Jim James pop up NY Show tomorrow night Rough Trade NYC

Started by Jbpats, May 21, 2018, 09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmickid

Quote from: goldbondking on May 21, 2018, 01:04 PM
Just curious if even one fan on here was successful.

No but StubHub has gone down considerably from the $350 someone posted above.  I may bite the bullet now at $195.

FWIW I think I paid close to $100 per for floors (face) at Forest Hills last summer, while not MMJ, this is a pretty cool experience.

Murph

Quote from: cosmickid on May 21, 2018, 01:18 PM

No but StubHub has gone down considerably from the $350 someone posted above.  I may bite the bullet now at $195.

FWIW I think I paid close to $100 per for floors (face) at Forest Hills last summer, while not MMJ, this is a pretty cool experience.

Don't let the bastards win! Lol

midwesterner

When are we going to get a serious tour announcement. Seems like it should be soon.

RastaRunner5

Not sure if this will work, but if anyone has an extra ticket, please let me know.

I live in Park Slope and free tomorrow night.

cosmickid

Quote from: Murph on May 21, 2018, 02:30 PM
Quote from: cosmickid on May 21, 2018, 01:18 PM

Don't let the bastards win! Lol

Haha, good call.  I didn't pull the trigger.  It's down to $120 now.

adam_pliskow

I was one of the lucky ones.  Scored a single ticket during the on-sale.  Looking forward 2 tonight.

Murph

Quote from: adam_pliskow on May 22, 2018, 06:19 AM
I was one of the lucky ones.  Scored a single ticket during the on-sale.  Looking forward 2 tonight.

Awesome!  Have a blast and please report back

RastaRunner5

Have a great show to all who got tix.

I called the venue and no tickets for sale at the door.

I'm still going to try to see if I can get one outside.

warrenfse

Unreal show.  The new album sounds amazing, and I'm excited to hear alot of it again live.  Jim actually made a full-on rock album.  And the 4 song encore were reworked songs from his previous albums to make them fit more with the tone of the new album. 

Jbpats

Quote from: warrenfse on May 23, 2018, 09:28 AM
Unreal show.  The new album sounds amazing, and I'm excited to hear alot of it again live.  Jim actually made a full-on rock album.  And the 4 song encore were reworked songs from his previous albums to make them fit more with the tone of the new album.

Lots of guitar solo/jammy tunes or more alternative rock style tunes?

What did he play for the encore?
Was that cellphone policy strictly enforced? I assume we won't be getting any audio from this gig  :angry:

warrenfse

Encore was 4 songs:

Same Old Lie
Here in Spirit
A New Life
State of The Art

The tunes were much more jammy, but the solos were heavier, if that makes sense.

No Phones were strictly enforced.  Also, around 10:30, tickets became available again at the front door, so for those people seeing him in LA, don't give up

parkervb

Quote from: warrenfse on May 23, 2018, 09:46 AM
Encore was 4 songs:

Same Old Lie
Here in Spirit
A New Life
State of The Art

The tunes were much more jammy, but the solos were heavier, if that makes sense.

No Phones were strictly enforced.  Also, around 10:30, tickets became available again at the front door, so for those people seeing him in LA, don't give up

i am 100% here for heavy, jammy tunes.
Don't you ever turn it off

AlbertNiles

Wow, what a night! Not what I was expecting at all. I was envisioning the psychedelic/soul style of his previous solo albums but these songs were heavy! You know when MMJ get into that Sabbath/Danzig style of headbanger jams? There was plenty of that. Who knows how the recordings will sound but tonight was a pleasant surprise. Such a small venue too, easily the most intimate venue I've seen him play.

subinai

Quote from: AlbertNiles on May 23, 2018, 10:38 AM
Wow, what a night! Not what I was expecting at all. I was envisioning the psychedelic/soul style of his previous solo albums but these songs were heavy! You know when MMJ get into that Sabbath/Danzig style of headbanger jams? There was plenty of that. Who knows how the recordings will sound but tonight was a pleasant surprise. Such a small venue too, easily the most intimate venue I've seen him play.

wwhooaaaaaaa very excited to hear these songs!

Cameron

APR

Very exciting!  I'm ready for a heavy, guitar filled solo Jim.  I liked the last two albums, but this one sounds more Jacket-like.  My DVR is set to record Colbert tonight.

Thanks for the reports.  I'm glad some of you guys got in hopefully without resorting to Stubhub.  I hate letting the brokers win, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.   And it would be a bigger loss to miss the show entirely.   I paid extra for a Johnny Brendas show in Philly when Regions just came out...... totally worth it.

millerjustin

I am so unbelievably happy with this album - it's perfect.  scorching crazy horse fuzz and distortion on many songs and Jim reworked much of EE into this arrangement to make those songs so much heavier and guitar driven - imagine if Radiohead had released Kid A first, and later released The bends and reworked Kid A materials to fit the sound of the Bends.  minds a blown!

great night - he looked really comfortable - there was a who's who of industry there to take it all in (Clinch, Fricke, Tucker and his wife Laura, and even Chris Long bobbing his head up in the mezzanine)
What's in here won't disappear

oistheone

So who else is in the band? I read Seth was on bass. Dave on drums? Who is that second guitar?

rkwedge

Quote from: millerjustin on May 23, 2018, 12:41 PM
I am so unbelievably happy with this album - it's perfect.  scorching crazy horse fuzz and distortion on many songs and Jim reworked much of EE into this arrangement to make those songs so much heavier and guitar driven - imagine if Radiohead had released Kid A first, and later released The bends and reworked Kid A materials to fit the sound of the Bends.  minds a blown!

great night - he looked really comfortable - there was a who's who of industry there to take it all in (Clinch, Fricke, Tucker and his wife Laura, and even Chris Long bobbing his head up in the mezzanine)
Everything about this new album sounds great, now the 5 week wait!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Jbpats

Yea i'm getting pretty amped up for the new album/corresponding tour.
I personally loved his first two solo releases and if this one has more of a jacket feel then even better.