Solo Acoustic Setlist Selection

Started by jttouch2, Oct 31, 2018, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jttouch2

https://www.settheset.com/t/jim-james

Jim appears to be taking requests from the catalogue for shows, with the option to "boost" your choice via contribution to The Waterfall Project. Makes me really excited to see how the setlists shake out.

CountSA

This is amazing, too many good choices though!.  It's kinda cool you are reimbursed for songs that aren't played, even though it's all for charity.

cshum372

This is great news for those of us who are hoping for deep cuts- fan favorites.  :beer:

APR

This is pretty coo.  I just requested a bunch of songs.  I wanted to be realistic so I put n a bunch of Uniform Clarity and other solo songs including some George Harrison in addition to some old, deep track MMJ songs.  I wonder if it would improve odds if I just did the old stuff, but it's all for a good cause.

Stevie

Go for broke, dont worry about how rare a song is or how unlikely it is.  This is our best chance to date to get some of those songs that have never made into Jacket setlists no matter how many times we tried the spontaneous curation thing. 

jttouch2

Quote from: Stevie on Nov 01, 2018, 12:19 AM
Go for broke, dont worry about how rare a song is or how unlikely it is.  This is our best chance to date to get some of those songs that have never made into Jacket setlists no matter how many times we tried the spontaneous curation thing.
Agreed! Hearing Sweetheart or Holy would be beyond incredible. how much does our "boosting" affect it? does he just play the most donated songs or?

JDUB

Interesting that they say "You will be reimbursed for your songs that aren't played."
Also, bummer that I can't choose Rocket Man.

brob

Jim James, Belly Up Tavern, Solana Beach

Over and Over
I'm Amazed
Changing World
Rome
It will Work Out
Same Old Lie
Just a Fool
Throwback
Wonderful
Too Good to be True
All in your Head
Out of Time
Yes to Everything
Steam
Hillside
Golden
Bermuda

with Dave Givan:
Worlds Smiling
A New Life
No Secrets
No Use Waiting
Rainbow Power
Of the Mother
State of the Art
Here in Spirit

The show was 2 hours.  It was fantastic!

CountSA

Quote from: brob on Nov 02, 2018, 02:50 AM
Jim James, Belly Up Tavern, Solana Beach

Over and Over
I'm Amazed
Changing World
Rome
It will Work Out
Same Old Lie
Just a Fool
Throwback
Wonderful
Too Good to be True
All in your Head
Out of Time
Yes to Everything
Steam
Hillside
Golden
Bermuda

with Dave Givan:
Worlds Smiling
A New Life
No Secrets
No Use Waiting
Rainbow Power
Of the Mother
State of the Art
Here in Spirit

The show was 2 hours.  It was fantastic!

Wow, not a bad way to kick off the tour.  Obviously a couple more MMJ songs would be ideal, but an acoustic Steam Engine can't be beat.

Jbpats

Doesnt seem like this really ever panned out. Not much variation between sets and I can't imagine people are requesting the same 'rare' songs every night.

dontgetupset

CountSA

Quote from: Jbpats on Nov 19, 2018, 10:07 AM
Doesnt seem like this really ever panned out. Not much variation between sets and I can't imagine people are requesting the same 'rare' songs every night.

I kicked in $20 spread across 3 songs for Boston and none of them were played.  The 3 had been played at previous shows this tour so it's not like my requests were a stretch.

sillyboob

Quote from: CountSA on Nov 19, 2018, 08:58 PM

I kicked in $20 spread across 3 songs for Boston and none of them were played.  The 3 had been played at previous shows this tour so it's not like my requests were a stretch.

Can't really see the point of this - why piss off your fans?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

JDUB

Did you get the promised refund when your songs weren't played?

CountSA

Quote from: JDUB on Nov 20, 2018, 03:07 PM

Did you get the promised refund when your songs weren't played?

I just received an email saying a refund was being issued.

Stevie

Why get pissed when you knew it was a "request?"

If you paid attention to the spontaneous curation stuff, you knew he was going to pretty much play what he wanted to play.  Im assuming it wasnt his idea to begin with, but agreed to it knowing he would inevitably make the charity a couple bucks when fans requested the songs he was already going to play.

dontgetupset

Quote from: Stevie on Nov 27, 2018, 07:22 PM

If you paid attention to the spontaneous curation stuff, you knew he was going to pretty much play what he wanted to play.  Im assuming it wasnt his idea to begin with, but agreed to it knowing he would inevitably make the charity a couple bucks when fans requested the songs he was already going to play.

So you're saying: No reason to be disappointed; he didn't come up with the scam he only agreed to it.

Stevie

Quote from: dontgetupset on Nov 28, 2018, 07:46 AM
Quote from: Stevie on Nov 27, 2018, 07:22 PM

So you're saying: No reason to be disappointed; he didn't come up with the scam he only agreed to it.

Pissed off is different from being disappointed.  And scam?  lol...  if anyone came away from his acoustic set feeling scammed, i don't really know what to say to that...other than that I think you are taking it a little too seriously.