Over/Under this band tours in 2019?

Started by Jbpats, Oct 25, 2018, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbpats

Thoughts on this one?
Have a few people tugging my arms to get me to go see the Shpongle farewell shows at Red Rocks, but my Red Rocks visits are limited to once/year for MMJ.

Seeing that they are all still doing solo stuff, and there has been no studio time (as far as we are aware) that the likelihood of a 2019 MMJ tour is probably pretty low?

Murph

I'd say slim to none.  I've read Carl say a few times now that they won't even get back in the studio together until next Summer. 

rkwedge

I agree with Murph, chances slim. Carl's statement that they wouldn't get together any before next summer is a telling statement. Although he never said in a studio, that I heard, just not together. With 2019 being the 20 year anniversary of Tennessee Fire I hold out hope of a small fall/winter 2019 tour just to celebrate that. It sucks for you Jbpats that you want to make plans but not knowing MMJ's agenda it's hard to pull the trigger on other things. Good luck with your decision.  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

ditty

100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

millerjustin

festy circuit next summer with a few choice one-offs and short runs - hoping RR and a PC redux - June announce for OBH5 March 2020
What's in here won't disappear

parkervb

Quote from: millerjustin on Oct 31, 2018, 03:43 PM
festy circuit next summer with a few choice one-offs and short runs - hoping RR and a PC redux - June announce for OBH5 March 2020

i wonder if these could coincide with the release of the live album. Would make a ton of sense.
Don't you ever turn it off

cshum372

That Billboard article that came out recently seemed to suggest that Jim's solo band was gonna be out for the festival circuit in summer of 19 or did I read that incorrectly?

I could see Jacket doing a Fall Tour- leading in OBH 20 to commemorate Tennessee Fire.

APR

Thanks buddy. 

cshum..... I think the article said spring for the solo stuff.  I'd have to go back and read it again, but I'm pretty sure it said MMJ summer.  And miller knows his stuff, which lines up with Billboard article (unless my memory is faulty).  Bring on the ones offs, short runs, and everything!!

jttouch2

I don't think they really gave a time frame but Carl said they wouldn't convene as a group before next summer in a separate interview so that would make sense for Jim to do full band solo in the spring. would be really sweet if Jim and Carl could go on solo tour together with Carl opening for Jim but thats definitely a pipe dream.

MMJTX

oooweeeee hoping for Bonnaroo!
Anytime

Lonndown27

WE NEED THE LIVE DVD AND LIVE ALBUM GUYS!!!!! i cannot wait to get it. because unfortunately i know itll be a long time before i see the band again  :cry:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

parkervb

ok....i'll bite...is Post Malone that big of a deal?
Don't you ever turn it off

Jbpats

Quote from: parkervb on Nov 21, 2018, 09:14 AM
ok....i'll bite...is Post Malone that big of a deal?

He's horrendous but is selling out pretty big venues these days.
I'll say this much he isn't big in Europe. Mad Cool billed him pretty high one night and his stage was a pretty poor showing. Happened to walk by and notice.

I'm surprised he and odesza are above MMJ on that lineup (if that poster is real).

Jbpats