Previous topic - Next topic

gasp

...to the moon

dookie shoot bandit

Reminder to tune in tonight!

Any guesses on what song will be aired?

I'm thinking No Secrets

rkwedge

Anybody on here going? Should be fun with full band, have a good time if going.

I hope it's No Secrets but I'm guessing we'll get Throwback or Just a Fool.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Stevie

Out of time, No Secrets, or No Use Waiting.

Anything less is tragic, and a misrepresentation of the true essence and power of his new album.

Stevie

Was looking at the Kimmel website and it looks like many artists get two songs posted online.  Someone on the OBH fb group posted a 45 second clip of Just A Fool and there was some pretty heavy off script soloing going on, so i think ill be happy with anything. 

searchinbig

Love it! Nice to hear an "undistorted" version of these tunes. Jim looks great and those girls singing backing vocals KILL it!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

rkwedge

Quote from: searchinbig on Jul 18, 2018, 12:11 PM
Love it! Nice to hear an "undistorted" version of these tunes. Jim looks great and those girls singing backing vocals KILL it!
Exactly my feelings, love the undistorted version of No Secrets. One of those girls is Cornelia Murr, her first album just dropped last week, produced by Jim. My guess is those two are seeing each other and Jim seems so happy so good for them.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

millerjustin

Quote from: rkwedge on Jul 18, 2018, 12:19 PM
Exactly my feelings, love the undistorted version of No Secrets. One of those girls is Cornelia Murr, her first album just dropped last week, produced by Jim. My guess is those two are seeing each other and Jim seems so happy so good for them.

they are indeed an item and seem very happy.
What's in here won't disappear

searchinbig

Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 18, 2018, 12:37 PM

That is wonderful news!!

I sure hope for our sake, and the rest of the world's sake that Jim has found his happy place.  :smiley:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Stevie

Thanks for posting. 

I wish they wouldn't have had to cut the soloing out of Throwback but i'll take what i can get.

Absolutely wonderful to see Jim performing without sunglasses on.  This has been something I've thought about a lot.  The shows didn't feel quite as personal with that thin dark shield between his eyes and ours.  And for his purposes, I hope that means he is feeling confident as ever. 

gasp

Quote from: searchinbig on Jul 18, 2018, 12:51 PM

That is wonderful news!!

I sure hope for our sake, and the rest of the world's sake that Jim has found his happy place.  :smiley:

ditto!

https://www.stereogum.com/1994231/cornelia-murr-man-on-my-mind-prod-jim-james/video/
...to the moon

Cameron

Agree on the sunglasses. Glad to see that again.

dookie shoot bandit

https://www.stereogum.com/1994231/cornelia-murr-man-on-my-mind-prod-jim-james/video/
[/quote]

I had a feeling after listening to their podcast together. Their dynamic seemed a lil more personal than a business relationship.
Good for Jim! And also glad to see him so happy

FYI - Cornelia's album is fantastic

meltingaway

Imagine the voice of their love child...