Main Menu

Muppets

Started by Rupert230, Mar 11, 2018, 01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert230

During night 3 Jim walked over to Carl's side and was singing to the audience along with the keyboard riff(?) at the beginning of Victory Dance.  I said to my husband "this guy almost can't be real.  It's literally as if one of the muppets took on human form and formed a band."

I had no idea Jim had a history with the muppets!  You guys probably all know this.  This is from the piece he wrote for Louisville magazine in 2012:

"i'll never forget seeing kermit for the first time in stuffed animal form...and saying: "who is this beautiful frog!" and then my mom sitting me down on the floor in front of the TV as the opening song of the muppet show came on and my mind just being blown to bits at the music and the creatures and the beauty of it all. i really believe the muppet show was the first place i learned about the deeper qualities of music and how far reaching and powerful it was...how it could make you feel so many things...watching and laughing at the electric mayhem's goofy songs or gonzo singing with his chickens...then crying as some weird scientist muppet sang jim croce's "time in a bottle"...or just feeling utterly mystified and convinced at a young age of the existence of a higher power as kermit sang the rainbow connection and all the muppets joined in with him in the end."

I personally don't get this Kermit as a higher power thing, though my husband's been trying to convince me of it for years.  But whatever made Jim the musician he is, I'm grateful, so I guess I have a new respect.

He says later in that article that they almost worked with the Muppets a few times and it was a big disappointment when it fell through.

johnnYYac

Outta My System was originally destined for a Muppet project later shelved by Disney...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

justbcuzido

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 14, 2018, 05:09 PM
Outta My System was originally destined for a Muppet project later shelved by Disney...

I feel like a bunch of Circuital could have been used for that.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

sillyboob

Quote from: justbcuzido on Mar 15, 2018, 11:29 AM

I agree with you.  Circuital, Wonderful, Outta My System & Slow Slow Tune definitely seem to fit that vibe.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

TheRoof

You Are Everything

robb

Quote from: justbcuzido on Mar 15, 2018, 11:29 AM

I'm pretty sure like half of circuital was meant for that project.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

ZMan

My banner at OBH 2018 had a muppet theme...

The Lovers, the Dreamers and Me- OBH 2018.

sillyboob

Quote from: ZMan on Jun 10, 2018, 09:40 AM
My banner at OBH 2018 had a muppet theme...

The Lovers, the Dreamers and Me- OBH 2018.

How awesome!  I'm bummed I missed it!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.