1st Bank Center 12/30/2017

Started by dcfire, Dec 30, 2017, 08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Quote from: ericm on Jan 06, 2018, 03:19 PM
Great pic John and it was good to see you again. :thumbsup:  :cool:

Very cool you got to hang with the guys for a few, and I'm happy for ya.  :beer:

Amazingly cool!!   Yac..... would you care to elaborate on the experience?  Like what did you talk about and stuff like that?

rkwedge

Quote from: APR on Jan 25, 2018, 09:26 AM

Very cool you got to hang with the guys for a few, and I'm happy for ya.  :beer:

Amazingly cool!!   Yac..... would you care to elaborate on the experience?  Like what did you talk about and stuff like that?
My guess, Yac was still pitching himself playing his omnichord with them. :wink:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Lonndown27

hahahah i think he gave up with that one and just was excited to meet them. Either way, Johnny will never tell! hahahah I already tried! but i think he just said thank you for everything you do as a band and that we love them, is what I would guess.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

johnnYYac

Quote from: APR on Jan 25, 2018, 09:26 AM

We waited near the VIP lounge after the show, where Eric Mayers came to get us. He led us down a hallway and asked us to wait.

A few minutes later, the guys came out, all cleaned up from the show and in their street clothes. We hugged, I introduced Dan (Hawkeye), then thanked Jim for the support they gave me when I was sick. Told him about how coming out of life support fucked with my head such that their music didn't sound right at first and i also had trouble seeing colors. Thankfully, a few days later, I was able to enjoy music again.

I thanked Tom, said hi to his wife, and told him my wife loves watching him when she goes to a show. I asked Carl if rumors of a break up had any relationship to reality. He assured me they do not. Got a big hug from Patrick and thanked him for the band's kindness and asked him how his mom was doing.

I reminded Bo of our first meeting, in Portland, ME on October 16, 2010. He thought it was when I ran into the band (minus Tom) at Mountain Jam, but we realized that was the following June. I was impressed he remembered.

A little more small talk with each of the guys, then we were shooed away by Eric Mayers, who was trying to herd the guys to the next thing. It was about 20 minutes or so.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

walterfredo

clearly your memory is sharper than mine in post-show conditions.

johnnYYac

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 25, 2018, 07:17 PM
Oh, there's a lot of fog in my recollection, but the above is my best account. I have no idea what Hawkeye was up to, kind of had blinders on. Spent most of my time talking with Jim, as I'd never really had a chance to speak with him before. Glad Eric Mayers offered to take a picture to remind me this actually happened!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 26, 2018, 05:15 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 25, 2018, 07:17 PM
Oh, there's a lot of fog in my recollection, but the above is my best account. I have no idea what Hawkeye was up to, kind of had blinders on. Spent most of my time talking with Jim, as I'd never really had a chance to speak with him before. Glad Eric Mayers offered to take a picture to remind me this actually happened!

THIS IS SO COOL it was awesome to see you all excited  before Johnny hahah you were rearing to go!!! These people are beautiful not just musically but as human fuckin beings. Its such a big part of why i love them. So cool you talked to Jim that much too wowza hahah Johnny has the acetate of the new live album im telling you!!!!!  :cool: :lipsrsealed: :wink: :wink:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Hes in cahoots with Jim for an all omnichord cover album of Rush's Hemispheres album

APR

That's so awesome Yac.  Thanks for sharing.  And very nice of Eric to suggest and get the photo.  Very special night.   I'm sure Dan was beyond stoked.  I don't know if you are aware but an usher came up to Dan worried about his well being (I think it was night 1), but he was fine and resting.

Varitek

Very cool stuff all the way round johnYYac, thanks for sharing the moment
"Did he just put on a cape?"

Lonndown27

this night was so epic.... 2 hours and 35 minutes of Jacket primal fury. Everything was so impeccable. The first night steals it as my favorite, the second is second and the third is third but I love them all for so many different reasons. My Itunes shows that I listen the most to the NYE night, then barely below that in plays is the 12/29 show, basically was my dream setlist, minus a few bells and whistles but the meat of the thing was everything i needed as a Jacket fan who'd only seen them twice before this Denver experience.

I will never forget it.
I am so glad I said fuck you to my work and got it pushed through.
I don't even work at that liquor store anymore so I'm glad i didn't sacrifice this shit for just some dumb job.

Words cannot describe.
But i'm so glad Pat Myers is alive
To film this band's magic powers
Ruling the stage for hours and hours
the band
the people in the band
the boys in the band
do it and do it again
on rock and roll command
good god damn
what a band
love these fans

heynow1

the first time was sweet! picture of you was wild. people screaming the words all around me. passion comes with that song. i was hoping to hear When we were young
time is a stripper doin it just for you

RobRoy286

Best show I've ever seen. Can't believe they played America and The First Time.

jttouch2

Listened back to some of this today and MAN I really hope The First Time sticks around in the long-term rotation. Some great blissful sounds and room for it to really grow, that final passage where both Bo and Tom get some improvised licks in is awesome and would be so cool to see get extended out further. Keeping it paired with Steam a lot of the time would be cool too, really gets it in a nice jammy-section and a great comedown from the emotional highs of Steam.

RobRoy286

Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 13, 2018, 11:19 PM
Listened back to some of this today and MAN I really hope The First Time sticks around in the long-term rotation. Some great blissful sounds and room for it to really grow, that final passage where both Bo and Tom get some improvised licks in is awesome and would be so cool to see get extended out further. Keeping it paired with Steam a lot of the time would be cool too, really gets it in a nice jammy-section and a great comedown from the emotional highs of Steam.
Probably the biggest "really?!" moment I've ever had at a show. If it isn't that, it's America. My favorite show I've ever been to.

jttouch2

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Dec 14, 2018, 08:29 AM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 13, 2018, 11:19 PM
Probably the biggest "really?!" moment I've ever had at a show. If it isn't that, it's America. My favorite show I've ever been to.

It's my favorite show as well, those 3 songs back to back to back was a KILLER run that also immediately got bested by that ridiculous encore. Great great stuff.