27

this is gonna be extremely interesting to see what comes down the pipes on this show....

one big holiday?
more like
one big fuckin mystery!

thanks Johnny for digging up some info, I tried my best with Brock but man that dood was like a locked gate with a mail chute, just little bits of information and then slams shut, little bit here, little bit there and shut again. I hope for our documentation's sake you have better luck with him.

This show is still surreal to me every time i put it on. I cannot believe it's here. Can you guys and gals???

searchinbig

Well I could not take it any more so I ended up recording and tracking the stream. Not the greatest, probably at least third gen, and who knows what was uploaded but at least I can listen to this amazing show while going mobile.

Thanks for sharing this and hopefully the original files will be uploaded at some point. Fingers crossed!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."