First known MMJ show?

Started by walterfredo, May 10, 2018, 11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Anyone know the actual date of the first time they played under the MMJ name? I believe it was in 1999, correct? Just wondering if there is any chance of a 20 year anniversary show next year.

Mr. White

Don't know if this is the first time but it was in 1999.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

walterfredo

the first show listed in the archives is 3-17-99 at the Twice Told Coffeehouse in L'ville. Just wondering if that was actually the first time,or if at this point anyone actually knows or remembers.

CC

yes that was the 1st show

here's the 1st live photo (from the 2nd show)
© Michele Korfhage

millerjustin

Quote from: CC Baxter on May 10, 2018, 01:33 PM
yes that was the 1st show

here's the 1st live photo (from the 2nd show)
© Michele Korfhage

babies!  I'm really hoping the 20-year anniversary gets them back together next year
What's in here won't disappear

walterfredo

Thanks CC!

3-17-19 20th anny show in the ville? I could see it happening!

rkwedge

Quote from: walterfredo on May 10, 2018, 04:15 PM
Thanks CC!

I would be there  :thumbsup: That would be a special show.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

APR

Quote from: rkwedge on May 10, 2018, 05:18 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on May 10, 2018, 04:15 PM
Thanks CC!

I would be there  :thumbsup: That would be a special show.

Great idea.  I'm in.  MMJ 20.... unbelievable. 

Jbpats

I wonder why OBH didn't get released until It Still moves if they were playing it in 1999.

jttouch2

Quote from: Jbpats on May 18, 2018, 10:14 AM
I wonder why OBH didn't get released until It Still moves if they were playing it in 1999.
he sat on it til it fit in with a more rock and roll record like It Still Moves. bold move, but I'd say it paid off  :grin:

Lonndown27

Quote from: jttouch2 on May 19, 2018, 02:37 AM
Quote from: Jbpats on May 18, 2018, 10:14 AM
he sat on it til it fit in with a more rock and roll record like It Still Moves. bold move, but I'd say it paid off  :grin:

it's an extremely bold move but look at this, some of the best bands did that and it not only extended their careers, it made them gigantic:

- Guns N Roses held off releasing so many songs for a four year period in between their first and second records, they put off releasing a lot of huge songs

- so many of Neil Young's songs

- the Grateful Dead could've put out a powerhouse album that would've been their masterpiece in 1971-1972 but saved all of those songs for their own solo records and to play live, some of them ending up on Skulls and Roses and Europe 72

- Rolling Stones held over Tumbling Dice (called Good Time Women at the time of recording), Let It Loose one of the best Stones ballads, Shine A Light, All Down The Line, Loving Cup, Sweet Virginia and many more from the Let It Bleed sessions clear until they were finally released on Exile On Main Street in all their glory. They also held over Sister Morphine from 1968's Beggar's Banquet sessions clear until it fit on the drugged out Sticky Fingers from 1971, still the greatest rock and roll record of all time, most likely next to Exile.

And then our great band did that....that's why they're better than the rest.
Smarter.
Skillful.
Songsmiths.
Sexier.
Stronger.
Better.

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018