Jim James pop up NY Show tomorrow night Rough Trade NYC

Started by Jbpats, May 21, 2018, 09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbpats

Just got the email. Tickets onsale at noon, man I wish i lived in NYC sometimes.
Sounds like he's playing the new album..

https://www.axs.com/events/354619/jim-james-tickets?skin=roughtrade&et_cid=adv_21_TBPJimJamesRT052118_25852_16508&jobid=40312511&et_rid=338705112&bid=10938909

This place looks TINY

This is interesting:
Please note: No cellphones, cameras or recording devices will be allowed at tomorrow's Rough Trade NYC performance. Upon arrival, all phones and smart watches will be secured in Yondr pouches that will be unlocked at the end of the show. Guests maintain possession of their phones throughout the night, and if needed, may access them at designated Phone Use Areas in the lobby. All guests are encouraged to print their tickets in advance to ensure a smooth entry process.

Murph

Wow thanks for posting this!  I'll most certainly be trying for a ticket.  Rough Trade probably holds around 300 people. 

Murph

Quote from: Murph on May 21, 2018, 09:15 AM
Wow thanks for posting this!  I'll most certainly be trying for a ticket.  Rough Trade probably holds around 300 people. 

show STARTS at 10:45PM.... it's a school night Jim!

Jbpats

Hoping he announces a few other dates, strange it's only NYC and LA and spread two months apart.
I need some Boston love.

subinai

Quote from: Murph on May 21, 2018, 09:26 AM

shows like this make me miss living in NYC but seeing that set time made me wince with pain. lol feelin' old!

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: Murph on May 21, 2018, 09:26 AM

Matt costa is on before him according to their website. I guess he figured he was in town and said why not

$20 is friggin tempting tho!!!! Ahhh!!!
And to get a sneak peak of the new album in full

RastaRunner5

Damn- 10:45... may be a shorter set tho... 90 minutes?

Jbpats

Quote from: RastaRunner5 on May 21, 2018, 10:57 AM
Damn- 10:45... may be a shorter set tho... 90 minutes?

I'd say a run through the album (45-60 minutes)? and a few encores Bermuda Highway/SOTA.
I'd put the whole show at an hour, maybe an hour 15.

RastaRunner5

Yeah- I agree with that.

Could be similar timing to the surprise 2016 sidewalk set in Soho.

Jbpats

wonder what the demand for this show will be, almost no notice and a super late start.
I'd think if you wanted to go you'd be able to fairly easily even with the 300 person venue

RastaRunner5

wow- must have sold out in seconds. No luck on my end.

dookie shoot bandit

Murph

I just dont get how a show can be sold out before they even go on sale?  I got nothing either

HA - but they're on StubHub already for $350. 

dondantears

Yep. It was sold out at 12:00 even. Pretty frustrating!

dookie shoot bandit

This is bullshit!
I bet in an hour... those $20 tix are on stub hub for $100!!

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: Murph on May 21, 2018, 12:07 PM
I just dont get how a show can be sold out before they even go on sale?  I got nothing either

HA - but they're on StubHub already for $350. 

Just saw your same post!! Haha
Wow that was fast!! And inflated

RastaRunner5

Jbpats

guess the scalpers were all over that one, sorry guys.

goldbondking

Just curious if even one fan on here was successful.