New Jim Solo Album

Started by jttouch2, Apr 15, 2018, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diddy57

Yes To Everything. Damn. A freaking anthem, kids.

Nikkogino

Quote from: Stevie on Jul 11, 2018, 11:58 PM
The more that times goes by, the more the songs disperse to their proper place in the pecking order:

Top Dogs: No Secrets, Out of Time, No Use Waiting, Too Good To Be True just barely hanging on.

Middle of the pack: All the others except for..

Bottom of the barrel: Just a fool, Yes to everything, Get to Rome

You accidentally put Yes To Everything at the bottom of the barrel instead of 10 feet above the barrel where it justly belongs.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: Nikkogino on Jul 12, 2018, 10:11 PM
Quote from: Stevie on Jul 11, 2018, 11:58 PM
The more that times goes by, the more the songs disperse to their proper place in the pecking order:

Top Dogs: No Secrets, Out of Time, No Use Waiting, Too Good To Be True just barely hanging on.

Middle of the pack: All the others except for..

Bottom of the barrel: Just a fool, Yes to everything, Get to Rome

You accidentally put Yes To Everything at the bottom of the barrel instead of 10 feet above the barrel where it justly belongs.

Hahahaha
Agreed. Definitely was on accident

rkwedge

I have a free download code if anyone's needs one. First one to PM me gets it.

Edit: It's been taken.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

millerjustin

full band summer '19 - wouldn't be shocked if they take the NFF Saturday headliner slot this year
What's in here won't disappear

APR

Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 18, 2018, 12:38 PM
full band summer '19 - wouldn't be shocked if they take the NFF Saturday headliner slot this year

Oh may I can't wait that long.  I was hoping for spring.  But I guess I'lll have to wait a while longer, and I'll be ready for a bunch of shows to see UD live.  I appreciate your intel as always!  Thanks millerjustin.

I can't wait to watch the Kimmel performances.

parkervb

parkervb

bummed I missed the first part of this (shakes fist at job).

parkervb

he does love showing off the guns lol

rkwedge

Listening myself parkervb, thanks for posting.  :thumbsup:  He said there were going to be some shows in October to get people to vote mid term elections. I wasn't sure if it was solo or band.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

i'm going to go ahead and apologize for my future spazz outs at Jim shows during Yes to Everything

gasp

thanks for this, he took us to the gun show last night too.  :cheesy:
...to the moon

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 19, 2018, 02:53 PM
i'm going to go ahead and apologize for my future spazz outs at Jim shows during Yes to Everything

Just listened
Yes!!!! It sounded soooo good!! I can not wait

parkervb

Cameron

Sweet. Thanks for posting!

Lonndown27

as much as i love it i will tame my outrageous excitement from the album by saying it should've been a Jacket album, but more now that No Secrets, Too Good To Be True, All In Your Head and one other (or even a mixture of a few others, Fool / Time mashup?) should've been Jacket songs. But shoulda woulda coulda , they'll turn into Jacket staples soon enoughy
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

cshum372

This record is one of my favorite things that Jim has ever put his hands on. The raw, adventurous spirit of the album came as a surprise to me at this point in his career, that he can still step back and access that ' feeling' is an incredible testament to a genuine artist.

That feeling reminds me a lot of the MOF song- Losin' Yo Head, both in its raw, and rocking delivery on that record, but also in the content of the lyrics. " The feeling of adventure- I think we all remember it"

I am reminded of an interview I read with Conor Oberst, where he was talking about the collaboration with Jim, and his insistence of accessing " Begginer's Mind", a buddhist concept of seeing the world as new- for the first time, during the song writing process. That concept seems prevalent throughout Uniform Distortion.

I have loved all of Jim's solo efforts, and even prefer all 3 records to a lot of the Jacket studio catalogue. ( Not a diss- i love every jacket album dearly, in its own peculiar way ) I get the impression with many of these songs having been intended for Jacket songs, that Jim may be a bit discouraged by the band's studio process ( The Waterfall took forever, although it seems to have been a wonderful experience recording) As Jim's muse seems to move along rather quickly.

parkervb

^^^this is a good post^^^

sillyboob

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 25, 2018, 08:56 AM
^^^this is a good post^^^

But your post, because of the page divisions, is an AWESOME post!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.