Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Oh my the last few minutes of Cobra are incredible. 
Hopefully was another one that just really hit me listening to night 1.  An outstanding version of a beautiful song.

As far as Into the Woods, Jim's voice in the early part of the song was really scratchy.  I bet he realized that and the second half he refocused and did a clear and different type of vocal.  I credit him instead of production tricks,etc.

Welcome mmjaus!!  You were rewarded big time after missing T5.  Super lucky!

mmjaus

Yep, I realised at song 2 that OBH4 was going to be special. These recordings have not changed that realisation. If I space out the recordings I should last until July when I should be back to work  :undecided:
Fling open the windows....

rkwedge

Quote from: mmjaus on May 23, 2018, 11:45 AM
Yep, I realised at song 2 that OBH4 was going to be special. These recordings have not changed that realisation. If I space out the recordings I should last until July when I should be back to work  :undecided:
Welcome mmjaus, you indeed made the right choice to go to the Dominican. What an awesome set of shows to travel so far for. Buy My Car was so goooooood, I'm really happy to have these shows to remind me of that great trip.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

mmjaus

Yes, these recordings are sublime!

BTW, I don't know how I registered as a "junior member" however, the trip to OBH4 was my 50th birthday gift to myself!  :thumbsup:

rkwedge

Quote from: mmjaus on May 23, 2018, 12:22 PM
Yes, these recordings are sublime!

BTW, I don't know how I registered as a "junior member" however, the trip to OBH4 was my 50th birthday gift to myself!  :thumbsup:
The forum automatically assigned you junior member, after so many posts you make, which I do not remember how many, it'll change your status. Welcome to the 50 club, nice gift to yourself.  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Lonndown27

Quote from: mmjaus on May 23, 2018, 11:21 AM
Hi All, Looonnngggg time lurker, first time poster.

I am not sure if I have posted in the right spot though....

I just want to pass on how grateful I am am to EVERYONE who brought OBH4 to life. I travelled from Australia to be there and it did not disappoint. I had always regretted not going to T5 due to my silly over zealous dedication to my job so OBH4 seemed like a beautiful reward! I feel blessed to have heard these songs!

Favourite song of OBH4: By My Car (a little piece of heaven (what ever that is?))
Favorite album of OBH4: TTF (though I tend to be obsessive and am still on Day 1 and looking forward to Circuital).

Sorry if my friend chatted during concerts though he is not a mega fan and was on the other side of the world for me so......if he pissed the 3 guys from Chicago off during PWW, I did tell him to be cool!

Love to all and enjoy these incredible sounds!

Welcome mmjaus!!! We need more Aussies up in heeeeeuh!
Did you see them in 2004, 2009 or 2012 before the OBH4 shows? I believe those are the three years they toured Australia.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

mmjaus

Hi, I saw them in 2012 and 2009 though was not aware of them too much around the time of the first tour.  I have the signed 2012 tour poster framed. I remember first seeing the promotional billboard for that tour whilst driving and nearly crashed my car!

Like other non-US fans, I live in hope of another tour here by MMJ or a solo Jim tour.   :wink:

Lonndown27

Quote from: mmjaus on May 24, 2018, 12:03 AM
Hi, I saw them in 2012 and 2009 though was not aware of them too much around the time of the first tour.  I have the signed 2012 tour poster framed. I remember first seeing the promotional billboard for that tour whilst driving and nearly crashed my car!

Like other non-US fans, I live in hope of another tour here by MMJ or a solo Jim tour.   :wink:

HELL YES!!!
May i ask which shows i just love seeing what setlists other's had at the shows they've been to
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Woody

Hey all, anyone have some extra download codes they aren't using? Was supposed to get them from my friend's wife but she flaked. Appreciate it!

APR

I can listen to that ending of Cobra for another 30 minutes...... that jam, Carl's background vocals, and Jim telling everyone about dancing all night and Pat Myers' personal guarantee.  To think that last bit topped off ISM and Z is unreal.  Still painful to miss in person but so great to have the pristine audio. 

Lonndown27

Quote from: APR on May 27, 2018, 03:41 PM
I can listen to that ending of Cobra for another 30 minutes...... that jam, Carl's background vocals, and Jim telling everyone about dancing all night and Pat Myers' personal guarantee.  To think that last bit topped off ISM and Z is unreal.  Still painful to miss in person but so great to have the pristine audio. 

Ohhhhh me too broseph!!! Absolutely no doubt that is THE greatest Cobra of all time. Not just for being full, but for being so incredibly badass!!!

Lonndown27

Quote from: APR on May 27, 2018, 03:41 PM

Wait haha Pat Myers isn't THAT famous it's a mention of Eric Mayers im guessing their tour manager? Or just one of their management team guys.
Ohhhhh me too broseph!!! Absolutely no doubt that is THE greatest Cobra of all time. Not just for being full, but for being so incredibly badass!!! The headbang jam is the longest just like i want because i never want it to end. Same with pretty much every section they do. Ssd they waited until OBH4 to unleash this. This would've been a monster at so many shows and break up the cycle of just every show getting two of either Dondante, Steam, Phone, War Begun as the long epics. Saying you were there is quite a nutty thing but the idea of listening to this for the rest of my life?

Fuck
Yes
Baby

Lonndown27

But i still laughed out loud at the idea of Pat Myers being who you thought not making fun it's just hilarious

APR

Quote from: Lonndown27 on May 29, 2018, 09:00 AM
But i still laughed out loud at the idea of Pat Myers being who you thought not making fun it's just hilarious

Right, it's Eric. 

sillyboob

So digging on these recordings.  Just finishing another listen of night 2 now.  So damn good!!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MMJCOBRA

Still diving in but the Remnants slays and wails.

JDUB

I'm finding these recordings a little hard to listen to because of Jim's vocals. His voice is cracking so much.

PJAMVedder

Quote from: JDUB on May 31, 2018, 08:06 AM
I'm finding these recordings a little hard to listen to because of Jim's vocals. His voice is cracking so much.

Lord have mercy

MMJTX

:grin:
bummer
Anytime

millerjustin

Quote from: MMJTX on May 31, 2018, 09:08 AM

:grin:
bummer

smh - 33 songs night 3.  and he sounded fine even by the time they got to Only Memories.

overall, you can hear a tad of strain here and there, but good lord, he sang their entire discography.  Just remembering the words was herculean

I suggest comparing to OBH2, where the wind and his voice were much more discernible issues
What's in here won't disappear