Chance to see Carl solo

Started by rkwedge, Jun 26, 2018, 04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkwedge

www.mkbfamilyreunion.com/

Looks like Carls starting to fill in some fall dates to promote his upcoming new album.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

Nice! I've seen him twice solo in Louisville and loved both shows!
Hopefully he will be back!!

sillyboob

Carl's set at OBH3 was the highlight set of the festival.  Definitely catch him if he comes to your town!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Jbpats

Big fan of Carl's solo stuff and wish MMJ played his tunes more often. I've seen carried away played live once and it was fantastic. Could you imagine the boys playing 4th of July?

Wonder if its a Jim ego thing, he certainly gets his solo stuff played nightly with the band.

That being said I did see Carl solo once, in Boston. Venue sucked, could hardly see anything but the music was fantastic. I was hoping he would do a solo shows while in town during the current Ray tour but I guess the man needs a break once in a while.

jttouch2

Quote from: Jbpats on Jun 27, 2018, 10:05 AM
Big fan of Carl's solo stuff and wish MMJ played his tunes more often. I've seen carried away played live once and it was fantastic. Could you imagine the boys playing 4th of July?

Wonder if its a Jim ego thing, he certainly gets his solo stuff played nightly with the band.

That being said I did see Carl solo once, in Boston. Venue sucked, could hardly see anything but the music was fantastic. I was hoping he would do a solo shows while in town during the current Ray tour but I guess the man needs a break once in a while.
Agreed, Carl's solo stuff is a lot better than Jim's for me and would love to see 4th of July make it into setlists along with Carried Away being a consistent staple

rkwedge

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jun 27, 2018, 10:29 AM

Agreed, Carl's solo stuff is a lot better than Jim's for me and would love to see 4th of July make it into setlists along with Carried Away being a consistent staple
Put me down for this too.  I've been waiting for the band to bust out 4th of July.  I've seen them do Carried Away many times and it's always a highlight of the night for me, 12/29/2017 at Broomfield, Holy Shit that was an amazing song that night. I've only seen Carl's solo show once, like sillyboob, it was at OBH3 and it was fantastic. Come out West Carl we love you over here too.  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 27, 2018, 12:07 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Jun 27, 2018, 10:29 AM

Put me down for this too.  I've been waiting for the band to bust out 4th of July.  I've seen them do Carried Away many times and it's always a highlight of the night for me, 12/29/2017 at Broomfield, Holy Shit that was an amazing song that night. I've only seen Carl's solo show once, like sillyboob, it was at OBH3 and it was fantastic. Come out West Carl we love you over here too.  :beer:

Yes - Definitely come out west Carl!!  SoCal needs a Carl show!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

jimmyE

I've always thought '4th of July' would be a perfect fit with the full band. 'Don't Get Carried Away' is great, but the full weight of MMJ behind '4th of July' would be something special. I missed out on all of Carl's solo tour, so his set at OBH 3 was one of the highlights of that entire weekend for me.

The next time he tours, I'll be willing to travel quite a ways to see him.

justbcuzido

Quote from: jimmyE on Jun 28, 2018, 09:47 AM
I've always thought '4th of July' would be a perfect fit with the full band. 'Don't Get Carried Away' is great, but the full weight of MMJ behind '4th of July' would be something special. I missed out on all of Carl's solo tour, so his set at OBH 3 was one of the highlights of that entire weekend for me.

The next time he tours, I'll be willing to travel quite a ways to see him.

I agree with everything you said.

I was really bummed last year when he did some solo shows during his tour with Ray Lamontagne. He had a solo show at The Cactus Cafe in Austin, which is this tiny but really cool listening room to see someone at. He canceled the day before because he had some illness and had to bounce off Ray's tour for a moment.

I hope he reschedules that show someday.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Jbpats

Is Carried Away the only Carl tune ever covered by MMJ? I'd be interested in hearing some other songs played live if it's happened. Thinking maybe Questions? has been played by them before, maybe?