After seeing night 3 setlist........

Started by rna2525, Dec 31, 2017, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rna2525

I will have a VERY good idea what MMJ live album will be from what shows when it comes out whenever it comes out.

Look for my follow up w reasons tomorrow .Happy new year family.

rna2525

Ok,

Just my thoughts too many covers on this run & not enough rarities if any at all.I think they left tons on the table and the shows really were not thought out that much.Maybe since it was NYE shows they "had" to play certain songs.Nothing off either Carls amazing new album & JJ two new albums.

Im sure all obviously amazing shows But if a live album is gonna make it is 200% BEACON SHOWS.

I also bet they do that beacon run on a more consistent basis.It just suites them too much.

this looks to me as a new album in maybe fall 2018 with a monster 2 years in 2019-20 of touring.

If this is true it would mean LA would not have had a proper show since 2012 at welter.The gig at shrine for waterfall doesn't even count at all.

let me see what you guys think.

millerjustin

I agree that if they release a new live album, it will be Beacon '15.  much different logic, but same conclusion
What's in here won't disappear

midwesterner

I honestly would prefer more complete shows being released than a live album pulled from a multi night run.

Mhurley8

In a recent interview Jim said the live record was done or "in the bag" so I def dont' think it will be last weeks shows

I think you right that it could be the Beacon run or my second guess would be Red Rocks two night run Memorial day weekend 2016.

Hopefully we wont have to wait long for an answer.

Maxwell North

Quote from: rna2525 on Jan 01, 2018, 11:59 PM

If this is true it would mean LA would not have had a proper show since 2012 at welter.The gig at shrine for waterfall doesn't even count at all.

I agree about the Shrine show (my personal least favorite show I  have attended) and that LA is definitely long over due for a proper MMJ show or run. Hopefully we will get a multi night run in the near future... But it looks like we will be waiting at least another year :-(

gardenparty

Quote from: Maxwell North on Jan 09, 2018, 12:10 AM
Quote from: rna2525 on Jan 01, 2018, 11:59 PM

I agree about the Shrine show (my personal least favorite show I  have attended) and that LA is definitely long over due for a proper MMJ show or run. Hopefully we will get a multi night run in the near future... But it looks like we will be waiting at least another year :-(
Yeah, why was that Shrine show so bad?  I think Dr Dog opened as well

rna2525

Its (shrine) too big of a venue on a college campus....Seemed like tons of free tickets were given away to kids who go to school at usc & hadn't even heard of the band like I'm sure with many concerts on weeknights at shrine & absolutely a very commercial show.Ive been to over 20 mmj in my life with not even a hint of a bad show except for this one.

walterfredo

with the exception of my car getting backed into in the parking lot after the show, I enjoyed the Shrine. By no means would I classify it as a top level MMJ show, but I have never NOT enjoyed an MMJ show. Free tickets and college kids have zero effect on my level of enjoyment of a show. I guess it was bad because you didn't get to select the set list of your choice.

Maxwell North

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 11, 2018, 01:12 PM
with the exception of my car getting backed into in the parking lot after the show, I enjoyed the Shrine. By no means would I classify it as a top level MMJ show, but I have never NOT enjoyed an MMJ show. Free tickets and college kids have zero effect on my level of enjoyment of a show. I guess it was bad because you didn't get to select the set list of your choice.

I enjoyed myself at the show and have always had a good time at any mmj show. I just felt  this show was slighty "lackluster" and I have no memory of any stand out moments of this show. All the other shows I have been to have had multiple stand out moments to me personally whether it was "busting out" a song they haven't played in while, a song you have been wanting to hear live, the flow of set list, or a particular version/extended jam of a song. I personally don't have memory of anything particular standing out at this show making memorable or special. The show also seemed shorter to me than normal (not sure if that is fact or just my perception). I still had a great time and enjoyed the music(I also really liked the poster from that night). I am also well aware/use to California's (specifically LA) uninspiring crowds/audiences

walterfredo

Quote from: Maxwell North on Jan 11, 2018, 09:58 PM

I enjoyed myself at the show and have always had a good time at any mmj show. I just felt  this show was slighty "lackluster" and I have no memory of any stand out moments of this show. All the other shows I have been to have had multiple stand out moments to me personally whether it was "busting out" a song they haven't played in while, a song you have been wanting to hear live, the flow of set list, or a particular version/extended jam of a song. I personally don't have memory of anything particular standing out at this show making memorable or special. The show also seemed shorter to me than normal (not sure if that is fact or just my perception). I still had a great time and enjoyed the music(I also really liked the poster from that night). I am also well aware/use to California's (specifically LA) uninspiring crowds/audiences

I'd say spot on with that assessment.

gardenparty

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 11, 2018, 10:26 PM
Quote from: Maxwell North on Jan 11, 2018, 09:58 PM

I'd say spot on with that assessment.

LA is tough for the jacket.  The Pantages and Greek shows were rough as well
however, the Wiltern and GibsonTheater shows were exceptional. 
I think they should do the Wiltern every time.

walterfredo

I think LA is tough for most bands in general.

Unfortunately I was unable to make the Wiltern run, but I was at pretty much every other LA show over the last several years. I thought the Gibson was great, but I also thought the Pantages was great. 

LA Greek in 08 may have been the most apathetic crowd I have ever seen for an MMJ show. People sitting everywhere. Having come from the Berkeley Greek two nights prior, where the place was about to explode...to the LA Greek, complete 180 with the crowd. It is definitely an LA thing.

rincon2

I saw the Santa Barbara Bowl show in '15, and 2 nights layer the Shrine show. I was ready for a mix up. It was almost the same show. I was a bit bummed. Then they played a show in San Diego that was full of sleepers. The Gibson show was weird. Hard to say why, sound problems? Too much beer? Waltfredo. I think you were the guy at the Shrine show right in front of Carl jumping up and down, sometimes on my feet.